Why I can't play AC:syndicate. an fx-9590 story.

so, as some of you know, the fx-9590 is known for being smoking hot. 

hell, i have to down clock it to 4.6GHz to even get it stable. 

well, i've always had it on water, and i'm running a 140mm push dual fan config right now, and i normally don't have any issues with my temps. 30-50C is normal for me. 

however, as soon i boot up AC:Syndicate i see my core jump up as high as 75C, which i know isn't accurate, the "needle" bounces quite often.

all of my temperature gauges jump around, even at idle my CPU temp will read 36,34,30,28,26 then cycle back to 36. 

during my super hot cycle it hit 75,73,71,69,68 and back to 75. 

soooooo.... 

I've planned a lot to set up liquid cooling. i have 5 rads, 2 res, and 2 pumps planned. (2 res/pump combos.)

my question is this, is it even worth it? should i just give up on water cooling my CPU (I had GPU's planned too, but they are fine) and invest in the x99 platform?

I don't have this issue with other games i've played recently (The Crew, Fallout 4, Witcher 3, etc. ) so i'm reluctant to buy new hardware just to stay cool on one game. 

Thoughts?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

wait for XPoint and Pascal which should come soon dont waste your money imo

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

How is it possible? My 8350 @4,5ghz doesn't exceed 50-52 degrees during Aida64 stresstesting with an aircooler looking like that:

SilentiumPC-Grandis-XE-1236-Monta%C5%BC_

Maybe your voltage is set way too high? 8350 and 9590 are the same chips but your should overclock better, that's pretty much only difference... And how does your FX get over 70 degrees if 70 is maximum safe temperature? It's definitely not worth it to watercool that CPU. i7-5820k would be much better but it's pretty expensive, you wouldn't feel that big of a difference compared to how much you'd have to pay for it

AC Syndicate runs smoothly on my PC and I have the FX paired up with a R9 290X

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

How is it possible? My 8350 @4,5ghz doesn't exceed 50-52 degrees during Aida64 stresstesting with an aircooler looking like that:

Maybe your voltage is set way too high? 8350 and 9590 are the same chips but your should overclock better, that's pretty much only difference... And how does your FX get over 70 degrees if 70 is maximum safe temperature? It's definitely not worth it to watercool that CPU. i7-5820k would be much better but it's pretty expensive, you wouldn't feel that big of a difference compared to how much you'd have to pay for it

AC Syndicate runs smoothly on my PC and I have the FX paired up with a R9 290X

AC: syndicate runs fine, everything is butter smooth with my 2x980's until it crashes. not a BSOD, just a freeze. 

my voltage is stock, with a 100MHz underclock. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

AC: syndicate runs fine, everything is butter smooth with my 2x980's until it crashes. not a BSOD, just a freeze. 

my voltage is stock, with a 100MHz underclock. 

Underclock it further to say, 4.0ghz (remember to lower the voltage), check the temps then during gameplay and check if it freezes again

What's the point of underclocking if you do not lower the voltage? What's the 'stock' voltage on the 9590? It might just be too high.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Underclock it further to say, 4.0ghz (remember to lower the voltage), check the temps then during gameplay and check if it freezes again

What's the point of underclocking if you do not lower the voltage? What's the 'stock' voltage on the 9590? It might just be too high.

i don't think i need to undervolt if i'm only tweaking back .1ghz. 

I once down clocked to 4.2 and i can tell in benchmarks that my performance suffers. it's all a balancing game. 4.6 @ 1.38-1.4Volts seems to do well for me. 

stock is 4.7ghz @ 1.4V

Sad story.

I cry everytime.

Ok, seriously though, that cooling is not worth it. It will still get hot.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Sad story.

I cry everytime.

Ok, seriously though, that cooling is not worth it. It will still get hot.

Icryevrytim2. 

idkman, I think it would help, plus i can just get a new block when i swap MBs. 

a custom loop would last me a while, it's nearly "future proof".  though i hate the term.

I would just join the intel master race. Theres no reason to keep spending money on a dead platform.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

I would just join the intel master race. Theres no reason to keep spending money on a dead platform.

Would you call LGA1150 a 'dead platform'? Cause technically it is dead platform, that doesn't mean there's no reason to buy it now. A dumb argument if you asked me.

Would you call LGA1150 a 'dead platform'? Cause technically it is dead platform, that doesn't mean there's no reason to buy it now. A dumb argument if you asked me.

Theres good reasons to buy for LGA 1150. There is absolutely 0 point to buying an AMD FX chip they are utterly useless especially for gaming. 

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

Theres good reasons to buy for LGA 1150. There is absolutely 0 point to buying an AMD FX chip they are utterly useless especially for gaming. 

It is a dead platform though. Isn't it? A dead platform means that there won't be any more new models of CPUs manufactured for it, and there won't be.