High end Server Build

Hi guys,, im new here and i need some help. Im trying to learn how to build a high-end server with a 16 core processor as my basis, can u give me advice or probably a list of things that i need to consider for building a high end server. It would would be good also if you can give me the exact components to run this 16 core processor,,, (newbie here,,,just ignore my grammar and how dumb i am to this stuff,,,,but im a quick learner,,,,just need someone to explain it to me) thanks xD.

I'm going to be blunt: If you're that much of a (self-proclaimed in your original post) "newbie" with this stuff, starting with a "16-core server" build is not what you should be doing.

We're not here to take all the work away from you.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

Just to be clear, building a server is fun and you learn a lot. But I'll tell you, don't make one. Buy one. You have warranty and onsite engineers for help. In companies you'll never be asked to build a server. A server is designed to do something- can be small scale, like a local web server or something big- AD, DNS, DHCP, VL, Remote Access, virtualization. You PC can be a server. So if you know how to build a PC, you can build a server. Thing is, the parts for a server are cherry picked and have custom firmware to ensure absolute perfect operation.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Hi guys,, im new here and i need some help. Im trying to learn how to build a high-end server with a 16 core processor as my basis, can u give me advice or probably a list of things that i need to consider for building a high end server. It would would be good also if you can give me the exact components to run this 16 core processor,,, (newbie here,,,just ignore my grammar and how dumb i am to this stuff,,,,but im a quick learner,,,,just need someone to explain it to me) thanks xD.

can you give us a budget and what it will be used for?

I'm going to be blunt: If you're that much of a (self-proclaimed in your original post) "newbie" with this stuff, starting with a "16-core server" build is not what you should be doing.

We're not here to take all the work away from you.

Well,, actually im really a newbie when it comes to Servers cause i never got my hands on building a high-end one.. but if u could help me how to start,,id really appreciate it

Just to be clear, building a server is fun and you learn a lot. But I'll tell you, don't make one. Buy one. You have warranty and onsite engineers for help. In companies you'll never be asked to build a server. A server is designed to do something- can be small scale, like a local web server or something big- AD, DNS, DHCP, VL, Remote Access, virtualization. You PC can be a server. So if you know how to build a PC, you can build a server. Thing is, the parts for a server are cherry picked and have custom firmware to ensure absolute perfect operation.

Well,, i could actually buy one,, but,,, building a server caught my interest and all the more since watching Linustechtips..   i got a hold of this Intel Xeon e5-2698 v3 so i thought of building a server that uses this one "not on a whim it cause a ton but, i could also use this to replace the server to where i work" . 

can you give us a budget and what it will be used for?

well,,, i want a high end one,,,but i dont know how much does it cost-- i allready got the xeon 16 core so all i need is like:

motherboard:"i dont know what to use"

memory: 128 GB x2

Storage: 4TB on RAID "just for pure database "

network card: 10Gigabit

and i read that Blade Rack is better?

so,,this is all i know,,,and i really like to learn,,,any help u can give me,,,?