How do i disable nvidia shadowplay?

Zach's Tech Tips

Just a quick question guys how do i disable nvidia shadowplay?

Thanks 

Zach

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

Just a quick question guys how do i disable nvidia shadowplay?

Thanks 

Zach

Go into Geforce experience, find the appropriate tab, and just make sure it's switched off.

It's disabled by default? You have to enable it in the GeForce experience thing. Or am I mistaking it for something else?

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

If you go into GeForce Experience, there should be a Shadowplay button at the top right hand corner. Click that and hit the software switch to turn it off. If you never enabled it, chances are it's already disabled.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

If you want to be thorough there is a Shadowplay service you can disable too.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

yeah, but why bother h22...something is all hardware dependent, and integrated into the graphics card, it's a selling point for those cards that you're not using resources to capture besides the obvious hard drive write speed.

yeah, but why bother h22...something is all hardware dependent, and integrated into the graphics card, it's a selling point for those cards that you're not using resources to capture besides the obvious hard drive write speed.

Selling point? How's that a selling point?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Selling point? How's that a selling point?

sorry it's 264....It's a mp4 standard that a lot of capture software used to, and still does.....Shadowplay integrated it into the gpu in such a way that it doesn't actually use the resources it did in previous applications, meaning no impact on the graphics card's, or cpu's performance.

sorry it's 264....It's a mp4 standard that a lot of capture software used to, and still does.....Shadowplay integrated it into the gpu in such a way that it doesn't actually use the resources it did in previous applications, meaning no impact on the graphics card's, or cpu's performance.

Well... I guess then its a selling point for all modern gpus...  0_0

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Well... I guess then its a selling point for all modern gpus...  0_0

nope. to the best of my knowledge amd does not have a comparable feature on it's graphics cards, if you want to do capture you either take a performance hit, or need another solution.

nope. to the best of my knowledge amd does not have a comparable feature on it's graphics cards, if you want to do capture you either take a performance hit, or need another solution.

Ah... See there's AMD's problem. They don't advertise their competing features at all. The option is now called Highlight Clips, I think it used to be called Replay or smth. It works like shadow play as well. 

Not many people know about this.

Ah... See there's AMD's problem. They don't advertise their competing features at all. The option is now called Highlight Clips, I think it used to be called Replay or smth. It works like shadow play as well. 

Not many people know about this.

yeah, sorry. 3-10% performance hit in every case. It uses the same resources that the video card uses to render it's own graphics to run the capture software. It's been around almost since they started using raptor as their driver updater.

yeah, sorry. 3-10% performance hit in every case. It uses the same resources that the video card uses to render it's own graphics to run the capture software. It's been around almost since they started using raptor as their driver updater.

Are you sure? Didn't AMD cards have h.264 hardware implementation on their cards as well? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_Coding_Engine If I'm not wrong, highlight clips uses the same tech as the others

AMD Video Codec Engine (VCE) is a full hardware implementation of the video codec H.264/MPEG-4 AVC.

64878.png

10% performance hit?  :huh:

Are you sure? Didn't AMD cards have h.264 hardware implementation on their cards as well? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_Coding_Engine If I'm not wrong, highlight clips uses the same tech as the others

64878.png

10% performance hit?  :huh:

3-10%.... Depending on the card, the workload, and what it's interfacing with......

3-10%.... Depending on the card, the workload, and what it's interfacing with......

I see... Can you link those benchmarks? I haven't seen cards that take a 10% hit. And it'll be useful to others.

I see... Can you link those benchmarks? I haven't seen cards that take a 10% hit. And it'll be useful to others.

Any game not on their list of 200.

I actually can't find the benchmarks, the only thing that shows up in the first 100 or so results is the same benchmark you posted (btw, read down a couple more lines and you'll see the problems) Basically it was any game that was compatible with raptor, and thus usable with the DVR client, that wasn't listed in their top picks.

I will admit I pretty much stopped following this topic mid 2014 when I upgraded my computer, and wasn't using an AMD card anymore. While the performance on the 290, and 290x was about 3% or less, the performance hit on the previous cards was far greater, especially in any game that wasn't directly supported by this feature.

Any game not on their list of 200.

I actually can't find the benchmarks, the only thing that shows up in the first 100 or so results is the same benchmark you posted (btw, read down a couple more lines and you'll see the problems) Basically it was any game that was compatible with raptor, and thus usable with the DVR client, that wasn't listed in their top picks.

I will admit I pretty much stopped following this topic mid 2014 when I upgraded my computer, and wasn't using an AMD card anymore. While the performance on the 290, and 290x was about 3% or less, the performance hit on the previous cards was far greater, especially in any game that wasn't directly supported by this feature.

Any game not on their list of 200? Are you sure? Vce has been able to support a vast amount of games. Highlights uses just that.

If by previous cards you meant pre gcn cards then yea, they do not have hardware encoders. Just like nvidia's older cards.