Something is dying in my pc

Indus Monk

I was firing up GTA 5 today. Clicked play, the system froze for 20 seconds and then the monitor shows the equivalent of no signal. Monitor then shows a blue screen of death 5 seconds later. Left it to cool for a while, that fixed the blue screen. Started watching naruto shippiuden, 6-8 episodes later, blue screen again. What is dying in my PC? Is it the ram? The R9 280x? Turnip?

Played 4 hours straight day before yesterday; no blue screen...

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

I was firing up GTA 5 today. Clicked play, the system froze for 20 seconds and then the monitor shows the equivalent of no signal. Monitor then shows a blue screen of death 5 seconds later. Left it to cool for a while, that fixed the blue screen. Started watching naruto shippiuden, 6-8 episodes later, blue screen again. What is dying in my PC? Is it the ram? The R9 280x? Turnip?

Are you overclocked ? Might be the CPU, GPU or PSU.

|| CPU - i7 4790K @4.6GHz || GPU - MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G || Motherboard - Asus Z97-A || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury @1866MHz |Case Be quiet! Silent Base 800 ||

|| CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO || Storage - Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate Barracuda 2TB (+ WD Caviar Green 2TB) ||

|| Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core || Keyboard - Corsair K70 (MX Red) ||

Its probably the Turnip in it. Try replacing with a new one.

ok seriously. Have you checked your temps in your PC while running after a while? Maybe something is getting to hot (sounds like gpu to me, but i could be wrong). start with that first.

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

How old is the System? Did you do any upgrades recently? Have you cleaned it recently?

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

Are you overclocked ? Might be the CPU, GPU or PSU.

no overclocked whatsoever... Maybe some on the ram

Its probably the Turnip in it. Try replacing with a new one.

ok seriously. Have you checked your temps in your PC while running after a while? Maybe something is getting to hot (sounds like gpu to me, but i could be wrong). start with that first.

the GPU was cool to touch, nothing abnormal

You have the ram overclocked? remove the OC on the ram.

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

Have you been checking the temps inside your pc while gaming?

How old is the System? Did you do any upgrades recently? Have you cleaned it recently?

4690k and a brand new 280x and PSU

Have you been checking the temps inside your pc while gaming?

not as of late

4690k and a brand new 280x and PSU

The new PSU could be the issue. What is the PSU and what are the specs of your system?

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Is there a crash log ?

|| CPU - i7 4790K @4.6GHz || GPU - MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G || Motherboard - Asus Z97-A || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury @1866MHz |Case Be quiet! Silent Base 800 ||

|| CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO || Storage - Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate Barracuda 2TB (+ WD Caviar Green 2TB) ||

|| Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core || Keyboard - Corsair K70 (MX Red) ||

It would be good if you can provide the error code of the BSoD.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

You have the ram overclocked? remove the OC on the ram.

had it overclocked on a LGA 775 system, will try to reset the ram. Can you do that on a b85 mobo from gigabyte?

had it overclocked on a LGA 775 system, will try to reset the ram. Can you do that on a b85 mobo from gigabyte?

should be able to

The new PSU could be the issue. What is the PSU and what are the specs of your system?

it is a very high quality psu. Antec edge EDG750 80+ gold m8

it is a very high quality psu. Antec edge EDG750 80+ gold m8

Ok. But whats the rest of your system?

Motherboard?

RAM?

Storage?

GPU?

etc

how do I do that?

Go into the BIOS there should be an option that allows you to change the OC. i think its in Memory

Ok. But whats the rest of your system?

Motherboard?

RAM?

Storage?

GPU?

etc

Gigabyte b85m-d3h

1333mhz 4gbx2 Kingston

WD caviar green

R9 280 tri x

Update: was unable to reset the ram speeds and just had a bsod again

Update: was unable to reset the ram speeds and just had a bsod again

Can you remeber what the code was? When it BOSDs again write down the code it shows. The code can tell you more about what the cause is.

By the sounds it could be the RAM.

Can you remeber what the code was? When it BOSDs again write down the code it shows. The code can tell you more about what the cause is

how do i read what is written in a dump file?

how do i read what is written in a dump file?

What OS?