A thought: LTT exclusive drop featuring Ifixit?

Hey guys on Friday I was watching the WAN show and saw that Linus was doing a promo for Ifixit. It was the normal “10$ off anything in store” I have been eyeing the new Pro tech tool kit for a while so I hopped on to the ifixit website and took a look at the kit which cost 64$ which was a reasonable price where they hit you is the shipping. To get to where I live (in Ontario Canada) cost 32 bucks! And after exchange rate that is almost 120$ Canadian (with the coupon) which is ridiculous. Massdrop has previously featured pro tech toolkits and the shipping was still relatively high.

So here is my idea an LTT exclusive “Massdrop“ featuring an ifixit product with the goal to severely  reduce or completely remove shipping.

Reasoning:

• Marketing ties to Both Massdrop and Ifixit
  • Ifixit has the product
  • Massdrop has the shipping resources and coordination to distribute for a lower price
  • LTT has the marketing (more or less). And Linus is telling us to buy these things because they are so good
  • LTT has a massive audience to support the drop & reduce shipping

The secondary if it fails:

If that fails do a community buy with LTT someone trusted in the community buys a bunch of products from ifixit and distributes them. (Shipping for 10 tool kits would cost 70 bucks where I live)

Other notes:

-Just a thought more research would have to go in to this and we would need a system for people who would want to at least back it ect.

-is shipping usually this high or is it because of the holiday season?

-SNIP-

I believe this was actually brought to the attention of nicklmg where he was looking into it due to the shipping costs into Canada but I didn't follow up with that post. 

I believe this was actually brought to the attention of nicklmg where he was looking into it due to the shipping costs into Canada but I didn't follow up with that post. 

Oh thanks for the info!