Christmas Gaming PC

Gregbenson715

Hey chaps I'm planning on building a gaming PC that will max games at 1080p 60fps. I live in the US, I do need a monitor, also a mouse and keyboard. I've seen some monitors going for $89.99, and this cooler master mouse and keyboard for $21. Budget is $1000, Im not sure if I should get a gtx 970 or r9 390. Should I spend the extra monies and get the skylake i5 6600k??

Cheers mates.

Note: Use pcpartpicker pls, don't need a os.

Get the 390 it's a little faster, and you can get a cheaper i5 if you would like to and loose a very low amount of performance while gaming

Processor i5 4440 Graphics Card GTX 980ti Motherboard MSI B85M-G43 Memory 8GB Storage 1TB HDD Power Supply XFX TS 750W Case Fractal Design Core 1300

Hey chaps I'm planning on building a gaming PC that will max games at 1080p 60fps. I live in the US, I do need a monitor, also a mouse and keyboard. I've seen some monitors going for $89.99, and this cooler master mouse and keyboard for $21. Budget is $1000, Im not sure if I should get a gtx 970 or r9 390. Should I spend the extra monies and get the skylake i5 6600k??

Cheers mates.

Note: Use pcpartpicker pls, don't need a os.

Get the R9 390. Skylake isn't worth it for just gaming, but if you have the money go for skylake 

Get the 390 it's a little faster, and you can get a cheaper i5 if you would like to and loose a very low amount of performance while gaming

Which i5 would you recommend? I5 4460?

Hey chaps I'm planning on building a gaming PC that will max games at 1080p 60fps. I live in the US, I do need a monitor, also a mouse and keyboard. I've seen some monitors going for

Should be good to go

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hYCVxr

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hYCVxr/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($242.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($67.89 @ OutletPC)

Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($34.97 @ OutletPC)

Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($129.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.98 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card  ($308.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.89 @ OutletPC)

Total: $934.69

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-16 03:41 EST-0500

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Which i5 would you recommend? I5 4460?

Yes, any i5 is awesome. But with any i5 above the 4440 just make sure you get a board that supports haswell refresh like a z97 mobo. I have the i5 4440 and I'm very happy with it. If you were to get a skylake i5 which are the newest lineups of i5s like a 6600k it would probably cost you a little more in total. So i'd say get a 4460 and a cheaper z97 mobo and you'd be in good water with the r9 390 and i5 4460 together. You also mentioned getting the coolermaster keyboard combo and just letting you know I have read really bad reviews on it with the mouse not working after a few weeks or it being really cheaply made. I would put together a PC for you but I don't believe in someone like or someone on the forums choosing specific parts like the case or ram and choose your parts how you would like your PC to look.

Processor i5 4440 Graphics Card GTX 980ti Motherboard MSI B85M-G43 Memory 8GB Storage 1TB HDD Power Supply XFX TS 750W Case Fractal Design Core 1300