Faulty graphic card? Question.

nm76

Hello. I have an Asus strix 980 Ti. Today after quitting nvidia demo HUMAN HEAD when i was on desktop in Windows 7( card was cooling down ), i saw a one vertical line flicker for 1 second. That was happened once, and never again. I have a question. It was gpu related or not?

Can you replicate?  Could very easily be screen as well, foot hitting a cable, almost anything really.  If you can't reproduce the glitch, I wouldn't worry about.

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K GPU: Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080Ti 11GB RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850W 80+ Gold Storage: Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 / Samsung 860 Evo 2TB 2.5" CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro Case: Lian Li Lancool One

I cant reproduce. It happened once only.

No worries then.

Just be extra careful when playing games, check for artifacting or what not.

In game 0 artifacts. I am observing and no visible artifacts. Today just after quitting HUMAN HEAD demo when i on desktop ( and card was cooling down ) one vertical line flicker for 1 second. Is this something to worry about or not?

If it is not something you can replicate or something that only happens once, you have nothing to fear.  If you do overclock that card, you can back off the OC by a few Mhz just in case.  Bear in mind that overvolting when overclocking can have unforeseen hardware consequences.