Google email that said someone has my password

imperialplanet

I was playing Skyrim and i got an email from google saying someone has my password. i looked and it does show someone signed in or tried from someone in St. Louis, I have two step verification on, should i be worried?

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

I was playing Skyrim and i got an email from google saying someone has my password. i looked and it does show someone signed in or tried from someone in St. Louis, I have two step verification on, should i be worried?

Google tells you if somebody tried to get into your account, a China IP tried to sign into my dad's Google account a few months ago. 

I'd change your password, and find out how they got it. Somebody obviously got it. 

I used to be quite active here.

It may be that it's just a hoax, or that someone actually logged into your account. In your place, I'd change my password, and check a bit on the two factor auth.

Spoiler

Everyday build:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5960x - GPU(s): 2x EVGA GTX 980 Ti Superclocked+ ACX2.0+ (SLI) - Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X99 - RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black DDR4 4x8GB (2666MHz) - Storage: Intel 750 Series 1.2TB + 4TB WD Black - Case: Corsair 760T White - PSU: SeaSonic 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified - OS: Windows 10 Pro - Wireless Adapter: TP-Link Archer T9E - Monitor: Acer XB270HU bprz - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB - Mouse(s): Corsair Gaming M65 RGB + Logitech MX Master - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363D

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WhyK99 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/474247-r8-my-build/

Weekend build:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5930k - GPU(s): 2x EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified ACX2.0+ (SLI) - Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 - Motherboard: ASUS X99-Deluxe - RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 4x8GB (2666MHz) - Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB m.2 & 2TB Samsung 850 Evo - Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv - PSU: SeaSonic SnowSilent 1050W 80+ Platinum Certified - OS: Windows 10 Home - Monitor: Dell S2716DG 144hz - Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE RGB - Mouse: Corsair Gaming M65 RGB - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363D

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YYK93C

change your password

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It may be that it's just a hoax, or that someone actually logged into your account. In your place, I'd change my password, and check a bit on the two factor auth.

^This

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID | 32GB DDR4-3600

Google tells you if somebody tried to get into your account, a China IP tried to sign into my dad's Google account a few months ago. 

I'd change your password, and find out how they got it. Somebody obviously got it. 

alright, how can i find out?

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

If you don't live in St. Louis then yes, I'd be concerned.

I get those all the time but they're from my mail client on my MB Air and Google thinks they're being wrongfully logged into.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

doesn't matter his password since he has 2 step on.

First, is the email legit google?

Tried and failed?

Change password and don't worry about it. UNLESS you use that password for other things that use your email (steam for example, you can log in with email as username), then you worry and change ALL THE PASSWORDS!!!!

Also, so many post ninjas.... :ph34r:

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman

doesn't matter his password since he has 2 step on.

He still needs to change his password. People have it. Two-step is great for keeping your accounts secure, but that doesn't make your regular password useless. 

alright, how can i find out?

I mean, remember if you've given your password to anybody. Again, change your password, and if you have any accounts with the same password, change those too. 

When it happened to my dad, it gave him a Google notification and an email, not just an email. It also linked him to a Google site detailing what to do. 

I used to be quite active here.

Tried and failed?

Change password and don't worry about it. UNLESS you use that password for other things that use your email (steam for example, you can log in with email as username), then you worry and change ALL THE PASSWORDS!!!!

its from no-reply@accounts.google.com , luckily  i dont 

\/Specs\/

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

its from no-reply@accounts.google.com , luckily  i dont 

Tried and failed?

IF someone did log in it would show up here

and give u an ip

https://security.google.com/settings/security/activity

Change the password but don't go through any links in that particular email. That'd be too easy of a hoax. :) Also, look into your password recovery options. Maybe your secondary email has a poor password or the recovery questions are too easy to guess.

IF someone did log in it would show up here

and give u an ip

https://security.google.com/settings/security/activity

it does, the ip is ipv6 2600:1015:b018:89ba:f50b:2088:2257:2a0

\/Specs\/

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

it does, the ip is ipv6 2600:1015:b018:89ba:f50b:2088:2257:2a0

did you log in at that time stamp?

i know when att first gave out ivp6 address to me

it would say i was in cali and i would get warnings and shit often

does it indicate weather the login was successful or not? 

did you log in at that time stamp?

i know when att first gave out ivp6 address to me

it would say i was in cali and i would get warnings and shit often

does it indicate weather the login was successful or not? 

no, i was playing skyrim for the past hour hour and a half. here is what it says

post-70037-0-10621100-1449620818.png

\/Specs\/

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

I had that happen as well.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Make sure it wasn't you that attempted incorrectly.

When I did have a google email account and I would log in with my  phone it would tell me I was logging in from Seattle Washington.

After some research I found that my Phone service was the culprit as it would route my phone data to Seattle before accessing a land line, I live in Iowa. It was odd.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Make sure it wasn't you that attempted incorrectly.

When I did have a google email account and I would log in with my  phone it would tell me I was logging in from Seattle Washington.

After some research I found that my Phone service was the culprit as it would route my phone data to Seattle before accessing a land line, I live in Iowa. It was odd.

alright ill look in to it

\/Specs\/

MSI Ghost Pro GS60