how a 13 year old tried to hack a Steam account, and got hacked.

Snickerzz

That is awesome!

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

I wonder if this is legitimate. :S

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Epic.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

This is too funny.

I especially like the part where "br0kenrabbit" tells him that Valve employees never ask for usernames or passwords.

Then br0kenrabbit actually asks "Greg" for his username and password, and he actually fell for it. lol

i lol'd

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

:lol: Harsh lesson, but must be learned.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

This guy has so seriously deserved what he got.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Genius!

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

This gave me an idea: hacker wars.

Instead of banning hackers, just collect them all in hacker only games, and stream it on twitch.

On a more serious note, this happened to me about a year ago, except in an rs scam

"doubling money!" -scammer

"you scammer! Give me my money back!" -random girl

"Doubling money! 300k test!" -scammer

"would you double a mil for me?" - me

"sure, trade it" -scammer

"Don't do it, he took my 500k"-PM from the girl that got scammed

"No, test first, later" -me

"ok, 300k"

*trades*

*trades*

//I now have 900k, or a 300k profit from the 600k I had before

"I'm still not sure do 600k, then I'll do the mill"-me

"fine"-scammer

*trades*

*trades*

// I now have 1500K, or 1.5 Mil

"Now do the mil"-scammer

"allready did, you just gave me it"-me

//I then trade the girl back her 400k, and leave with my 500k profit"

He deserved this imo because he tried to hack someones account which is bad so he got something bad back. 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Did the kid get his account back? if not br0kenrabbit was cruel!

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, MSI GTX 560TI Twin Frozr 2, 2x500GB drives, cheapo 500w PSU, cheapo HP Pavilion Elite m9000 case
#KilledMyWife

a 35 year old tryed to hack me.... left behind some foot prints so i hacked him his profiles and just deleted them all.... dont hack a ex hacker is all i can say XD

I +1 this :P some douche got into my sisters e-mail somehow and was re-directing all her e-mails to a yahoo e-mail with the same details ^_^ I sent him an e-mail back with a blank image with a keylogger+rat bundle; no major details :p but let's just say looks like he won't be bothering anyone any time soon.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I +1 this :P some douche got into my sisters e-mail somehow and was re-directing all her e-mails to a yahoo e-mail with the same details ^_^ I sent him an e-mail back with a blank image with a keylogger+rat bundle; no major details :P but let's just say looks like he won't be bothering anyone any time soon.

i just got the email and used the "Forgot my password" method... its stupid how easy that way is

Character artist in the Games industry.

Respect to the user. No sympathy for the 13 year old ''hacker''.

Social engineering not hacking

That's hilarious!

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

.... and a Partridge in a pear tree!