Is this deal too good to be true?

Tony.C

So on my local classified's.. I found an ROG swift PG278Q monitor to claims to be in box and sealed for $675. The monitor brand new is at least 850 before taxes here in canada. I had arranged for a meet up tomorrow to purchase it. I was wondering why the owner would not return it for the full price and when asked, he said he needed the receipt for accounting/tax related issues for their business, but they said i could take a look at the receipt they had. 

Is this too good to be true?

So on my local classified's.. I found an ROG swift PG278Q monitor to claims to be in box and sealed for $675. The monitor brand new is at least 850 before taxes here in canada. I had arranged for a meet up tomorrow to purchase it. I was wondering why the owner would not return it for the full price and when asked, he said he needed the receipt for accounting/tax related issues for their business, but they said i could take a look at the receipt they had. 

Is this too good to be true?

no...thats a decent price for a second hand one

just make sure you test the thing before buying it

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

No. It could be legitimate. Just be wary.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

no, a lot of people sell BNIB items for cheap

that monitor is pretty old too... the 279q was released recently

highly doubt he is within the 30 day return period

just open the box there before you leve to make sure there is actually a monitor inside it :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

no, a lot of people sell BNIB items for cheap

that monitor is pretty old too... the 279q was released recently

highly doubt he is within the 30 day return period

just open the box there before you leve to make sure there is actually a monitor inside it :)

I'm sure they'll be able to tell if it's got one in it or not by lifting it, it's just if it's the right one or not :P

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I would like to thank everyone for their prompt responses.

The person has actually decided to bring it over tomorrow for the deal. I guess ill just open it up there and hope to see a new monitor. I dont think he will allow me to test a brand new product before buying it.

no...thats a decent price for a second hand one

just make sure you test the thing before buying it

He claims its brand new in box and sealed.

I would like to thank everyone for their prompt responses.

The person has actually decided to bring it over tomorrow for the deal. I guess ill just open it up there and hope to see a new monitor. I dont think he will allow me to test a brand new product before buying it.

Insist on testing it, it might have tons of dead pixels or spoilt but he resealed it.

Leave a like if you breathed oxygen today

He claims its brand new in box and sealed.

never buy something second hand if you can't test it before hand

thats how people get ripped off

if he won't let you test it

don't buy it

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Thanks everyone. The transaction was very smooth. He came down my driveway in a pink sports car and brought the monitor right inside. The monitor was definitely 100 percent still sealed and in the original packaging of the asus box. He even brought the receipt and showed it to me. He spent over 1000 bucks after taxes for the monitor. Then we proceeded to open the item and it was all safely packaged with no damaged product. We put the monitor together and ran some tests for dead pixels. I havent tried the gsync feature yet, but it was a very smooth transaction. After giving this man my money, he told me that if I ever need any other products just message him and he would see what he could do and would give me his best prices. He was in 20's and most definitely loaded.

Thank you guys for all your advice and help!