Build problem: Broken USB Front Panel Connection on Motherboard

jpguitar
Go to solution Solved by 404-USER-NOT-FOUND-ERROR,

Thank you so much for that!  I've actually run into another problem...the system won't turn on.  The "Start/Stop" button on my Corsair 380t is lighting up when I flick the On switch of the power supply, but when I press that "Start/Stop" button, nothing happens.  If I can't figure that out soon, I'll likely make another post here on LTT.

sorry for replaying late, I think you may have got a defected motherboard, I would recommend you to refund the motherboard or make another topic on the LTT

Motherboard:  Z97N-WIFI

No idea how this happened.  From the first time I tried (and I had the cable aligned correctly), it just wouldn't fit in there.  And now, one of the pins is bent.  Does this mean my motherboard is now f'ed?

Video to accommodate:  

, hope it helps, mabye u can do the same with toyur pins

Yup.  Just tried.  Pin came clean off.  It was really bent to shit.  Build is busted.  

Can't understand what happened.  Triple checked everything.  

Yup.  Just tried.  Pin came clean off.  It was really bent to shit.  Build is busted.  

Can't understand what happened.  Triple checked everything.  

ow, really sorry for that, the video has another step of putting the pin in after it's broken, if that doesn't work, I would advise a refund EDIT: your motherboard should have USB ports on it side (where the I/O shield is, I think it's called that)

ow, really sorry for that, the video has another step of putting the pin in after it's broken, if that doesn't work, I would advise a refund

Thanks man.  Totally baffled.  Gonna cut my losses and return whatever I can.

Thanks man.  Totally baffled.  Gonna cut my losses and return whatever I can.

I posted a new edit on the previous post, I don't think you saw it:  your motherboard should have USB ports on it side (where the I/O shield is, I think it's called that) 

that would be a way to test other components, so in case they don't work you can refund them (have u checked if your system POST?)

I posted a new edit on the previous post, I don't think you saw it:  your motherboard should have USB ports on it side (where the I/O shield is, I think it's called that) 

that would be a way to test other components, so in case they don't work you can refund them (have u checked if your system POST?)

Thank you so much for that!  I've actually run into another problem...the system won't turn on.  The "Start/Stop" button on my Corsair 380t is lighting up when I flick the On switch of the power supply, but when I press that "Start/Stop" button, nothing happens.  If I can't figure that out soon, I'll likely make another post here on LTT.

sorry for replaying late, I think you may have got a defected motherboard, I would recommend you to refund the motherboard or make another topic on the LTT

That's what happened!  Returned it & got a new MOBO.