Post your milestones, ranking, etc...

Message added by SansVarnic

Please go to the following link if you are requesting for a F@H or BOINC Badge

FAH and BOINC Badge Request

I feel like I am the only one posting ... *shrugs*

[100th place]

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

My rigs currently busy with the Pent.  Plus, main rig down at the moment, pulling the 980Tis out.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

I just hit 10 million points!! WOO

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

Broke the 50million mark this night! :)

cert.FloRolf.50222638.jpg

GTX1080 is going strong! 

I'll use the next month because i have free power (basically) but afterwards i have to pay my own which will be VERY expensive :/

I'd have to pay around 1.5€ every day. a 24/7 operation will cost me quite a bit and make my GF not so happy. i'm thinking about a GT1030 or something though with just 30w coming in at 1/10 the costs but also 1/10th the PPD 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

• 2 weeks later...

Had to take some time off ... But I am back holding onto my 99th place 46.5mill :D and climbing quickly. ;) 

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

50 Million !! :D 

*edit never mind that is 100 million for gold what the crap was I thinking? ....

Edited by SansVarnic

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

• 1 month later...

70 Million :) 

Capture.JPG.d0637ff2836d179a44a1489316a7c18c.JPG

*edit

Apparently I am alone in in this thread .... :( 

Edited by SansVarnic

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

• 4 months later...

Yay! 100,000,000

Gold badge time. :D 

image.png.8474c7bf1064c153da9a3fe7bd6abbc2.png

@Whaler_99

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

• 7 months later...

Yes I did just necro.

35,000,000 in BOINC!

and still the only one left posting in this thread.... so lonely. :( 

LTT Team Position;

29th place in F@H

62nd place in BOINC

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 hours ago, leadeater said:

And the topic MVP award goes to..... the only one left posting B|

At least no one can say I'm not dedicated... :ph34r:xD

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

15 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

At least no one can say I'm not dedicated... :ph34r:xD

I didn't know this existed!!!

I've just hit number 39 in F@H!!!

with 152 million points! 

Top 100 was my original goal.. then it was top 50,... Now... top 25??? 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

• 5 weeks later...

Guys, It has happened, I have got into the top 30!!! Not onto my goal of getting into the top 25. Its getting harder and harder to push up ranks though.

But my next short term goal is to hit 200 mil points. 

image.png.5d88c117fbcf52ae4e163db8071b27e5.png

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

On 8/12/2018 at 1:05 PM, Ben Quigley said:

Guys, It has happened, I have got into the top 30!!! Not onto my goal of getting into the top 25. Its getting harder and harder to push up ranks though.

But my next short term goal is to hit 200 mil points. 

image.png.5d88c117fbcf52ae4e163db8071b27e5.png

Where do you go to get stats like that?

18 hours ago, imreloadin said:

Where do you go to get stats like that?

From this site:  https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com

@Ben Quigley, once Summer down here is over and Fall and Winter rolls in and I get my 1950X build done.  Watch out, I going to steam roll big time (OCN kind of die off, so I have full plans to bring my full GPU army to bear over here).  O well, had almost 380mil points on that team, may not take me as long this time over here to ramp up to that.

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

14 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

From this site:  https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com

@Ben Quigley, once Summer down here is over and Fall and Winter rolls in and I get my 1950X build done.  Watch out, I going to steam roll big time (OCN kind of die off, so I have full plans to bring my full GPU army to bear over here).  O well, had almost 380mil points on that team, may not take me as long this time over here to ramp up to that.

All the points are welcome, were a team first. PS you read my post on the folding board thread?

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

5 hours ago, Ben Quigley said:

All the points are welcome, were a team first. PS you read my post on the folding board thread?

Which one?  My past few weeks been a bit nutty with supporting night missions the past week or so.

Well I did it, I hot the 200 points I wanted, now on to rank 25 or better. With the death of my Vega 64 its going to take a while. 

image.png.6ec92dacbb866cae5f880fdf24508512.png

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

• 2 weeks later...

Approaching 150 Million. Folding as gordonbb

@Ben QuigleyI noticed that you dropped in production. Sorry to hear about your Vega’s demise. I just lost a 1060 out of my fold but that was the eldest kid stealing the kids gaming computer when they left to start University last week.

I stopped running the remaining 1070ti and two 1060s EVGA GPUs at maximum power and settled down to 90W and 120W Power limits on the 1060s and 1070s respectively. The systems run much cooler and quieter and should last longer.

