Gaming slower with New, faster Ram?

Bit8xPr0

My buddy has an A10 5800k APU and used to run 4gb of ram in Dual channel, his brother got him ADATA http://www.amazon.com/ADATA-USA-Series-1600MHZ-AX3U1600W8G11-RD/dp/B00F902QBW ram to replace it. He gets lower frames per second in League and Counter Strike GO. The UEFI bios says it's running at 1600

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

Maybe because the new kit is a single stick, instead of 2 in dual channel. Not really sure how much faster ram in dual channel is than ram by itself...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

My buddy has an A10 5800k APU and used to run 4gb of ram in Dual channel, his brother got him ADATA http://www.amazon.com/ADATA-USA-Series-1600MHZ-AX3U1600W8G11-RD/dp/B00F902QBW ram to replace it. He gets lower frames per second in League and Counter Strike GO. The UEFI bios says it's running at 1600

What was the speed of the previous RAM?

Cause its a single stick and hence is only single channel it effectively runs at half speed and as it is an APU it will be using the RAM as its video memory so that is why his performance has lessened. 

What was the speed of the previous RAM?

1333, but it was in Dual channel. Not sure why this would make it THAT much slower.

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

Maybe because the new kit is a single stick, instead of 2 in dual channel. Not really sure how much faster ram in dual channel is than ram by itself...

Didn't know single channel vs dual channel made that big of a difference.

Didn't know single channel vs dual channel made that big of a difference.

On a system with an actual graphics card, it doesn't make that big of a difference, but an Apu build will show the difference due to how it relies on the system ram as the vram.

On a system with an actual graphics card, it doesn't make that big of a difference, but an Apu build will show the difference due to how it relies on the system ram as the vram.

So what would you recommend, use the 4gb until he can get another 8gb of ram to run in dual channel or try and send it back? He got it for $25

If you're a really good friend you could swap him your 2 sticks of 4 for his 1 :P

So what would you recommend, use the 4gb until he can get another 8gb of ram to run in dual channel or try and send it back? He got it for $25

Yes. Throw the dual channel kit back in there until he can get another stick of the 8gb.