"Hitler Was Right" - Linus 2015

Memories4K
Go to solution Solved by moptastic,

https://soundcloud.com/mansel-davies-cybertechnologyinc/hitler-was-right-linus

Not mine, someone posted this in Twitch chat. 

Linus was talking about the recent "scandal" of Amazon's risque advertising plan on promoting a book that was based on the idea of "What if the Axis won WWII?..." but it backfired and Linus is here trying to explain that Amazon's NOT saying something like "Hitler was right".

That is the proper context.

The proper context is Linus trying to give context hahaha

If we can't joke about travesties that occurred long ago and find some light in very dark events, or even humor the idea of the worst possibility, then I see no point in pretending that we actually care about said events and pretending we care about what they actually mean.

Either way, immediately afterwards Linus realized people were going to cap him saying that and Linus is all for censorship in favor of good business so it's not like he felt the advertising was what Amazon should have done either.

Im aware where it came from, i saw the WAN, i didn't ask about Context, i asked "why" even do this?

And it was technically Luke who realized Linus would get caped. 

Joking about WW2 is one thing, But cutting out half the context and only frame Linus say "Hitler was right" is another, and i asked why.

My question has nothing to do with the Subject they were talking about.

Im aware where it came from, i saw the WAN, i didn't ask about Context, i asked "why" even do this?

And it was technically Luke who realized Linus would get caped. 

Joking about WW2 is one thing, But cutting out half the context and only frame Linus say "Hitler was right" is another, and i asked why.

My question has nothing to do with the Subject they were talking about.

What? You're scared we're going to get Linus in trouble? All anyone has to do is give context to what is a pretty popular meme even before Linus getting capped for it.

If there's any idiot (and i know there is because I'm American) who's going to shun Linus directly for a 7-second clip of Linus saying something from an hour-long Tech newscast then they're likely not to get very far in life.

But back to why, or at least what you're saying you want to know.

Because it's funny and this is a tech forum surrounded on LMG.

That's pretty much it.

It's not malicious, we're not all here having a go at Linus because we hate him; we do it because it's funny.

It's the same reason why we make jokes about Luke getting fired every week. (or used to, it's died down)

Otherwise you might as well ask why we criticize him for wearing socks in sandals and make gifs of him making very unattractive faces.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

Hahaha, funny litte cut-out, but poor linus! :P 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Linus was talking about the recent "scandal" of Amazon's risque advertising plan on promoting a book that was based on the idea of "What if the Axis won WWII?..." but it backfired and Linus is here trying to explain that Amazon's NOT saying something like "Hitler was right".

That is the proper context.

The proper context is Linus trying to give context hahaha

If we can't joke about travesties that occurred long ago and find some light in very dark events, or even humor the idea of the worst possibility, then I see no point in pretending that we actually care about said events and pretending we care about what they actually mean.

Either way, immediately afterwards Linus realized people were going to cap him saying that and Linus is all for censorship in favor of good business so it's not like he felt the advertising was what Amazon should have done either.

You should read Guess Who's Back by Timur Vermes... You'll most likely enjoy it...

I cut it out for you:

Don't ban me bro.

Right, time to webm this and start using it

Edit: https://wakaba.dhcp.io/files/10d

Just rename it to .webm

The website has a self-signed cert so you might get a warning btw

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

What? You're scared we're going to get Linus in trouble? All anyone has to do is give context to what is a pretty popular meme even before Linus getting capped for it.

If there's any idiot (and i know there is because I'm American) who's going to shun Linus directly for a 7-second clip of Linus saying something from an hour-long Tech newscast then they're likely not to get very far in life.

But back to why, or at least what you're saying you want to know.

Because it's funny and this is a tech forum surrounded on LMG.

That's pretty much it.

It's not malicious, we're not all here having a go at Linus because we hate him; we do it because it's funny.

It's the same reason why we make jokes about Luke getting fired every week. (or used to, it's died down)

Otherwise you might as well ask why we criticize him for wearing socks in sandals and make gifs of him making very unattractive faces.

You do realize the more thnigs we make about this the more people are going to find it who we cant give context too?

And frankly peoples lifes have been ruined for a hell of alot less then a statement like what linus made (assuming someone takes his statement as genuine.)

Sure its funny for us..even I laughed like hell at lukes realization but this is the internet and things like this can easily get out of control when someone finds it who isnt in our "sphere of influence."

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

xD  I need to watch the rest of the show now.  I didn't get to watch it Friday.

Right, time to webm this and start using it

Edit: https://wakaba.dhcp.io/files/10d

Just rename it to .webm

The website has a self-signed cert so you might get a warning btw

The original file I uploaded to YouTube was a WebM. Here is that file if you want that instead:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23191353/Stuff/Linus%20On%20Hitler.webm

Edit: What is this sorcery? Since when can we embed WebM files on this forum?

You do realize the more thnigs we make about this the more people are going to find it who we cant give context too?

And frankly peoples lifes have been ruined for a hell of alot less then a statement like what linus made (assuming someone takes his statement as genuine.)

Sure its funny for us..even I laughed like hell at lukes realization but this is the internet and things like this can easily get out of control when someone finds it who isnt in our "sphere of influence."

Then they're idiots.

What do you want me to say? That we should pander to the people who actually take a 7-second clip of someone who might be unknown to them seriously?

At that point, it just turns into a discussion on validity.

The exact thing the joke is about.

xD  I need to watch the rest of the show now.  I didn't get to watch it Friday.

It was a good show.

The Hitler was right thing was really short and in-between.

But some good stuff came out.

The original file I uploaded to YouTube was a WebM. Here is that file if you want that instead:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23191353/Stuff/Linus%20On%20Hitler.webm

Edit: What is this sorcery? Since when can we embed WebM files on this forum?

WAIT WHAT WE CAN DO THAT!?

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15