Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

$1150-$1250 Building Gaming PC Budget Help!

Hey guys, I'm planning to build a gaming pc in few months time. At the moment I'm trying to do some of my research about computer components. I have a budget of 1150-1250 USD. I'm gonna be using it for mostly gaming and multi-tasking. I want the pc to run most of the games at max settings. Also I want a monitor, mechanical keyboard (under  $70) and an Windows 7 OS.

are looks / color scheme important? or just raw power?

No Excuses, Play Like A Champion!!!  

Hey guys, I'm planning to build a gaming pc in few months time. At the moment I'm trying to do some of my research about computer components. I have a budget of 1150-1250 USD. I'm gonna be using it for mostly gaming and multi-tasking. I want the pc to run most of the games at max settings. Also I want a monitor, mechanical keyboard (under  $70) and an Windows 7 OS.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  ($294.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($56.10 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1036.09
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-30 06:00 EST-0500

Radeon R9 390 is best value GPU

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 - ASRock A320M-HDV - MSI RX 560 4GB - CM Masterbox Lite 3.1 - Ballistix Sport LT 1x8GD4 - EVGA 430W PSU - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 8.1

Laptop: Intel Core2Duo P8700 - 4GB DDR2 - Intel GM45 Express graphics :( - Ubuntu 17.10 Gnome (Xorg)

Phone: LG Nexus 5 - LineageOS 14.1 - No gapps(Google Apps)

are looks / color scheme important? or just raw power?

not too important but the color black is preferable :3

do you want an overclockable CPU/mobo? do you need extra storage? (or will a 500gb ssd do if by itself?) 

do you want an overclockable CPU/mobo? do you need extra storage? (or will a 500gb ssd do if by itself?) 

What does overclockable mean?? And yes i do need extra storage(1TB). Sorry I'm a newbie xD

ok, np. overclockable just means an 'unlocked' cpu that you can adjust the voltage and clock speed to squeeze alil more power out of it... its alil more expensive but it my mot be worth it for everyone...

What does overclockable mean?? And yes i do need extra storage(1TB). Sorry I'm a newbie xD

By overclocking your CPU you get more speed and better performance. My build has an SSD and 2TB HDD but I don't know what your budget is.

not too important but the color black is preferable :3

then you must consider @RaptorCandy 's build. That is very freaking solid. Your extra cash can get you a better cpu cooler maybe consider noctua d15 or be quiet dark rock pro 3. 

970 is equivalent to 390 too you can buy that if you need nvidia software for gamestream and stuff. If raw power then get the 390. 

Get a decent monitor is good too consider Dell u2515h it is ips so colour is beautiful.

EDIT: btw, noctua d15 cpu cooler does not fit in s340 if you going with that case. You can consider enthoo pro m or enthoo pro. Both solid and well built case and side panel significantly higher quality compare to s340.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RVBWFT

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RVBWFT/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($209.99 @ Newegg) 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($19.99 @ Newegg) 

Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($68.20 @ SuperBiiz) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($35.70 @ SuperBiiz) 

Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($85.00 @ Amazon) 

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  ($294.98 @ SuperBiiz) 

Case: Fractal Design Define S ATX Mid Tower Case  ($61.20 @ SuperBiiz) 

Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($96.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Total: $917.04

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-30 06:17 EST-0500

This should serve you pretty well, comes to $1017 without mail in rebates and promos! 

I included a 750w because I thought it could give you a bit of room to grow, should you need to.

By overclocking your CPU you get more speed and better performance. My build has an SSD and 2TB HDD but I don't know what your budget is.

my budget is around $1250

my budget is around $1250

Then the build is within your budget :)

sorry its taking a bit longer then i thought... gime a few more min...

Then the build is within your budget :)

Should i just get 980 for my gpu? Is there a huge difference?

sorry its taking a bit longer then i thought... gime a few more min...

It's fine, take your time! Theres no hurry!

Should i just get 980 for my gpu? Is there a huge difference?

Not really. It depends on the game. In some games the R9 390 is better than the GTX 980, and in other games the GTX 980 is better. I prefer the R9 390 because it's very cheap.

Not really. It depends on the game. In some games the R9 390 is better than the GTX 980, and in other games the GTX 980 is better. I prefer the R9 390 because it's very cheap.

oh, I see. I live in Thailand and they don't sell the pc case you've mentioned.

oh, I see. I live in Thailand and they don't sell the pc case you've mentioned.

Do they sell BitFenix Comrade or Fractal Design R4/5? if they do then go for one of those.

What is your total price in TBH?

total price in TBH as in my budget??

well, its a lil over budget... but if you already have a copy of windows on an old hard drive that should knock it down right into your budget...

and dont be afraid to swap some stuff around... the reason i pick these parts though are 
-CPU/Mobo are the new/current gen 1151/170 platform
-and i wanted to try and squeeze a gtx 980 ti in there if i could
- ssd is good quality although i would suggest a 480 gb version of it... although you my not need it... up to you
-HHD its not much more expensive to the the 2 or 3 TB version of these, however... up to you and your needs...
- PSU is a bit hard... there are so many good and bad choices... 
-you also can skip the CPU cooler completely... the CPU comes with one, the only reason i threw it in there is the case has a side window and the stock cooler looks like trash lol...

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($184.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.4 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.99 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: ASRock H170 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($84.15 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked ACX 2.0+ Video Card  ($624.99 @ Micro Center) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($56.10 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12G 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($62.25 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 OEM (64-bit)  ($149.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1379.43
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-30 06:52 EST-0500