Monitor Comparison

Hi, so I came across this Dell monitor and I was just wondering if you would prefer to use that or the Asus PG279Q. Was the Dell monitor decent for its release and time considering how many updates there have been to the display market? What situations would make sense to use that many ports? Is it just compatibility? Would the Dell monitor still be considered decent or higher standards for now? 

Just collecting some data/ideas for what to buy in the future and helping out a friend, thanks 

Hi, so I came across this Dell monitor and I was just wondering if you would prefer to use that or the Asus PG279Q. Was the Dell monitor decent for its release and time considering how many updates there have been to the display market? What situations would make sense to use that many ports? Is it just compatibility? Would the Dell monitor still be considered decent or higher standards for now? 

Just collecting some data/ideas for what to buy in the future and helping out a friend, thanks 

Wait

A cheap 24" IPS 1920x1200 monitor

VS

A super expensive 27"1440p 144hz IPS gaming monitor

The Asus is 4x the price.. and is better in every single respect... not sure how this is even a comparison 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Wait

A cheap 24" IPS 1920x1200 monitor

VS

A super expensive 27"1440p 144hz IPS gaming monitor

The Asus is 4x the price.. and is better in every single respect... not sure how this is even a comparison 

I know, I'm thinking about the ports in the back, I would personally go with the Asus one hands down, I'm also thinking of workstation use as well and immediate compatibility, but even then I would still say the Asus one, I'm trying to think of reasons for the Dell 

btw ~ $560 for the dell on newegg so Idk if that's cheap lol

I guess it depends on what you want to do with it?  The PG279Q is more advanced technically in every way and comes with revision 2 of G-Sync which comes with a HDMI port as well.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

So really the only reason I could truly could come up with would be versatility for the Dell, did some research and apparently they supply a decent variety of inputs. Found some other stuff but it looks like I need to understand more of what they have to offer. Undecided for now, but I'm still definitely leaning towards the PG279Q.

I guess it depends on what you want to do with it?  The PG279Q is more advanced technically in every way and comes with revision 2 of G-Sync which comes with a HDMI port as well.

What's the difference between 12 and 8 bit?

What's the difference between 12 and 8 bit?

The amount/accruracy of colours it can display, but there are no 10 bpp monitors in existence yet.  

The amount/accruracy of colours it can display, but there are no 10 bpp monitors in existence yet.  

so higher bit the better? 

so higher bit the better? 

Your GPU must also be able to output such colours.  10bpp colours are only available in the enterprise Quadro's and Firepro's for now.  You will 99.999% never notice the difference unless you do critical colour work.

Your GPU must also be able to output such colours.  10bpp colours are only available in the enterprise Quadro's and Firepro's for now.  You will 99.999% never notice the difference unless you do critical colour work.

So is a higher amount of display colors better? Is there a certain point that it won't matter anymore?