(Question of experience) Does everyone receive all the proper cords when they get a new Graphics Cards?

Vonschuggle

Recently I decided on a new Sapphire 390x when I upgraded from my Zotac! GTX 960 and I noticed when I opened the box that I only received a single HDMI cord and the card, no power cables. My 960 came with the 6 pin it required for power however this one did not, I have a semi modular power supply and I stored all the cables I wasn't using with the 960 around a year ago somewhere and I could not find them so I had to order a new corsair 8 and 6+2 pig tail cable to power the card when I couldn't find the cable which was slightly annoying. So really is this consistent with other individuals upgrades and experiences or was I just terrible unlucky with loss of cables+video card choice???

Thank you for your replies. 

From what I remember, all my GPU purchases have come with PCIE cables in the box.  In fact, I think my dual HD 7950 Vapor-X came with 2 each.  My 970 I think came with at least 1 8 pin?

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

My cards have usually arrived with one or more splitters/extensions (2x6-pin to 8-pin or similar). No HDMI or SLI

Quote me in replies so I see them.

Yeah

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

My cards have usually arrived with one or more splitters/extensions (2x6-pin to 8-pin or similar). No HDMI or SLI

Now that is really interesting even newer cards that you've ordered haven't come with an HDMI?

Yeah my cards (only nVidia) had power splitters and some adapters but never any cords to the display.

CPU: r7 2700x;  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ti sli; RAM: 16GB DDR4; MoBo: ASUS CH VII HERO x470; PSU: Seasonic Prime 850 Titanium; Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 PRO; SSD: Kingston 120 GB; HDD: 1x 500 GB 1x 2TB 1x 3TB;

My Anime List 300+ completed

Recently I decided on a new Sapphire 390x when I upgraded from my Zotac! GTX 960 and I noticed when I opened the box that I only received a single HDMI cord and the card, no power cables. My 960 came with the 6 pin it required for power however this one did not, I have a semi modular power supply and I stored all the cables I wasn't using with the 960 around a year ago somewhere and I could not find them so I had to order a new corsair 8 and 6+2 pig tail cable to power the card when I couldn't find the cable which was slightly annoying. So really is this consistent with other individuals upgrades and experiences or was I just terrible unlucky with loss of cables+video card choice???

Thank you for your replies. 

Why didn't you just ask sapphire for the adapter, they'd probably send it for free. I don't recall getting one with my 780ti. Maybe they're assuming most people have newer PSUs by now ?

I don't recall getting power cables with any of my GPUs, mind you the last one I bought was about 6-7 years ago, they only ever come with VGA adapter, and crossfire link, and cd rom and instructions.

It's always seems BYO power cables, which makes sense that you supply your own so it suits YOUR psu, and they don't supply something you don't need.

Now that is really interesting even newer cards that you've ordered haven't come with an HDMI?

I have 2x980's, none of them came with an HDMI cable. Only times I get an HDMI cable in the box is with monitors

Quote me in replies so I see them.

SLI bridges come with motherboards

power cables come with PSU

display cables come with monitor

adapters (both display and power) come with GPU

Usually if you don't own the power cables it's a sign that your PSU is not compatible (or in your case you just lost the cables...)

Use of adapters should be avoided especially molex to pci-e

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

When I bought my GTX 460 5 years ago, it came with a mini HDMI cable (as this is what the card used... and I've never seen the port elsewhere) and some Molex to 4 pin adapters.  My recent purchase of a Sapphire R9 380 came with nothing but a DVI to VGA adapter.

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K GPU: Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080Ti 11GB RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850W 80+ Gold Storage: Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 / Samsung 860 Evo 2TB 2.5" CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro Case: Lian Li Lancool One