Nice headphone for $200 USD or under?

Aytex

Sennheiser 598?

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

AKG k7xx. usually on massdrop for $200 free shipping. only draw back that i can see is that they are open back, which isn't really a draw back for some

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

Hyper X Cloud 2's?

Those arn't very good when compared to other things in this price range.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Hyper X Cloud 2's?

For once you can buy an electronic cheaper at walmart xD

post-259091-0-60396000-1450154676.jpg

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

The Philips X2 are on sale for $199. One of the best set of cans you can get at this price.

I second this.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Those arn't very good when compared to other things in this price range.

What would be better? I also happen to be looking at sub 100 dollar headphones lol

What would be better? I also happen to be looking at sub 100 dollar headphones lol

Well headphones means without a mic, so for $100 I would get HD 558's for open or M40x's for closed, if you could stretch your budget to $200 the Fidelio X2's are on a amazing sale right now there usually like $300.

Well headphones means without a mic, so for $100 I would get HD 558's for open or M40x's for closed, if you could stretch your budget to $200 the Fidelio X2's are on a amazing sale right now there usually like $300.

You're absolutely right, I should say headset.

headphone != headset

ikik I'm not really into audio, I tend to confuse the two sorry

A headset comes with a microphone. Headphones don't.

Honestly, at 200$, you don't really have options. Every decent headset (Beyerdynamic COP with mic, Sennheiser G4ME ZERO/ONE, Audio Technica ATH-AG1/ADG1) costs upwards of 200$. And below that, for a headset your best option really is the HyperX Cloud II.

Your only real option besides the HyperX Cloud II and spending more money is using a headphone and an Antlion ModMic. However, the latter costs 45$, and you're not really going to see a difference from the 100$ HyperX Cloud II and some 150$ headphone like the Audio Technica ATH-M50x, AKG K272 or Sennheiser HD558.

Your best option is to ask whether your friend needs the microphone. If he doesn't, then you have plenty of options for 200$ headphones, such as Sennheiser HD598, Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro, Beyerdynamic DT770...

One thing you should avoid is headsets from gaming peripheral brands like Razer. SteelSeries and Logitech might be worth looking into. Linus seemed to like the Siberia Elites.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

Make your own thread, son!

AKG K7XX, Fidelio X2, Custom One Pro Plus.

Make your own thread, son!

AKG K7XX, Fidelio X2, Custom One Pro Plus.

A headset comes with a microphone. Headphones don't.

Honestly, at 200$, you don't really have options. Every decent headset (Beyerdynamic COP with mic, Sennheiser G4ME ZERO/ONE, Audio Technica ATH-AG1/ADG1) costs upwards of 200$. And below that, for a headset your best option really is the HyperX Cloud II.

Your only real option besides the HyperX Cloud II and spending more money is using a headphone and an Antlion ModMic. However, the latter costs 45$, and you're not really going to see a difference from the 100$ HyperX Cloud II and some 150$ headphone like the Audio Technica ATH-M50x, AKG K272 or Sennheiser HD558.

Your best option is to ask whether your friend needs the microphone. If he doesn't, then you have plenty of options for 200$ headphones, such as Sennheiser HD598, Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro, Beyerdynamic DT770...

One thing you should avoid is headsets from gaming peripheral brands like Razer. SteelSeries and Logitech might be worth looking into. Linus seemed to like the Siberia Elites.

I know, just while we were all here haha

Thanks you!