$1150-$1250 Building Gaming PC Budget Help!

uhmm i think thats too over the budget :/

well you have to decide which parts are right for you and what ones can be down graded from there... like the other couple of other builds posted earlier have the previous generation of CPU/chipset... there still really good though so if you dont need the 6th CPU & 170 chipset swap it out...

or if you dont think you need the GTX 980ti throw a 970 in there instead like this...

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($184.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.4 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.99 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: ASRock H170 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($84.15 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card  ($319.98 @ NCIX US) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($56.10 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12G 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($62.25 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 OEM (64-bit)  ($149.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1074.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-30 06:57 EST-0500

its all about finding what works best for you... not necessarily buying the exact build someone post... they are just good starting points...

No Excuses, Play Like A Champion!!!  

well you have to decide which parts are right for you and what ones can be down graded from there... like the other couple of other builds posted earlier have the previous generation of CPU/chipset... there still really good though so if you dont need the 6th CPU & 170 chipset swap it out...

or if you dont think you need the GTX 980ti throw a 970 in there instead like this...

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($184.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.4 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.99 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: ASRock H170 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($84.15 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card  ($319.98 @ NCIX US) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($56.10 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12G 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($62.25 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 OEM (64-bit)  ($149.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1074.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-30 06:57 EST-0500

its all about finding what works best for you... not necessarily buying the exact build someone post... they are just good starting points...

and then... now that you're down to $1000ish mark you can upgrade to a much better PSU if you wanted like a EVGA G2 series... or a more powerful CPU...or just save alil more moneys and go with it as is... or something like optimizing your fan config by removing the stock fan and adding 3 good quality fans with 1 exhaust and 2 intakes for a quiet positive pressure sys... so many things you can do...

and then... now that you're down to $1000ish mark you can upgrade to a much better PSU if you wanted like a EVGA G2 series... or a more powerful CPU...or just save alil more moneys and go with it as is... or something like optimizing your fan config by removing the stock fan and adding 3 good quality fans with 1 exhaust and 2 intakes for a quiet positive pressure sys... so many things you can do...

can any components fit into any case??

yup pretty much for the most part - thats what is great about PCs, is there so customizable... there are a few excretions though... like you cant put a eATX mobo in a mITX case... or you cant mount a 140mm fan in a 120mm mount... (well im sure you can but...)

so basically ATX is the "standard" size... so if you have any ATX case, you can put any ATX PSU / mobo in it

and same with mobo / CPU - you just have to match the parts so z170 & h170 are 1151 sockets for the CPU so any 1151 CPU will fit in them...

and z97 & h97 are 1150 sockets so any 1150 CPU will fit into thoughs

(buts Z mobos are more for 'overclockable' cpus 'k' and the H is for the none k models... although they will all work together... its just there is no reason to have one without the other...)

and same with mobo / CPU - you just have to match the parts so z170 & h170 are 1151 sockets for the CPU so any 1151 CPU will fit in them...

and z97 & h97 are 1150 sockets so any 1150 CPU will fit into thoughs

wow! can you please teach me more about these components. I've used macbook pro and planning to upgrade to a powerful gaming PC :D

wow! can you please teach me more about these components. I've used macbook pro and planning to upgrade to a powerful gaming PC :D

umm honestly... just go threw and watch like all of Linus' videos on youtube... lol thats how i got into PCs, and thats the only reason i was able to build my 1st PC... and then you just pick up stuff along the way...

because i dont even know where i would need to start... like what do you want to know?

umm honestly... just go threw and watch like all of Linus' videos on youtube... lol thats how i got into PCs, and thats the only reason i was able to build my 1st PC... and then you just pick up stuff along the way...

because i dont even know where i would need to start... like what do you want to know?

things like why people have 2 GPUs, what is the difference between AMD raedeon and Nvidia stuffs like that... i just need to know what you knew before building a PC... I somehow got really interested into these types things few weeks ago ahaha

https://pcpartpicker.com/ is a good site to look at (its like that standard LTT Forum PC... builder... thing...) so you can pick a bunch of parts and it will tell you if they are compatable with each other... ie it wont let you put a AMD cpu into an Intel Chipset mobo...

just click on one of the linked builds we have already posted here and you can tweak them too... and then just repost it to get some feed back on the parts reliability, price / performance and what not... 

things like why people have 2 GPUs, what is the difference between AMD raedeon and Nvidia stuffs like that... i just need to know what you knew before building a PC... I somehow got really interested into these types things few weeks ago ahaha

ok one sec im going to link you some of Linus' videos about that kinda stuff

https://pcpartpicker.com/ is a good site to look at (its like that standard LTT Forum PC... builder... thing...) so you can pick a bunch of parts and it will tell you if they are compatable with each other... ie it wont let you put a AMD cpu into an Intel Chipset mobo...

just click on one of the linked builds we have already posted here and you can tweak them too... and then just repost it to get some feed back on the parts reliability, price / performance and what not... 

I been to that site before, I'm just not too confident wether my customized pc is good enough... just lack of confidence, lack of knowledge xD

2 GPUs just basically doubles the performance of only having one...

and Nvidia vs Radeon... omg... basically their just competing companies... and to be honest if someone recommends one over the other its probably just because their a Nvidia fanboy or Radeon fanboy... its hard to find an objective opinion on that topic...

I been to that site before, I'm just not too confident wether my customized pc is good enough... just lack of confidence, lack of knowledge xD

yeah, its easy to just build a PC that will work... but yes to optimize it and get the best performing parts and not getting shitty parts that just honestly takes time on the forums... seeing what parts are commonly recommended (like the EVGA G2 PSU) and parts that are commonly said to avoid (Corsair CX PSU)

this video is about the new 6th CPUs but it also has the difference between the old CPUs and the current CPUs

yeah, its easy to just build a PC that will work... but yes to optimize it and get the best performing parts and not getting shitty parts that just honestly takes time on the forums... seeing what parts are commonly recommended (like the EVGA G2 PSU) and parts that are commonly said to avoid (Corsair CX PSU)

how about the numbers next to the K like for eg. INTEL CPU 1151 CORE I7 6700K 4GHZ  what does 6700 represent??

how about the numbers next to the K like for eg. INTEL CPU 1151 CORE I7 6700K 4GHZ  what does 6700 represent??

basicly i3 is 2 core -most with hyper threading 

i5 are 4 cores - w/o hyper threading

-17 are 4+ cores w/ hyper threading

and then the next number is the generation so i7-6xxx is a 4 core + hyper threading 6th gen cpu

and then the letter at the end is normally either a 'power efficient' models or K / X which are the exact opposite lol...    

Thank you very much for helping me out!!!!

no problem lol... i told you i learned most of what i know by watching his videos lol... and i;ve learned alot more since being on these forums too

^^^ all these videos answer questions you've asked earlier in this post^^^

lol what language is that? i can try lol... 

its in thai, you can change the language on top of the site