PC to Mac fast file transfer solution

trylo

Hi guys!

Here is the situation: I have a PC video editing station, my colleague has an iMac (no judging) and we have to copy the footage all the time. It would be nice just to use footage on my PC or even for transferring to have a speed faster than 1Gb/s.

What would be the best and cheapest solution? Thunderbolt 2 PCIe card for my PC and connect it straight between two computers?

Thank you in advance! 

Have a has that can do 1gbit and use that to store everything would be my solution of choice.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Hi guys!

Here is the situation: I have a PC video editing station, my colleague has an iMac (no judging) and we have to copy the footage all the time. It would be nice just to use footage on my PC or even for transferring to have a speed faster than 1Gb/s.

What would be the best and cheapest solution? Thunderbolt 2 PCIe card for my PC and connect it straight between two computers?

Thank you in advance! 

Network based transfer would be the easiest. You can set the location of the footage as shared and access it through the network (he better be using Ethernet). The thunderbolt idea would also work

Have a has that can do 1gbit and use that to store everything would be my solution of choice.

I'd like to have speeds higher than 1 Gbit.

Network based transfer would be the easiest. You can set the location of the footage as shared and access it through the network (he better be using Ethernet). The thunderbolt idea would also work

Yes, for now we are using 1Gbit, but we are dealing sometimes with 200GB of footage, some cases even more. That's why I'm looking into faster solutions. 10Gbit doesn't exist for iMac or adapter costs $600 which is too much for this IMHO.

Upgrade to 10gbit ethernet & switch like linus? CAT6a supports 10gbps.

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

are you both on ssds? Also in that case a 10gbit has but that also means 10gbit switch

Edit: has that can do 10gbit and thunderbolt

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Upgrade to 10gbit ethernet & switch like linus? CAT6a supports 10gbps.

I was considering it but there is no 10GBit on Mac and I don't want to spend $600 on Thunderbolt to 10GBit adapter.

are you both on ssds? Also in that case a 10gbit has but that also means 10gbit switch

Edit: has that can do 10gbit and thunderbolt

Yes, both on SSD, my PC has RAID 0 SSD and RAID 0 HDDs.

is has suppose to be NAS or is has something I don't know about? :)