Led or cold cathode in mineral oil pc

Bajantechnician
Go to solution Solved by W-L,

so leds will be better?

If your dipping them in oil for sure, not to mention they don't require an inverter to be hidden away somewhere in the tank.

So red cathodes, or red leds. Cathodes will be pci, and leds will be modded to a fan controller, so I can use software to turn it on, off, and dim it

Thanks

(Didn't know which sub forum, threw it in general. Please don't punish me high kings :)

So red cathodes, or red leds. Cathodes will be pci, and leds will be modded to a fan controller, so I can use software to turn it on, off, and dim it

Thanks

(Didn't know which sub forum, threw it in general. Please don't punish me high kings :)

I would use Red LED's especially if your dipping them into mineral oil, something like the Rigid Darkside strips would be a good idea. As for controlling them you can use a fan controller for voltage controlling LED's, there are software based ones you can get from Aquacomputer or like the NZXT hue+.

I would use Red LED's especially if your dipping them into mineral oil, something like the Rigid Darkside strips would be a good idea. As for controlling them you can use a fan controller for voltage controlling LED's, there are software based ones you can get from Aquacomputer or like the NZXT hue+.

so leds will be better?

If your dipping them in oil for sure, not to mention they don't require an inverter to be hidden away somewhere in the tank.

Alright,

Alright,

One thing I would test first is if your get the LED strips that have a waterproof coating over them do a test to see how it reacts overtime with mineral oil I'm not sure how it would like that and hopefully not breakdown like rubber and mineral oil.