I just posted my results from profiling my original system. I’ve since built another system for dual GPUs

• Fractal Design Define S
  • Corsair TX650M Power Supply
  • Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 X370
  • Intel Pentium Gold G5400 3.7GHz CPU
  • 2 x 4GB Gskill Vengance V DDR4 2400
  • 3 Noctua iPPC 3000 PWM 140mm
  • 1 Noctua AF14
  • 2 Fractal Silent R2 140mm
  • EVGA 1060 6GB SC ACX3
  • EVGA 1070ti SC Black ACX3

The kid at the store almost cried when I paired the Gaming 5 with the G5400. He tried desperately to sell me a i7 but I had to explain to him that 4 threads running at  3.7GHz we’re adequate for my needs.

i went with the Gaming 5 as tweak town gave it a good rating and I wanted the two included thermistors. One I use for the ambient temperature and the other I have stuck in the rear exhaust of the 1070ti.

Edited by Gorgon
Adding links

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

19 hours ago, Gorgon said:

Approaching 150 Million. Folding as gordonbb

@Ben QuigleyI noticed that you dropped in production. Sorry to hear about your Vega’s demise. I just lost a 1060 out of my fold but that was the eldest kid stealing the kids gaming computer when they left to start University last week.

I stopped running the remaining 1070ti and two 1060s EVGA GPUs at maximum power and settled down to 90W and 120W Power limits on the 1060s and 1070s respectively. The systems run much cooler and quieter and should last longer.

I just posted my results from profiling my original system. I’ve since built another system for dual GPUs

• Fractal Design Define S
  • Corsair TX650M Power Supply
  • Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 X370
  • Intel Pentium Gold G5400 3.7GHz CPU
  • 2 x 4GB Gskill Vengance V DDR4 2400
  • 3 Noctua iPPC 3000 PWM 140mm
  • 1 Noctua AF14
  • 2 Fractal Silent R2 140mm
  • EVGA 1060 6GB SC ACX3
  • EVGA 1070ti SC Black ACX3

The kid at the store almost cried when I paired the Gaming 5 with the G5400. He tried desperately to sell me a i7 but I had to explain to him that 4 threads running at  3.7GHz we’re adequate for my needs.

i went with the Gaming 5 as tweak town gave it a good rating and I wanted the two included thermistors. One I use for the ambient temperature and the other I have stuck in the rear exhaust of the 1070ti.

My Vega card is currently in China haha... No idea when I'll get a replacement :( I'm stilll crawling up the leader board though. Currently rocking a HD7950 in my rig as the other cards have been removed for the most part. 

image.png.8a2d763c9183cac1c0de986ec4c5a912.png

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, Ben Quigley said:

My Vega card is currently in China haha... No idea when I'll get a replacement :( I'm stilll crawling up the leader board though. Currently rocking a HD7950 in my rig as the other cards have been removed for the most part. 

image.png.8a2d763c9183cac1c0de986ec4c5a912.png

I was thinking about getting a modern AMD Card and putting it in an AM4 build so I could test how sensors work under Ubuntu and instrumenting the system using Zabbix but the nVidia cards seem to be king of the hill for folding these days.

Fold9_GPU0_Temp_Fan_Pwr.jpg.ec664eff2eef25e5ec461055ed499db8.jpgFold9_GPU1_Temp_Fan_Pwr.jpg.89d4ee5563f2776131d6310ea3f7408f.jpgFold9_PPD.jpg.65f1b4d7062cf46f358475ee8fd64b4c.jpg

I'll likely replace the ATI FirePro W4100 in my workstation but though the Polaris-based WX5100 is tempting I'll likely wait for the newer GCN5 Vega based workstation cards like the RadeonPro WX8200 to trickle down into their mid-range workstation cards.

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

32 minutes ago, Gorgon said:

I was thinking about getting a modern AMD Card and putting it in an AM4 build so I could test how sensors work under Ubuntu and instrumenting the system using Zabbix but the nVidia cards seem to be king of the hill for folding these days.

Fold9_GPU0_Temp_Fan_Pwr.jpg.ec664eff2eef25e5ec461055ed499db8.jpgFold9_GPU1_Temp_Fan_Pwr.jpg.89d4ee5563f2776131d6310ea3f7408f.jpgFold9_PPD.jpg.65f1b4d7062cf46f358475ee8fd64b4c.jpg

I'll likely replace the ATI FirePro W4100 in my workstation but though the Polaris-based WX5100 is tempting I'll likely wait for the newer GCN5 Vega based workstation cards like the RadeonPro WX8200 to trickle down into their mid-range workstation cards.

To be honest, despite AMD cards often having superior FLOPs it seems CUDA is just better at folding. Shame really, I didnt buy my card to fold, I got a good deal on it so pulled the trigger. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

• 2 weeks later...