AMD FX-8350 vs. I5 4690k

Jerahmy

Also, would you mind telling me what computer case you have? That way, I can suggest a water cooler that is compatible with your case.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID | 32GB DDR4-3600

Sorry for asking this but, would I be able to stream/record with this processor and still have good performance?

Yes

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

SPECS: 

MOBO: Crossfire V Formula-Z

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 (Not OC'ed)

CPU: AMD FX-8350 (Not OC'ed)

RAM: Crucial 8 GB

PSU Rosswill 650 Watt

I play at 1920 x 1080. 

I play video games, but I want to start getting into streaming and/or recording.

(Sorry for not posting this to begin with, im at highschool right now, But I can reply)

I will buy your formual v -z if u go intel

i will get it 

FOR SURE

I mean, It is smoother with more FPS. Just something I notice.

It's not smoother with more fps than 100 on a 60hz panel that's not possible and it degrading your performance in Csgo is not possible there is no difference

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

It's not smoother with more fps than 100 on a 60hz panel that's not possible and it degrading your performance in Csgo is not possible there is no difference

I am literally not going to even get into an argument. I really don't care.

upgrade path does not give you better FPS.

better hardware does.

his only real upgrade over a 8350 is a i7... which costs AT MINIMUM 350 USD for CPU + shitty board. 500 USD for good board + CPU...

@Jerahmy

i went from a FX 8320 + Sabertooth R2.0 to a i7 4790k + ASUS Maximus VII HERO board...

500 USD investment.

i got on average 15 FPS more.....

no matter what, DO NOT BUY LGA 1150 BASED HASWELL.

get skylake i7 or X99 5920k AT MINIMUM. there is no fucking way you are going to "make a good investment" going with LGA 1150 based haswell.... i did it, i sort of regret it, sort of dont.

the FPS i didnt really need, the mobo and chipset features however, i did like....

Did you not read when he said he plays games like arma 3 & day z ? we all know those games suck on AMD FX by him going intel he will see an improvement period. So by you saying "no matter what, DO NOT BUY LGA 1150 BASED HASWELL." is you being short sighted. @Jerahmy 

here http://pcpartpicker.com/p/frYt99

Did you not read when he said he plays games like arma 3 & day z ? we all know those games suck on AMD FX by him going intel he will see an improvement period. So by you saying "no matter what, DO NOT BUY LGA 1150 BASED HASWELL." is you being short sighted. @Jerahmy 

I am currently trying to figure out if the Xeon E3-1231 is better than the I5 4790k. What is your opinion on it? Which one do you think is better for gaming, recording, and streaming?

Sounds like Intel is the way to go, based on the consensus of this thread.

Curious, because I'll be building a new gaming PC soon.

Yeah, I completely agree. I am just trying to decide on I5 4690k or a Xeon 1231 V3. 

If you're building a new PC soon and need a parts list, just make a thread in the New builds and planning section of the forum :D

Oh btw welcome to the forums :D

Yeah, I completely agree. I am just trying to decide on I5 4690k or a Xeon 1231 V3. 

If you stream or render a lot: Xeon + B85/H81/H97 board.

If you game much more often: 4690k + Z97 board.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

I am currently trying to figure out if the Xeon E3-1231 is better than the I5 4790k. What is your opinion on it? Which one do you think is better for gaming, recording, and streaming?

The 4790k is better, but the E3 1231 is cheaper & not that far behind the 4790K. if you're talking about the 4690K than i suggest you watch 

[side note if you plan on overclocking then get the 4690K or 4790K & a Z97 board.]

no, i am telling him to get skylake.

which is faster, better, newer and has a fucking upgrade path. Because haswell dont. Haswell is dead. Deal with it and move on!!

Just get a high end CPU Cooler, and overclock

CPU: Xeon X5650 6C/12T @4.87Ghz GPU: R9 390 Strix RAM: 16Gb Kingston Fury 1866Mhz Mobo: Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Storage: Kingmax 240Gb SSD 3x 1TB's Case: Fractal Design Define XL with 480mm Radiators + 360mm Radiator PSU: Enermax Revo95+ 920W Speakers: Logitech Z-5500D THX Surround Sound System Headset: Audio-Technica ATH700X Audio: Creative SB ZxR Moniter: BenQ 27Inch 1920x1080 Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Mouse: Logitech G9x/Microsoft Basic Optical OS: Windows 10 Pro Insider

Hello! 

What are you guy's thoughts? I currently have the AMD, but i'm wanting to go to intel.

Would it be worth buying the I5 4690k? Or should I opted for something else

Save your money and wait, atleast at the moment dont go for amd atm not worth it imo.