Motherboard didn't come with speaker

tomi1

My ASUS H81M-A motherboard didn't come with the little internal speaker that makes beeps for POST and such.

I have an old pc collecting dust which does have this speaker. This may sound like a stupid question but can I just take that speaker out and plug it in on my PC? The old motherboard has 3 pins and the new one has 4, but the speaker only has 2 cables, 1 (+) and 1 (-)

In my MB manual it says one is +5V, 2 are Ground and the other  is Speaker out. So where do I plug in the (+) cable and the (-) ?

This is the speaker I've got:

91hfhejwNSL._SX522_.jpg

thanks

+ to the speaker out and - to ground

If you have the option to get a high refresh rate monitor, do it.

Main PC CPU: i7 14700k CPU Cooler: NZXT x62 280mm Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite X WiFi 7 GPU: Asus Strix 3080ti RAM: Gskill Trident Z5 32gb DDR5 SSD: 990 Pro 2TB, 980 Pro 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black PSU: Corsair RM1000e ATX3.0

Server: CPU: i7 9700k RAM: Corsair 32gb DDR4 HDD: 36tb Usable SSD: Samsung 500gb NVME Case: Fractal Define R5 PSU: Corsair RM1000e ATX3.0

+ to the speaker out and - to ground

So I don't plug anything into the +5V?

motehrboards don't really come with speakers anymore

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

motehrboards don't really come with speakers anymore

Huh, maybe I'm out of the loop then. Why does it have a speaker connector then? And how do you diagnose POST problems without a speaker?

no only bigger speakers require power. A little speaker that you've got doesn't require anything

If you have the option to get a high refresh rate monitor, do it.

Main PC CPU: i7 14700k CPU Cooler: NZXT x62 280mm Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite X WiFi 7 GPU: Asus Strix 3080ti RAM: Gskill Trident Z5 32gb DDR5 SSD: 990 Pro 2TB, 980 Pro 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black PSU: Corsair RM1000e ATX3.0

Server: CPU: i7 9700k RAM: Corsair 32gb DDR4 HDD: 36tb Usable SSD: Samsung 500gb NVME Case: Fractal Define R5 PSU: Corsair RM1000e ATX3.0

My ASUS H81M-A motherboard didn't come with the little internal speaker that makes beeps for POST and such.

I have an old pc collecting dust which does have this speaker. This may sound like a stupid question but can I just take that speaker out and plug it in on my PC? The old motherboard has 3 pins and the new one has 4, but the speaker only has 2 cables, 1 (+) and 1 (-)

In my MB manual it says one is +5V, 2 are Ground and the other  is Speaker out. So where do I plug in the (+) cable and the (-) ?

This is the speaker I've got:

91hfhejwNSL._SX522_.jpg

thanks

THIS IS ONLY A GUESS but going on the board layout this is where I'd plug it in

12339268_10153288306424849_9144356587016

Huh, maybe I'm out of the loop then. Why does it have a speaker connector then? And how do you diagnose POST problems without a speaker?

some boards have post code info on a little lcd

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

There should be a little LCD display like a clock radio with 2 digits that can each display something from 0 - F (0, 1, 2, ... 8, 9, A, B ... E, F)

This will be the code, for better or for worse.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Speaker out and ground, middle 2 pins are not plugged in

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list