Tech Gifts for Non-techies Giveaway!

HI, thanks for organizing this meaningful giveaway. I would like to have a monitor as a gift for my father.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-U2415-24-Inch-1920-Monitor/dp/B00NZTKOQI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1450066188&sr=8-2&keywords=u2414

The reason of this monitor is because my father is using a dell ultrabook which has 13 inch screen which is a gift last year from my aunt but the screen is too small especially he is old now, have poor eyesight and his eyes are so close to the screen. A bigger monitor can help him to see clearly and does not need to stare at the screen in close range that will further damage his eye.

A http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-2-5-Inch-Internal-MZ-75E250B-AM/dp/B00OAJ412U/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1450066799&sr=1-1&keywords=ssd would be great for my Niece she's about to graduate from high school and about to enter college her laptop is a second hand toshiba from Japan so Old and only has 80gb of storage so ill be really happy for her..
and is it possible to have a LinusTechtips Tshirt for my Brother as a gift :) that would be nice :)

Thank you for all the videos that you make Linus, what i like about your video's is that you Speak Clearly and its not that hard to uderstand. and i've learned so much about pc's and other things about Tech thanks to your Tips :)

have a Good Christmas Linus and Staff !  ;)

I'd so like to offer my mom a Kindle, such as

http://www.amazon.ca/All-New-Kindle-Paperwhite-High-Resolution-Display/dp/B00QJDOC60

or

http://www.amazon.co.uk/All-New-Kindle-Paperwhite-Resolution-Display/dp/B00QJDRVTU

She loves reading and something easy to use and having easy store access would be awesome. The lighweight of a reader comparing to a book, and specially multiple books would make something easy for her to carry around with her and specially help her pass time on the hospital while waiting / doing her treatment and the e-ink display would be a must in a digital reader not to tire her already bad eyesight.

Hey Guys,

I want to build a media center pc for my parents for the following reasons:

1. Primary reason is I can install something like teamviewer to remote control the pc when ever they need help watching something. 

Troubleshooting dvd, blue-ray player, even apple TV(yes, I tried that already) over the phone can be really stressful for both parties..

2. They would love to watch videos from facebook, or youtube they hear from their friends or relatives on the big screen. 

3. They need to stop renting DVDs and paying late fees. I will switch them to online streaming.

All of this can be a breeze if I can remote control their device and not deal with troubleshooting over the phone.

I'm thinking this would be a good start. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SD9IS1S?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

It would be a nice Christmas not just for them but for me as well. =.)

I like to give a Wii U to the non-techie in my family this year: http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Skylanders-SWAP-Force-Bundle-u/dp/B00GD962OA/ref=sr_1_8?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1450069549&sr=1-8&keywords=wii+u (This is the only current Wii U system under $300 on Amazon at the moment).

I would like to give it to my Mom. She's the epitome of a non-techie these days. She's barely ever used a computer, let alone a tablet, but she used to be a big fan of Nintendo games back in the day (She adored Mario Paint on the SNES), so I think that a Wii U would be a great way to get her used to newer tech these days. It's got a Web Browser, chat, Netflix and the like, tons of great nintendo games to play, and to top it all off, it's got an easy to use tablet for a controller :)

Thanks a bunch for doing this great giveaway. Good luck and happy holidays to all!

How about nothing more than time. For this there's no link. local guy wants that much just to come here and setup  my wifes p.c. for the office of our new business. She currently has the Dell XPS 9100 with 8 gigs of ram and 3- 250 gb. HDD. I've done just about all I can. 

I would buy the WD cloud 4, or 6 TB for my Dad because he is scared of loosing data on hard drives.

www.amazon.com/dp/B00EVVGAD0/ref=twister_B017BY42RE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

My grandpa is complaining his PC is slow. The HDD is the bottleneck, it's a 1TB WD Green :o . http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-512GB-2-5-Inch-Internal-MZ-7KE512BW/dp/B00LF10KTO/ With this SSD in his system he will never have to complain to me again.  B)

My rigs:

Spoiler

NEW Ryzinator build:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 9 3950X 8-Core Processor

Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4

RAM: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 @ DDR4-3066

Storage: (3x) Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5", Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280

PSU: Seasonic Prime TX-750

Additional fan: Noctua - NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan

Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case

GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 580 Dual OC 4GB

Display: MSI 27L Optix MAG272QP @ 165Hz

OLD Build (SOLD):

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Motherboard: ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX (VRM overheating, don't buy) RAM: 8GB Kingston ValueRAM GPU: Onboard ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics Case: Corsair Obsidian 500D Storage: Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 1TB, 119GB SAMSUNG MMCRE28G5MXP-0VBH1 (SSD), 465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AZRX-00L4HB0 (SATA)  PSU: Be quiet! - Straight Power 10 400 Watt Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 

Retro gaming build:

CPU: Intel Pentium 3 Coppermine @ 800MHz Motherboard: Asus P2B i440BX BIOS 1012 FSB: 133 MHz RAM: 1x 128MB Hynix PC133 SDR SDRAM GPU: ATi Radeon 9200 256MB AGP Case: Full Tower case (unbranded) Storage: CompactFlash card to IDE converter (16GB card) Sound Card: Aztech 2320 ISA Cooling: Stock heatsink fan OS: Windows 98 Second Edition

I would gift my parents a new HTPC to replace their aging setup, specifically http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UFF74MW/ref=psdc_565098_t3_B00KU54KPQ

As it stands they are using a full tower PC hooked up to a 50" and a 36" LCD, the old man uses the bigger screen for videos and such while using the small screen to internet. I have been trying to sell the folks on getting a smaller unit as the 500W power supply isn't doing any favors to the power usage plus the fans on the old unit are noticeable white noise while watching a movie and such, and the full tower case is sitting in the open because of cooling issues when I set it up originally so it's an eyesore and is a pain to have to service whenever I have to go into the case for them. I suggested an Intel compute stick, but the folks won't give up their dual screen setup. this is the first miniature PC that I have seen that will support multiple monitors. The model in the link that I provided is a bare bones kit but I do have a hard drive that would work in the system and would only need to supply a couple of DDR3 SO DIMMS and bing bang boom they've got a low power quiet compy for living room use.

