Tech Gifts for Non-techies Giveaway!

How's it's going Linus. My name is Oscar I come from a Hispanic background both of my parents born and raised with out technology. They never would have thought to be where they are today with technology. I've been upgrading litte things kinda like you and your parents. Though they may not always get how to use things. 

When my father first gave me a N64 when I was 6. I knew this is what I wanted to do. I love working with computers and cameras. (I'm also looking for an IT type job but no luck just yet.) But due to the age of my parents they can't seem too eager to learn how to use these new devices. 

In result I have a friend who I met a couple of years back in California who has gone through a similar situation. Except he can't get the cool techy things that I have. He recently asked me to find him a PC to buy. 

I saw this was my chance to help him. I want to build him a PC. I personally have already built one but I want him to have one as well. Though it might not be in time for Chirstmas. I'm trying to get the majority of the parts. 

I have a list I've want I need. But I'm unsure if you would be willing to buy separate parts that are worth a little below 300 dollars. 

If you can't buy different items then please do me the favor if you can and buy the CPU. 

EVGA 500 B1 80+ BRONZE, 500W Continuous Power

ASRock Motherboard Micro ATX DDR3 1066 LGA 1150 Motherboards H97M ANNIVERSARY

Intel Core i3-4150 Processor (3M Cache, 3.50 GHz) BX80646I34150

It adds up to be around 256.85 dollars

And last if I do get the support with building this computer it will be post on my YouTube @MrPerezOP 

I'm just trying to help out a friend thank you for reading this Linus. 

I'd like to give this pair of wireless in ear headphones to my dad, because he needs to work out and he likes to listen to some good quality music.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013HSW4N2/ref=br_asw_pdt-3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-5&pf_rd_r=1AJAPX3F02FM0E7JX2SW&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2311169682&pf_rd_i=desktop

Thanks Linus Media Group :)

I'd get my parents the ecobee3. Their eyesight is getting worse and worse and our current thermostat has a really tiny display that's getting faded out. They complain that it's either too hot or too cold and they have to wait for one of the kids to come home before one of us can change it. It'd be nice for them to be able to see the readings and adjust from their phone or on the giant display of the unit.

http://www.amazon.com/Ecobee3-Thermostat-Remote-Sensor-Generation/dp/B00NXRYUDA?SubscriptionId=AKIAJ2RTWSYJUOAO3DIA&tag=bom_tomsguide-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00NXRYUDA&tzd=21&ascsubtag=[site|tguus[cat|[art|[pid|B00NXRYUDA[tid|14497699647753803[bbc|LESPRIX

UE MEGABOOM.

For my little brother, he's starting to listen to music, and I think he would want a portable speaker in the near future.

Well we just got my dad a new computer a few weeks ago since his last one was on it's way out when it fell off the desk. However, he is still rocking the old 19" monitor that came with the cheap computer that fell. I can see the lines scrolling on it at times and he really needs something better for watching movies. So I'll reccomend the monitor that I have, the Dell U2415. Amazon's regular price is above $300, but it's on sale for $240 right now.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-U2415-24-Inch-1920-Monitor/dp/B00NZTKOQI/ref=sr_1_30?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1449770493&sr=1-30&keywords=ips+monitor&refinements=p_n_size_browse-bin%3A3547807011|3547805011|3547806011%2Cp_n_condition-type%3A2224371011

This is a cool idea for a giveaway. Thanks for putting this on. :)

YouTube channel for Let's Plays = EvilCronos13 - Games: Final Fantasy X HD - Grandia II - Xenogears - Star Ocean: Till the End of Time - Final Fantasy X-2 HD - Legend of Dragoon - Xenosaga III

Intel 3770K - Gigabyte z77x-ud3h - 16GB Corsair Vengence LP - GTX 1060 6GB - Corsair Obsidian 650D - OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD - Seagate Barracuda 2TB - Kingwin Lazer lz-1000 - Dell U2410 UltraSharp - Cooler Master 212+ - Razer Black Widow Ultimate - Razer Imperator - Logitech Z2300 - Sennheiser HD 598SE

I'd like to get my mother a NAS. She has a small hard drive in her laptop and uses a bunch of jump drives to store all her pictures and documents (I think she still has a resumè stored on a floppy)

http://goo.gl/z64Wu9

I would buy a new ADSL modem/router combo for my girlfriends family. Where they live they can only get a 6Mbps basic DSL plan but the 2wire Modem they have now has uber slow connectivity when more then 1 device is connected at a time and in some cases(more then i'd like to admit too) wont even allow you to conenct. This purchase would allow my girfriends brother(highschool) to study and do his homework alot easier and allow the family to enjoy general surfing, facebook and much more

they are not tech savy bunch at all and so they are paying for an internet they pretty well can't use.

