Job Application, when to call and who?

Bit8xPr0

I applied at Best buy like on the 20th and haven't received word, one of the jobs I applied for got taken down but is still under review. My mom said it might be a good idea to call them and "make sure" they got my application, would that be a good idea? Would I just call the store I applied too? 

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

Yes, call the store that you applied to and ask to talk to either the hiring manager or the General manager and ask about the progress of the application. 

Edit: If you just applied there is always the chance that they are going through all the other applications and since black friday is this week, it's very busy there and maybe you won't hear from them until after the holiday.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Tried that at my local BB. They sounded like they were annoyed when I did that - this was after I went into the store to see if I could talk to someone.

Then they ended up calling me while I was in the shower, which made me irrationally angry at them so I didn't call back. #noragrets

Tried that at my local BB. They sounded like they were annoyed when I did that - this was after I went into the store to see if I could talk to someone.

Then they ended up calling me while I was in the shower, which made me irrationally angry at them so I didn't call back. #noragrets

savage

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

That's your loss, working there is pretty awesome. 

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Nope.

Eh, I can't seem to contact them, the only option for talking to real people under the store options is about Sales concerns and I'm still trying to connect right now.

You're the only person I know of who has said that working at Best Buy is awesome.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

Eh, I can't seem to contact them, the only option for talking to real people under the store options is about Sales concerns and I'm still trying to connect right now.

When you call, ask for a sales associate and then ask them if they can hand you off to a sales manager. 

You're the only person I know of who has said that working at Best Buy is awesome.

It might be my Best Buy, but the people I work with are pretty awesome and I haven't had to many idiotic customers...as of yet. 

I applied at Best buy like on the 20th and haven't received word, one of the jobs I applied for got taken down but is still under review. My mom said it might be a good idea to call them and "make sure" they got my application, would that be a good idea? Would I just call the store I applied too? 

With job applications, it doesn't hurt to call and check if they received your application.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

With job applications, it doesn't hurt to call and check if they received your application.

Okay :P

It might be my Best Buy, but the people I work with are pretty awesome and I haven't had to many idiotic customers...as of yet. 

I know co-workers can make or break a job, but I don't really count that. What I mean is this; let's say you get transferred to another Best Buy. Now you're stuck with co-workers who are rude to you. Would you still say that Best Buy is awesome? Or would you just say that your ex-co-workers were awesome?

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

I know co-workers can make or break a job, but I don't really count that. What I mean is this; let's say you get transferred to another Best Buy. Now you're stuck with co-workers who are rude to you. Would you still say that Best Buy is awesome? Or would you just say that your ex-co-workers were awesome?

great thinking

Best way to get a job nowadays is to go there in person. If someone says go online and fill out a application. Ask to speak the the manager. Let him or her know your really interested in the job. Then name off a few good skills after a few words. Make them remember your name and use theirs several times. Good luck.