Merry Christmas everyone and to our neutralists out there Merry Christmachaunikwaanzica and happy non-denominational wintertime seasons greetings and good luck to everyone.

Hey, I would like to gift something really special to my mom, she doesn't have a cell phone because the last one broke, I'm too young to buy her a new one so I would be really happy to give her a new Moto G3, thanks for this giveaway and merry christmas Linus.

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto-3rd-Generation-Unlocked/dp/B00ZQVSKSM/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1450082990&sr=1-1&keywords=moto+g+3rd+generation

I would gift my gamer friend a GTX 960 to make him play Rainbow Six Siege. He has a HD 6670 which can't even handle CS:GO in high settings.

Thanks for this giveaway and giving us a chance to make our loved ones happy in christmas. Merry Christmas all!

My gift would be two 750ti SCs for my 2 friends, who I think would like to get into PC gaming, but they can't even run CS:GO at 60fps -___-. Should be fun though, they know nothing about computer hardware so I will have to give them a crash course on how to install a graphics card, and drivers.

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-750Ti-GDDR5-Graphics/dp/B00IDG3IDO x2 ($140 ea.) 

Back when I was a kid around 5-6 my dad was like a tech genius. Judging by how far he's degraded in his tech knowledge I get the feeling he just put in a lot of work to try to help me get into computers. It's sad seeing my dad who taught me how to fix out old desktop pc so I could play toontown unable to figure out how to use any tech. I recently upgraded my cell phone and gave my mom my old one. My dad was pretty excited about it, and considered buying her a new phone so he could get my old phone (galaxy s4), but it ended up being too expensive for him. They've both been using the same lg flip phone for the past 6 years, and the only reason he even had that was because I upgraded from it at the time.

Anyway, it would be great if I could get my dad a smart phone, because even though he'd never admit it I know he hates his "Dumb Phone." I'd like to get him this http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B014V5X2UO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A3FBBJRRMMULGW (299, No tax when shipped to PA). I wanted to get a galaxy active since he does a lot of working outside, but couldn't find one available for verizon.

Thanks for your consideration :)

I'd get my brother a pair of Logitech G933 headphones because he still uses some $15 set he got from radio shack almost a decade ago and he doesn't believe me when I tell him how much a good pair of headphones really improves your gaming experiences.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

First off, thanks for providing a cool x-mas giveaway for family and friends. I think this year I'll be getting my father a nice Bluetooth speaker. Specifically I've been leaning towards the same one I have, a JBL Xtreme, although I want to ask him when I see him in a few days if he would prefer the charge 2+ because of its smaller and more portable size. 

So my reasoning behind this choice if that my father loves music. Almost two years ago I started teaching him how to rip his vast CD collection to his computer and I had setup google music to automatically upload all his rips to Google Music. So my father now has a massive collection of music online. Now he does listen to it sometimes while using his HD TV and chromecast (that I purchased for as his x-mas gift last year), but he doesn't listen to it as often as I imagined he would. For some reason he often still prefers the old CD's on an old, but easy to use, portable old school stereo. Being on the other side of the world from Canada I find helping him more of a challenge now but I believe a bluetooth speaker is well within his grasp to use and help him more enjoy his music collection. He can also take this out to the camp grounds with his motorhome.

Again, cheers for the giveaway.

My brother loves computer games, and I want to get him a graphics card for his otherwise capable gaming machine; I built him his computer since he's not a techie, but we didn't have the budget to get him a decent graphics card and his computer already can't power what he needs it to.

I'd love to get him an r9 290 as that's otherwise out of my budget:

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-VAPOR-X-PCI-Express-Graphics-11227-09-40G/dp/B016EYCY4A

I'm planning on gifting a google cardboard VR headset to my parents who live in another country 9 hour flight away, so that I can show them my life events in 360 photos with sound. They are way under $300 too so I will probably giving them more than one headset.

Amazon.com link:

http://www.amazon.com/Kollea-Cardboard-Virtual-Reality-Glasses/dp/B00W0ZD0FA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1449757215&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=google+cardboard+2.0&psc=1

Bro that's $10.

Core i5 4690k @ 3.8 GHz |  Hyperx Fury 8gb ddr3 1600mhz  |  GIGABYTE Z97-MX Gaming-5  |  Cooler Master Hyper T4  |  XFX R9 390 8gb  |  Corsair CX750M  |  NZXT H440 Black & Blue  |  Samsung 850 EVO 240gb  |  WD BLUE 1TB  |  ASUS VG248QE 144hz & ASUS VX238H

BB-8 App Controlled droid for my Fiancee because she realyl wants one and thinks BB-8 is Cute.,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01427MW3O

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod