first time build part come judge me :D

Hi i have wanted to build a pc for years but i always felt if i was going to do it i should do it right well i didn't have the funds 2 years ago to build what i wanted but i do now so i just wanted to hear some experienced builders thoughts and critic of what i have been looking at please note that i'm in ireland and plan on buying the parts elsewhere and the link i post below is just to show what i have had my eyes on oh and if it wasn't obvious this would be my first build and i'm open to suggestions 

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/ZqJ7t6

also if someone could tell me why gigabytes mobo drivers on their site have european download with russian in brackets eg: EUROPE (RUSSIA) 
that is all critic away be gentle xD this is my first time on here 

EDIT: i plan on doing some editing ect also that why i went i7

SSDNow/10

Equivalent to 1/10

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Looks really good :)

I would change the cooler to something a bit beefier if you plan to overclock, which by the look of it you do if youre getting a K chip and Z97 board.

PLEASE do not get the V300 SSD, something like the MX100, MX200, 840/850 EVO, Intel 530/730 are all much much better options.

Unless you plan to get another 980Ti, 850W is a bit much for your setup.

And I also cant really recommend that case, sorta low end for such a high end setup, I suggest looking into something of a bit more quality.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

No judging just tips: Your cooler is sufficient for modest overclocks but as mentioned, not enough for aggressive overclocks. Also I'm not sure what you plan to do with the rig (Just gaming, gaming and a bit of browsing, streaming or bit of video editing, etc) but you can save some money by going with a 4690k and have virtually 0 difference in game and have some extra money for a bit of a bigger SSD so you can fit at least a 240 ssd on your budget.

Other than that you're saving money where you can to get the best GPU available to you so that's overall a very good choice for gaming.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Looks really good :)

I would change the cooler to something a bit beefier if you plan to overclock, which by the look of it you do if youre getting a K chip and Z97 board.

PLEASE do not get the V300 SSD, something like the MX100, MX200, 840/850 EVO, Intel 530/730 are all much much better options.

Unless you plan to get another 980Ti, 850W is a bit much for your setup.

And I also cant really recommend that case, sorta low end for such a high end setup, I suggest looking into something of a bit more quality.

thanks :D yeah i was originally looking at 750w but people kept saying i would just be scraping by which confused me because i have done my research thee ssd advice is a SHOUT cheers 

Why do you have a 212 EVO when a Cryorig H7 cools better and is the same price?

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

I love that case its in my top three. I would go with skylake and DDR for for this high end of a system. Because its only a little more and ddr4 will be used for a while, and its only $10 more for the same amount (even though its at faster speeds.) Also why an i7? An i5 is fine for gaming.

I love that case its in my top three. I would go with skylake and DDR for for this high end of a system. Because its only a little more and ddr4 will be used for a while, and its only $10 more for the same amount (even though its at faster speeds.) Also why an i7? An i5 is fine for gaming.

yeah i edited the post i chose i7 for editing ect 

Just a list I made up nice and quick, nice black and red theme.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor (£249.58 @ Amazon UK)

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler (£60.98 @ Amazon UK)

Motherboard: MSI Z97-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£95.99 @ Aria PC)

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Red 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£50.99 @ Ebuyer)

Storage: Kingston HyperX Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£39.24 @ Amazon UK)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£34.98 @ Amazon UK)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (£538.99 @ Aria PC)

Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case (£89.50 @ Aria PC)

Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£94.99 @ Amazon UK)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)

Total: £1255.24

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-08 03:51 GMT+0000

yeah i edited the post i chose i7 for editing ect

OK that's fine. I still recommend getting a skylake cpu, because then the ddr4 memory can be reused for later builds.But idk of its a lot more expensive in Ireland. Then I guess haswell is great.

Just a list I made up nice and quick, nice black and red theme.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor (£249.58 @ Amazon UK)

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler (£60.98 @ Amazon UK)

Motherboard: MSI Z97-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£95.99 @ Aria PC)

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Red 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£50.99 @ Ebuyer)

Storage: Kingston HyperX Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£39.24 @ Amazon UK)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£34.98 @ Amazon UK)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (£538.99 @ Aria PC)

Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case (£89.50 @ Aria PC)

Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£94.99 @ Amazon UK)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)

Total: £1255.24

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-08 03:51 GMT+0000

this looks really nice thanks i was actually looking at that board but i keep hearing killer ethernet is terrible? people saying it destroys you download and in some case make ping worse 

OK that's fine. I still recommend getting a skylake cpu, because then the ddr4 memory can be reused for later builds.But idk of its a lot more expensive in Ireland. Then I guess haswell is great.

yeah i would have looked at skylake but its is more expensive as a whole here and now hearing stuff about them bending with some coolers xD i kept on the haswell side of things

Its a hell of a lot better then that 170$ gigabyte board you had.

really i was only looking at it because it had intel networking and dual bios which sound handy oh and it looks nice xD but so does the the msi  and it has a nicer uefi 

thanks everyone im taking all feed back into consideration rethinking some choices ^_^