Do plugged in PSU's ground a case?

Davidf4e
Go to solution Solved by turkey3_scratch,

Yes, that's what the bottom prong in a 3-prong outlet does, it ground the metal PSU case to the ground outside. And since the metal PSU is in contact with the metal case, the case gets grounded, too. Just make sure the switch is off in the back.

i unboxed my case waiting for my psu and its really staticy and was wondering if having a plugged in psu inside the case grounds it.

Technically as the ground pin on the psu is connected to the out-side off the PSU. You might just wanna leave your case for a bit till it wears off from transport.

Technically as the ground pin on the psu is connected to the out-side off the PSU. You might just wanna leave your case for a bit till it wears off from transport.

im just worried that it might zap my mobo or something when i build in it in a few days when i get my psu, i also did buy an anti static wrist strap

im just worried that it might zap my mobo or something when i build in it in a few days when i get my psu, i also did buy an anti static wrist strap

Just leave it on a hard floor. If you are really worried plug in a PSU attach the anit-stactic wrist strap While the psu is turned off and touch the case up.

Yes, that's what the bottom prong in a 3-prong outlet does, it ground the metal PSU case to the ground outside. And since the metal PSU is in contact with the metal case, the case gets grounded, too. Just make sure the switch is off in the back.

thanks for the answer turkey seems you are solving my questions recently