Just bought logitech G502 what a joke

Tzvi

my current mouse is a logitech G9x what a piece of hardware but sadly the right button used to zoom in games it acting wild going in and out of zoom registering randomly.

after reading and looking around i was under the impression G502 might be the right way to go i just opened it up now and connected it.

from the first minute out of the box you could see its so cheap all with cheap plastic the bottom cover where you should place the included weights system feels so cheap the individual weights didnt even fit properly and the cover itself didnt close properly all feeling so cheap and bad. while G9x weights system is so perfect it pops out and in like a weapons magazine and not a plastic toy. 

the bottom of the mouse has a texture to it god why is this necessary the G9x is flat and smooth i use it on my wooden desk without a mat and it floats like a maglev while the G502 has the stupid plastic texture on the bottom that ruins the smooth motion and the small rubber pads on the bottom also are completely useless when that textured plastic exists along side what the hell......

the scroll wheel feels cheap every single thing about this mouse feels cheap compered to G9x. the G9x outer case feels so good just perfect like its more then cheap plastic even the actual body of the mouse feels more then plastic while G502 actual body feels flimsy so flimsy

the G9x scroll wheel feel like quality just the right size and the motion and the individual clicks up and down are perfect while the G502 is too big like a bulge going up and getting in your way between your fingers wow this mouse is so nasty..even the actual clicking of the right and left button feel bad compered to G9x which feels more serious 

the design of G502 looks childish with the stupid broken shapes lights and buttons why did i buy this. but the worst thing is the overall cheap plastic that makes up 100% of every part in the mouse 

now to the actual grip G9x is perfect i lay my hand on it straight and rested with no effort and can claw grip with perfection 

the G502 i can not lay my hand straight on it it is forcing my hand to fall and lean a bit to the right because the actual body of the mouse is too high and curvy like an obstacle from the right hand placement

i feel the pain just trying to find the right hand position and fighting it damn i am going to suffer with this thing.......why did they stop making the G9x damn it!

it is going to suck so much having this cheap plastic in my hand while my G9x is sitting in front of me on the desk taunting me.

Cool, so basically you just wrote us a short story as to why a G502 isnt a G9x, sweet, we totally care...

Just because you dont like it, doesnt mean its a bad product.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Lol..   I've owned other mice and the G502 is great. My only complaint is the cable is sometimes annoying, and its a tad heavy. 

The texture on the bottom of the mouse isn't the same level as the sensor and pads, so that shouldn't effect anything unless the surface you're trying to use it on is super bumpy.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

deathadder master race :c

A4Tech Bloody Gaming V7 master race [emoji1]

what is you problem that you feel as if you need to protect the thing.

my story is my review and i think it is a bad product at least not what i was thinking after looking it up on linus review and amazon reviews 

how in hell is this a worthy successor to G9x could you not mention in the review this is a cheap ass plastic mouse and all the things i mentioned 

Lol..   I've owned other mice and the G502 is great. My only complaint is the cable is sometimes annoying, and its a tad heavy. 

The texture on the bottom of the mouse isn't the same level as the sensor and pads, so that shouldn't effect anything unless the surface you're trying to use it on is super bumpy.

i am using it on a smooth wooden surface i have both G9x and G502 on it right now and it is a fact the G502 is not moving smooth on this smooth surface just because of the plastic texture on the bottom so that is a fact and bad design  

i am using it on a smooth wooden surface i have both G9x and G502 on it right now and it is a fact the G502 is not moving smooth on this smooth surface just because of the plastic texture on the bottom so that is a fact and bad design  

Mine works perfectly fine on my desk.. Glides just the same on my desk as it does on my mousepad

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Mine works perfectly fine on my desk.. Glides just the same on my desk as it does on my mousepad

did you compare to G9x? compared to nothing i would also might say it moves smooth i have both and G502 bottom texture is ruining the movement 

Edit" well i decided i will connect both my mice at the same time apparently you can switch from one to the other and even use both at the same time.

so i will use G9X on desktop and avoid the G502 and use it only while gaming if G9X is giving me trouble with the broken right button 

Edit" some side by side views of the two mice

So G502 is not for you, return it and move on.

You cant complain about the desing, u did see it before u bought it RIGHT ?!

I just feel so much hate from you especially when u call a good mouse "childish". 

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

what is you problem that you feel as if you need to protect the thing.

my story is my review and i think it is a bad product at least not what i was thinking after looking it up on linus review and amazon reviews 

how in hell is this a worthy successor to G9x could you not mention in the review this is a cheap ass plastic mouse and all the things i mentioned 

lol The g502 is not the successor to the g9x.It is however the successor to th g5/g500. Personally I hate the g9x . And would take the g502 over it any day. haha

my current mouse is a logitech G9x what a piece of hardware but sadly the right button used to zoom in games it acting wild going in and out of zoom registering randomly.

after reading and looking around i was under the impression G502 might be the right way to go i just opened it up now and connected it.

from the first minute out of the box you could see its so cheap all with cheap plastic the bottom cover where you should place the included weights system feels so cheap the individual weights didnt even fit properly and the cover itself didnt close properly all feeling so cheap and bad. while G9x weights system is so perfect it pops out and in like a weapons magazine and not a plastic toy. 

