Switching from Gamsung galaxy nexus to windows phone

Thamassi

Hello, 

I am thingking about changing te windows phone.
At the moment I am using a samsung galaxy nexus but it broke so I'm looking for an other phone.
Do any of you made that switch and what are your experiences with the switch.

INTEL CORE I7 3770K / CORSAIR HYDRO SERIES H60 / P8Z77-V DELUX / CORSAIR 16GB (4X4GB) 1600MHZ / ASUS GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5 / CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER RECON3D FATALITY CHAMPION / ASUS PCE-AC66 / CORSAIR 850W HX850 PROFESSIONAL / 3 x INTEL 180GB 2.5 INCH 330, 2 RAID0 / 2 X WD BLACK 4TB / 1 X WD BLACK 1TB / CORSAIR 400R / LG 29EA93P 2560 x 1080 / LOGITECH G500 / LOGITECH K800 / LOGITECH Z906

Listen to Coombzy

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

I'd strongly recommend sticking with Android.

Windows Phone is almost an abandoned side-project at this point. Microsoft haven't been working to improve it much and it lacks a lot of the basic functionality available on other operating systems.

Why not look into the Nexus 4? It'd be a logical upgrade from your Galaxy Nexus. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

I currently using a nokia N9 (that megoo thing)
Is there a point for buying a Nexus 4, there are rumours that google will sell the nexus 5 this year.
And I can still use my samsung, i just can't make any phone calls.

INTEL CORE I7 3770K / CORSAIR HYDRO SERIES H60 / P8Z77-V DELUX / CORSAIR 16GB (4X4GB) 1600MHZ / ASUS GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5 / CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER RECON3D FATALITY CHAMPION / ASUS PCE-AC66 / CORSAIR 850W HX850 PROFESSIONAL / 3 x INTEL 180GB 2.5 INCH 330, 2 RAID0 / 2 X WD BLACK 4TB / 1 X WD BLACK 1TB / CORSAIR 400R / LG 29EA93P 2560 x 1080 / LOGITECH G500 / LOGITECH K800 / LOGITECH Z906

I currently using a nokia N9 (that megoo thing)

Is there a point for buying a Nexus 4, there are rumours that google will sell the nexus 5 this year.

And I can still use my samsung, i just can't make any phone calls.

The Nexus 4 is extremely cheap, still competitive performance-wise with the big boys and will remain relevant for quite a long time given the instant-updates Google provide it with.

If you absolutely want the latest, most powerful and most awesome stock Android experience phone, you should probably wait for the Nexus 5. But if you're not bothered about that, the Nexus 4 is a very good phone at a very attractive price point. :)

Hello, 

I am thingking about changing te windows phone.

At the moment I am using a samsung galaxy nexus but it broke so I'm looking for an other phone.

Do any of you made that switch and what are your experiences with the switch.

Oh god why. My last phone was a Galaxy Nexus, it's an excellent phone. DEFINITELY go for a Nexus 4 if you're looking for a new phone, it's the next logical step. Windows Phone is a pile of wangs compared to stock android, especially when run on a nexus device. There is nothing known about the next Nexus phone, but the N4 is still extremely good. I wouldn't even hesitate considering how cheap it is now. Honestly WP isn't worth your a second of your time after a Nexus experience.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Oh god why. My last phone was a Galaxy Nexus, it's an excellent phone. DEFINITELY go for a Nexus 4 if you're looking for a new phone, it's the next logical step. Windows Phone is a pile of wangs compared to stock android, especially when run on a nexus device. There is nothing known about the next Nexus phone, but the N4 is still extremely good. I wouldn't even hesitate considering how cheap it is now. Honestly WP isn't worth your a second of your time after a Nexus experience.

Indeed.

Windows Phone is just a mess. They've not succeeded in breaking into the market, there isn't a great amount of quality applications available for it even now, a lot of basic functionality from the OS is missing, the interface isn't always efficient or intuitive, and Windows Phone is in some ways more locked down than iOS.

Unless you're invested into Microsoft services such as Xbox Music there's no benefit to switching to Windows Phone I'm afraid. And it seems there won't be for the foreseeable future, if ever.

We don't get the discount nexus 4 in Belgium.
But, I think I will wait until the next Nexus now Google has announst android kitkat.

Thanks for all the support 

Talking about iphone is going off topic. Iphone isnt relevant here.

I have experienced the lumia 920 and i can say that it is silky smooth but just doesnt have a good app variety.

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

No one mentioned the best phone to get.... iPhone...

That Screams one word for me .. Purist

Android phones dominate , sorry dude , better specs , cameras , nicer ,BIGGER screens , a great modding community , flexibility , the list goes on.