NEW BUILD need help Z170/X99

dktamm

Currently I am building my new setup, but I am unsure if I should go for the X99 chipset or the Z170. I am not an extreme gamer (play a lot of CS:GO that's about it), but I do a lot of adobe stuff like AE/AI/PS/PR/LR/ Autodesk MAYA/ and etc.....

Here's a link to what i decided to build: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/hxFBkL

currently bought the RAM/PSU/Video Card/ Motherboard already (i still have time to exchange like 2 days LOL)

edit build if you think it's necessary too LOL    (ALSO if it's the X99 which motherboard would you recommend? nothing TOO expensive)

HELP ME please because I can't decide at the moment.

THANKS

if you're doing a lot of video work I would go with the 5820k. I think some of ASUS's X99 boards are priced pretty reasonably (X99-A is the cheapest ASUS one) but if you want cheaper MSI has some options that would still be ok. ASRock sells the cheapest, but my friend has one of theirs and it's fine so you could definitely go with that.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

I'd go for the X99 platform if your doing Adobe and Autodesk stuff (I do the exact same stuff). The i7-5820K is great and you can get some pretty decent x99 boards that are not expensive. The rest of your build looks fine.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD