Remove heat spreader or cut plastic?

I just bought a dark rock pro 3 to replace my hyper evo 212 and just want to see what would be a better option for me in the case that the cooler collides with my RAM (I'm fairly sure it will, I have 2 sticks of GSkill sniper RAM). Now cutting down the plastic is no problem, I found an image of the internals of the RAM so I can be sure not to cut into the PCB. But would removing the heat spreader entirely be a bad idea? Could my RAM potentially overheat to the point of failure if I do this?

RAM is so power efficient these days that the only reason consumer memory has heatspreaders is for looks. Server stuff is where you will actually NEED the heatspreaders because a lot of those systems are completely passively cooled and also a lot of that memory is used at full bandwidth for extended periods of time.

RAM is so power efficient these days that the only reason consumer memory has heatspreaders is for looks. Server stuff is where you will actually NEED the heatspreaders because a lot of those systems are completely passively cooled and also a lot of that memory is used at full bandwidth for extended periods of time.

I removed the heat spreaders on my old ram. They really do not need them unless you are doing very intense tasks without a whole lot of airflow.

The most intensive thing I'll ever be doing is gaming. Maybe a little folding here and there but nothing more. I'll be fine?

I removed the heat spreaders on my old ram. They really do not need them unless you are doing very intense tasks without a whole lot of airflow.

@LinusTech should do a temp test with and without heat spreaders if that's possible :o

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

The most intensive thing I'll ever be doing is gaming. Maybe a little folding here and there but nothing more. I'll be fine?

Ya. I did CAD work on my old G.skill Ripjaws. I wanted black RAM, the heat spreaders were red. The PCB was black. Ask @CalebTheEternal, they still work :P

Ya. I did CAD work on my old G.skill Ripjaws. I wanted black RAM, the heat spreaders were red. The PCB was black. Ask @CalebTheEternal, they still work :P

Still work, as far as I know, it's just sitting in my basement :/

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg