Should I upgrade to windows 10?

UpsetPeck

So last time I tried to upgrade to windows 10 was when it came out and I had a bunch of driver issues with my gpus. Should it be better now?

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHZ | MOBO: Asus Rampage Extreme V Eatx LGA2011-3 | RAM: 16.00GB DDR4 G-Skills Ripjaws @2400Mhz | GPU: 2x Gtx 980 | CASE: Cooler Master Cosmos 2 | STORAGE: 400GB INTEL 750 Series PCI-E SSD/ 3TB Western Digital WDC | PSU: Corsair AXi 1200w | DISPLAYS: ASUS PB287Q (3840x2160@60Hz) And LG27MU67 (3840x2160@60Hz)

I haven't had any issues with it on my laptop or desktop for months now. I did have a few problems when I first switched, but everything has been fine for a while now. 

I switched last week. Have not had any graphics issues that were not my own fault, though I disabled Cortana and most of the 'microsoft services' crap in the background.

Maybe? I did for my laptop from Windows 7. It's OK? I haven't done the desktop (Windows 7 as well) though. I don't know if I will.

CPU: i7 4770K  |  Corsair H80i  |  ASUS Z87-Pro  |  8GB Corsair 1866Mhz  |  GPU: MSI Gaming X RX 480 8GB  |  Corsair HX  750

Windows 10 is likely pretty stable now...

Personally I didnt not have a single problem, even when running the insider builds on my laptop, but I do know of a few people who had a hell of a time getting it to work.

If there arent features that you really need on windows 10, then just stay on the OS you are currently on.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Windows 10 is mostly like Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, but with a different visual style, a start menu that is a bit less convenient IMO, search functionality that is bloated, and built-in spy functionality that collects usage data which Microsoft turns into revenue through a variety of methods.

Windows 10 has some minor to moderate enhancements, like the ability to pause file-copying, and DirectX 12, but it also has some moderate to, I think, major downgrades. Some of those include worsened search behaviour, worsened start menu, invasive data collection, and reduced visual customization options.

The sort-of return of the desktop / start menu, and DirectX 12 are probably Windows 10's biggest selling points. But the desktop / start menu exist in Windows 7 and 8.1, and the start menu is more efficient, more functional, and, in my opinion, nicer organized in Windows 7 than 10.

DirectX 12 is a good thing for gaming, though Windows 7 and 8(.1) will receive the non-proprietary Vulkan, which accomplishes the same thing that DirectX 12 does.

There are bugs in Windows 10, but some people say they don't experience any, while others say they do.

In the end, Windows 10 is still within the same vein of OS as Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1. There isn't a leap of new tech involved like there was from Windows XP to Vista, and the practical differences between these OSes is primarily hardware support, and then whatever surface-level changes you can see in the user interface, and whatever other apps are installed on a particular version of Windows. Windows Vista doesn't have great hardware support anymore, and never really received full on hardware support, but from Windows 7 onwards, there is full hardware support, except when it comes to DirectX 12, which has been made exclusive for Windows 10.

Windows 7 and 8.1, in all practicality apart from DirectX 12 (though they'll receive Vulkan), remain just as modern and supported as Windows 10. So take a look at the Windows 10 interface and see if you find it attractive. If you don't, you're probably best staying with the Windows you currently have.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Windows 10 is mostly like Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, but with a different visual style, a start menu that is a bit less convenient IMO, search functionality that is bloated, and built-in spy functionality that collects usage data which Microsoft turns into revenue through a variety of methods.

Windows 10 has some minor to moderate enhancements, like the ability to pause file-copying, and DirectX 12, but it also has some moderate to, I think, major downgrades. Some of those include worsened search behaviour, worsened start menu, invasive data collection, and reduced visual customization options.

The sort-of return of the desktop / start menu, and DirectX 12 are probably Windows 10's biggest selling points. But the desktop / start menu exist in Windows 7 and 8.1, and the start menu is more efficient, more functional, and, in my opinion, nicer organized in Windows 7 than 10.

DirectX 12 is a good thing for gaming, though Windows 7 and 8(.1) will receive the non-proprietary Vulkan, which accomplishes the same thing that DirectX 12 does.

There are bugs in Windows 10, but some people say they don't experience any, while others say they do.

In the end, Windows 10 is still within the same vein of OS as Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1. There isn't a leap of new tech involved like there was from Windows XP to Vista, and the practical differences between these OSes is primarily hardware support, and then whatever surface-level changes you can see in the user interface, and whatever other apps are installed on a particular version of Windows. Windows Vista doesn't have great hardware support anymore, and never really received full on hardware support, but from Windows 7 onwards, there is full hardware support, except when it comes to DirectX 12, which has been made exclusive for Windows 10.

Windows 7 and 8.1, in all practicality apart from DirectX 12 (though they'll receive Vulkan), remain just as modern and supported as Windows 10. So take a look at the Windows 10 interface and see if you find it attractive. If you don't, you're probably best staying with the Windows you currently have.

the start menu on 10 is WAYYY better then 8..and has a few useful features over 7

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

The Windows 10 start menu has live tiles, which I don't like myself. At the same time, it has lost the ability to pin programs to the start menu, which is something I rely on, and find more efficient and practical than a wide panel of large pictured live tiles. I also find the All Programs list in Windows 7 more convenient and quicker to navigate than the application list in Windows 10.

Windows 10's start menu presents the same information as Windows 7's, but in a different way - one that is bulkier and less configurable. I just want quick, and personalized for efficiency from the start menu. I replaced the Windows 10 one with Startisback, which is more to my liking.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987