Should I root my new Nexus 6p?

Nonco

Just got myself a Nexus 6p, and loving it considering my last phone was a Note 2 :/

Whats the benefits of rooting a custom rom onto my phone and are there risks involved?

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

Nexus ROM's are already good. There of course are risks involved with custom ROM's, but it being a Nexus phone risks aren't that high.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Risk:

- Potential Bricking if instructions aren't read clearly or something messed up during the process

- Sometime the ROM itself is buggy which may or may not affect you.

Benefit: 

- Custom ROM gives you a ridiculous amount of options to customize the phone (depending on the ROM)

- A lot of the Custom ROM gives you additional features that the phone doesn't come out of the box

- Undervolting which gives the benefit of a longer battery (your mileage will vary)

- Overclocking CPU & GPU....(Not really recommended)

- The ability to block ads on mobile apps, YouTube video, and website (This may have changed since the last time I had a rooted phone)

you can get some since kernels, especially with franco since he modified the way the frequencies are handled with all 8 cores enabled similar to stock but having less battery drain and retaining overall OS interactivity. However rooting makes android pay not work (only works with 1 custom ROM which is Chroma).

- Overclocking CPU & GPU....(Not really recommended)

depends on the vendor, but overclocking the GPU may not work because of the fact that the frequency table for the GPU is locked behind the TZ partition along with proprietary drivers and firmwares, therefore adding additional frequencies doesn't actually work depending on how it's setup.

depends on the vendor, but overclocking the GPU may not work because of the fact that the frequency table for the GPU is locked behind the TZ partition along with proprietary drivers and firmwares, therefore adding additional frequencies doesn't actually work depending on how it's setup.

thats highly not reccomened on a phone... i've had my friend's phone litterley melt and burn him

True enough, but based on my experience, you can easily add a custom kernel which can give you the ability to overclock CPU & GPU.

Still not recommended but as it can easily burn through your battery life or potentially damage the phone itself. 

thats highly not reccomened on a phone... i've had my friend's phone litterley melt and burn him

It wouldn't make any sense that a GPU OC would do that. Do you know how phones work? They operate a much lower voltage than say a computer as they are designed to be passively cooled. Not to mention there's a really bleeding edge technology solution called thermal throttling. Don't know if you have heard of it or not, but it prevents an SoC from melting itself.

If anything it had to be a battery malfunction.

True enough, but based on my experience, you can easily add a custom kernel which can give you the ability to overclock CPU & GPU.

Still not recommended but as it can easily burn through your battery life or potentially damage the phone itself. 

you can add it, doesn't mean it will work. Only device I have where a GPU OC works is my Nexus 9 (because Tegra K1).

It wouldn't make any sense that a GPU OC would do that. Do you know how phones work? They operate a much lower voltage. Not to mention there's a really bleeding edge technology solution called thermal throttling. Don't know if you have heard of it or not, but it prevents an SoC from melting itself.

If anything it had to be a battery malfunction.

nope, he had a droid turbo, rooted it and OCed it, he woke up to a burn and his phone melted to a eclipse shape

nope, he had a droid turbo, rooted it and OCed it, he woke up to a burn and his phone melted to a eclipse shape

yeah that's a battery issue 100% lmfao

Stop overclocking your phones guys [emoji23].

It overheats and thermal throttles so no point.

I overclocked my HTC One M7 from 1,7Ghz to 2,13Ghz & lowered the voltage a bit... Runs fine & stable [emoji1]