GPU detection

DanielPC
Go to solution Solved by DanielPC,

I was able to remove my basement compartment for my gpu since I had time and it turned out the gpu power cables were slightly pulled out.

No problem, glad to help! :)

I don't think my gpu is being detected because on the nividia website when I run the detection for driver updates it says it dosn't detect any nividia products and when I try to fold on my gpu it gives this error message.  I've tried to move it into a different slot on the motherboard but to seemingly no effect.  The lights on the gpu do light up thought.  I am running a msi gtx 970 twin frozrV.  Thanks- Daniel

post-226055-0-38130200-1449615427.png

A hero need not speak, when he is gone, the world will speak for him.

I don't think my gpu is being detected because on the nividia website when I run the detection for driver updates it says it dosn't detect any nividia products and when I try to fold on my gpu it gives this error message.  I've tried to move it into a different slot on the motherboard but to seemingly no effect.  The lights on the gpu do light up thought.  I am running a msi gtx 970 twin frozrV.  Thanks- Daniel

Do you have both power cables plugged into it? 

CPU: I7 4790k  CPU Cooler: NH-D15 GPUMSI 970 4gb   Motherboard: z97 Gaming 5 PSU: Corsair hx850   Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 gb  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo  Case: Air 540

Do you have both power cables plugged into it? 

Yes.

Yes.

Okay, is the card new? Or rather was the GPU working and it stopped?

CPU: I7 4790k  CPU Cooler: NH-D15 GPUMSI 970 4gb   Motherboard: z97 Gaming 5 PSU: Corsair hx850   Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 gb  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo  Case: Air 540

The card is quite new.  I had just built my system 2 weekends ago.  I'm not sure whether my gpu has been working because my cpu had built in graphics and I haven't used my computer much because I've been busy therefore I'm not sure whether it was working before.

Do the GPU fans still run? If not, it is a faulty cable.

Roses are red, violets are blue. I enjoy foruming on LinusTechTips too!

Do the GPU fans still run? If not, it is a faulty cable.

The gpu fans aren't running but the lights on the gpu are on and the gpu has a feature where the fans will only turn on under load.

The gpu fans aren't running but the lights on the gpu are on and the gpu has a feature where the fans will only turn on under load.

Go into your BIOS and see if the GPU is detected then report back. Also double check them cables. 

Go into your BIOS and see if the GPU is detected then report back. Also double check them cables. 

I'll try to do that tonight but it might be tomorrow.  Thanks for the advice so far.

I'll try to do that tonight but it might be tomorrow.  Thanks for the advice so far.

Are your display(s) plugged into the card?

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

I was able to remove my basement compartment for my gpu since I had time and it turned out the gpu power cables were slightly pulled out.