Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg to give away 99% of shares

PCBjon

Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla Chan say they will give away 99% of their shares in the company to good causes as they announce the birth of their daughter Max.

Mr Zuckerberg said the donation currently amounts to $45bn (£30bn)

Seems like a nice thing to do but I highly doubt he be out of pocket anytime soon.

Source

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34978249

I was about to say what a good guy. 

Then i realized he has scarred his daughter for life by giving her the name Max.

GG Z-Man.

Now stop trying to peddle your ads to africa and india.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Interesting.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

buying me a few more 980ti's is a good cause . whadaya say ol' mate, Mark? 

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

lol ....max?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I approve of the name and I approve of the 45 billion.  I also now have the urge to make a charity.

he is donating 45 billion to the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative so he is donating the money to himself lmao and im sure max is short for Maxine.

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

lol ....max?

You be surprised that many females are given male names.

Or given a unisex name. 

Alex

Geo

Max

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

They shouldnt give it away. They should create an organisation for helping people and use their shares as resources. 

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

They shouldnt give it away. They should create an organisation for helping people and use their shares as resources. 

That's pretty much what they are doing. It's not like they are giving the shares away to random people on the street.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

I was about to say what a good guy. 

Then i realized he has scarred his daughter for life by giving her the name Max.

GG Z-Man.

Now stop trying to peddle your ads to africa and india.

As in Maxine.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

You be surprised that many females are given male names.

Or given a unisex name. 

Alex

Geo

Max

ye

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Supposedly after this happens him and his family will have only ~$425 million at their disposal.

As in Maxine.

still a garbage name.

And that still means her nickname is Max bruh...

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

he should have poured it all into oculus tbh. that's a charity... right?

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

One thing should be pointed out, it will be $45 billion during his lifetime, it will be 3 annual donations which should be no more than $1 billion per year. That's according to The Verge.

Iirc if he donates to charity he should be freed from taxes or something like that? How does that go? 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Oh well... life is strange.

Get it uh?

Her name's Max?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I mean you guys remember the Buffet/Gates pledge? This is simply an extension of that.

They really got the ball moving.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

One thing should be pointed out, it will be $45 billion during his lifetime, it will be 3 annual donations which should be no more than $1 billion per year. That's according to The Verge.

Iirc if he donates to charity he should be freed from taxes or something like that? How does that go? 

Generally speaking, charitable donations act as tax credits. The specific legalities of it will depend on the local tax laws if his country/state. In many places, there is a maximum cap of how much of a tax credit you get. In other places, you can effectively get a 100% tax credit (eg: Pay no taxes) by donating at least that much to a charity.

So he'll still be paying the same amount of money. Just that he's paying it towards a charity instead of in taxes.

Personally, I hope he still pays some taxes. Donating a ton of money to charity is great, but taxes are crucial to modern society, and he'll still have over $400m USD worth of money leftover, which should be taxed appropriately. Give him a tax break, but not zero taxes.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Generally speaking, charitable donations act as tax credits. The specific legalities of it will depend on the local tax laws if his country/state. In many places, there is a maximum cap of how much of a tax credit you get. In other places, you can effectively get a 100% tax credit (eg: Pay no taxes) by donating at least that much to a charity.

So he'll still be paying the same amount of money. Just that he's paying it towards a charity instead of in taxes.

Personally, I hope he still pays some taxes. Donating a ton of money to charity is great, but taxes are crucial to modern society, and he'll still have over $400m USD worth of money leftover, which should be taxed appropriately. Give him a tax break, but not zero taxes.

If other sources are to be believed, he'll have a lot more, he'll be donating $1 billion max each year, he'll earn it in no time.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

That's stupid i'd at least keep $5 billion.

Why? What possible personal necessities and even luxuries you think won't be cover by having 400 million dollars at your disposal? Even by just collecting 1% interest on it per year he'd be making 4 million a year, he's still basically a millionaire no matter what.

Plus this doesn't means he loses assets like mansions and such so basically you'd have 4 million a year to maintain stuff and 400 million in case you just gotta have a new Ferrari...for each member of his family....yearly....until all of them die. He's still wealthier than what most millionaires aspire to be.

-------

Current Rig

-------