this is the prodect I would get that falls well below the budget

http://www.amazon.ca/TP-LINK-TD-W8980-Wireless-Gigabit-Compatible/dp/B00C4OANW0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1449771077&sr=8-2&keywords=adsl+modem+router

If chosen I thank you in advance and wish you all a Merry Christmas

I would get this for my aunt and uncle because they are both avid photographers and the are not very tech savy and they have lots of external hard drives lying around the place and whenever i go to help them with thing it makes me cringe when they start to faff around with all of the hard drives and I have already bought them one of the 2TB versions and got rid of 3 or 4 of their other hard drives but they still have so many lying around the place and refuse to do anything about it and then they get angry when you try and help them.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WJOVQOY/ref=twister_B00FG0QXQE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

My tech gifts for the past few years to non-techies have been Chromecasts. It's fundamentally changed how my father uses the TV and interacts with Youtube and Netflix. I've given these to my sister, an aunt, and multiple friends at this point as well. For $30-35 it's a no-brainer.

Im actually giving my sister a new desktop PC, altho thios is quite a techy item it is for a completlly non techy xD (She has been using an i3 laptop that runs lige a complete PIG! 1.4Ghz dualcore with HT and no Turbo Boost!. 8GB RAM (Was my gift for here last year) and a gt 620M) She has 100+ tabs open in firefox and refuses to close it. SHe also does Clight CAD work for her work. I think shses going to really appriciate it (Im going to build her a bit worse pc anyway - i3 4130 / 6GB RAM / Same HDD / Same case, mobo and PSU) If i actually win this, wich i doubt, please do any changes that you think are useful. Note that we have a home NAS where we all store our stuff (it was hard to get my mom and sister to save their shit there) so 250Gb is plentlly. Cheers.

- A windows tablet - specifically the Surface 2

- I have chosen my father to give it to. My father was a very tech savy person. He written code for dos, weld electronics, and built his own computers out of whatever parts he found good for him, and to this day, he is maintaining a windows server (2003 I belive) for his office. And to manage things in my house, one does need a web browser, and a device to do it on, but a computer is too cluncky. We have an android tablet I got for him (a 100$ thingy) which he hates, because he does not understand Android or any new tech - iOS included. He KNOWS windows, and is very invested in the operating system, so a surface would be perfect.

A Surface 2 specifically, because all others cost more that 300$, and he does not need much more than a smooth-running-windows-based-web-browsing-machine.

I am a Jew, so this would be a Hanuka present :)

I hope you'll consider my entry, for this would realy make my father happy :)

I check the forum pretty much once a day, even if I do not reply much..

Also my twitter handler is @amitmoryossef if you will also announce winners there.

Happy Holidays!

I would get my parents the Amazon Echo. My parents are not tech savvy at all (my parent just barely got smart phones and only know how to kinda use facebook and youtube) and require me to help them with all electronics in the house. I just got them a sound bar for their tv and they do not use it cause its too complicated for them. 

My reasoning for the amazon echo is because most of the necessary features are voice activated so there is no issues with what buttons to push. I can give my parents a print out of voice commands and if my parents cant activate a feature, the best part is they can just call me and I can say the voice command to the Echo without the headache of "I dont know where that button is". Speaking of buttons the Echo only has two so there should be no confusion there. This is just an easy use tech gift for the non-techies in the family.

Amazon Echo: http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-SK705DI-Echo/dp/B00X4WHP5E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449735827&sr=8-1&keywords=amazon+echo

Geemarc LoopHEAR LH600 Fully integrated Room Loop System- UK Version

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Geemarc-LoopHEAR-integrated-System--Version/dp/B006LW5ARO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449772041&sr=8-1&keywords=hearing+aid+induction+loop

For my Grandad as he has hearing aids and (though funny at times with some of the stuff he thinks we have said) really struggles to hear what people are saying. He has been looking at getting an induction loop for a long time and I think it would make an excellent Christmas present for him.

Thanks guys :)

I would get a new mouse and keyboard for my dad because when he built his computer he was on a budget so he bought the little travle keyboard with the micro mouse and he has big hands so its hard for him to work proficiently without clicking on the wrong thing. So i wanted to get a gaiming mouse and keyboard because he really has been a awesome dad. But gaming stuff is really expensive. Thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Gaming-Aircraft-Grade-Aluminum-CH-9000109-NA/dp/B014W1YRY2/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1449772473&sr=1-3&keywords=gaming+mouse&refinements=p_89%3ACorsair

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0149QBRCA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_2&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I am want to get a router for my sister

She is still using a 20 dollar Trendnet wireless router. She is fed up of using just a fraction of bandwidth she is paying for and i am fed up of fixing that thing every other week.

here is the link to an awesome router:

http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Nighthawk-Tri-Band-Gigabit-R8000/dp/B00KWHMR6G/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1449772278&sr=8-8&keywords=netgear+routers

Thanks

Akshay