the bottom of the mouse has a texture to it god why is this necessary the G9x is flat and smooth i use it on my wooden desk without a mat and it floats like a maglev while the G502 has the stupid plastic texture on the bottom that ruins the smooth motion and the small rubber pads on the bottom also are completely useless when that textured plastic exists along side what the hell......

the scroll wheel feels cheap every single thing about this mouse feels cheap compered to G9x. the G9x outer case feels so good just perfect like its more then cheap plastic even the actual body of the mouse feels more then plastic while G502 actual body feels flimsy so flimsy

the G9x scroll wheel feel like quality just the right size and the motion and the individual clicks up and down are perfect while the G502 is too big like a bulge going up and getting in your way between your fingers wow this mouse is so nasty..even the actual clicking of the right and left button feel bad compered to G9x which feels more serious 

the design of G502 looks childish with the stupid broken shapes lights and buttons why did i buy this. but the worst thing is the overall cheap plastic that makes up 100% of every part in the mouse 

now to the actual grip G9x is perfect i lay my hand on it straight and rested with no effort and can claw grip with perfection 

the G502 i can not lay my hand straight on it it is forcing my hand to fall and lean a bit to the right because the actual body of the mouse is too high and curvy like an obstacle from the right hand placement

i feel the pain just trying to find the right hand position and fighting it damn i am going to suffer with this thing.......why did they stop making the G9x damn it!

it is going to suck so much having this cheap plastic in my hand while my G9x is sitting in front of me on the desk taunting me.

You are trying way to hard to compare it to your previous mouse. If you miss the G9x and think it's the best why not buy another? instead of getting a new mouse, complaining it is nothing like the G9x (which it shouldn't be anything like in the first place) and then write an essay on why it's not the same mouse. Nice

i think i will try and open the Omron d2fc-f-7n microswitch inside  the G9X 

i already opened my G9x several times one time i needed to order a new usb cable and replace it and that fixed a problem i had which is also a common problem with the G9X if you look it up 

and now i have to multipule registring microswitch problem on the right button which seems to be also common on the G9X 

i already tried openning the little microswitch but gave up i could not find a way to open it and was scared to break the whole thing 

i am pretty sure that the solution and the fix is inside that faulty right button microswitch 

http://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/29955/how-do-i-fix-an-omron-d2fc-f-7n-microswitch-from-unwanted-clicks

This is why you go to a best buy or something similar and get a hands on experience before you buy. I found out the g502 shape and weight wasn't right for me there. You could have easily avoided this issue if you had done that.

CPU: i7 7700k @ 4.9GHz Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 RAM: 16 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 Case:Phanteks Evolv TG

• 2 years later...

I too never understood the G502 hype.  I used a G5, then a G500 for years (still use one at work).  The G500 was replaced with a G700 and was the closest thing to perfect until it died.  It was always used wired with the battery removed to reduce weight.  Naturally the G502 seemed like it would be the best replacement.  I too think it looked/felt cheap and settled on a G602 which I'm not super happy with (thumb buttons aren't very ergonomic and no more frictionless scroll wheel).

Becoming dependent on 4 thumb buttons for FPS games (bound to 1-4 for weapon switching) has made mouse shopping a pain in the ass. Patiently waiting for the G502 replacement.

G502 is IMO a gaming mouse, I have used one since it launched and find it fantastic. (as do most of my Squad gaming pals).

They seem to last well for the price as well, considering the use we give them.

If i could improve it, I would prefer it a little lighter (without the weights) and slightly bigger for my hands.

Re the G9x I have never used one but it looks like theres a MASSIVE price difference? If that's so then of course there will be a build quality difference.

CPU Intel i7 8700K @5Ghz Motherboard ROG Maximus Hero 10 RAM Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz 

GPU MSI Gaming X 1080ti Case Thermaltake Core P3  Storage SSD Boot plus Samsung 960 Evo M.2 nvme storage 

PSU Corsair RM750W Gold Display Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ 144Hz 1440p Cooling Corsair H100i V2 

Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK FX Mouse Roccat Kone Aimo Audio MK3 Fostex T50RP + Schiit Magni 3 AMP and Modi 2 DAC 
Operating System Win 10

VR HTC Vive, Audio Strap Motion Platform DOF Reality 2 DOF

The reason why this mouse is highly regarded is because objectively, it's the best performing with the best optical sensor on the market. Most mice from crap brands like Razer are toys compared to it.

It FEELS great to me, having come from a Logitech G500 of many years, but this is entirely subjective. I like the tactile click of the scroll wheel, and since this is a GAMING mouse, I don't expect silence. My mechanical keyboard is much louder!

Anyone who claims that the G502 "feels" cheap compared to other Logitech mice should consider that the materials across all Logitech products, especially at the higher end, are the same. It's just in your head if it feels like cheaper construction.

Having said that, I will admit that mice preference, after reaching a certain level of performance, comes down mostly to how it feels in your hand, and even if the objectively best product doesn't "feel" good to you, then it's best to move on. You shouldn't expect your subjective criticisms to apply to everyone though, and frankly, you should have tried it in person before buying.

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5