Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

AMD Radeon Software “Crimson” 15.30 releases

I have 6 settings under MDFP, you have 4 I believe.

This is what you are looking for right?

Spoiler
snip

These are only settings for the desktop/monitor/resolution and so on.

Here are the missing settings.

HQV-2-0-benchmark,5-N-277547-13.jpg

Sorry about the res, that's from tom's hardware article and its the only picture of it I could find.

Anyway, I've tweeted to AMD about it.

HARDWARE INTERRUPT MOTHAF#%A!
WINDOWS 10 = adware, driven by spyware

I don't know what AMD did but I'm getting playable framerates on Witcher 3 Ultra with HairWorks on full. Now I'm trying to find a pack of wolves for further testing.

Edit: Found a pack of wolves and it drop to 30fps for the full fight. It's still better than other drivers.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K @ 4.4GHz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1600 SSD: Samsung EVO 840 120GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Blue PSU: Corsair RM1000 Case: NZXT Phantom 630

snip

Sorry about the res, that's from tom's hardware article and its the only picture of it I could find.

Anyway, I've tweeted to AMD about it.

I can see the basic one but not the advanced one, its under display color.

FX-8120 | ASUS Crosshair V Formula | G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | Club3D Radeon R9 290 RoyalAce |Thermaltake Chaser MkIII | 128GB M4 Crucial + 2TB HDD storage | Cooler Master 850M | Scythe Mugen 3 | Corsair Strafe RGB | Logitech G500

Finally the drivers from AMD dont look like they did when I had a ATI Rage 128 pro.

edit: holy shit 561 mb drivers, really? Did they make all the assets into bmp? lol

UI looks really nice, performance boost looks meh.

I doubt there's much difference from the beta drivers released the day after Fallout 4 release lol

I don't know what AMD did but I'm getting playable framerates on Witcher 3 Ultra with HairWorks on full. Now I'm trying to find a pack of wolves for further testing.

well you're using hairworks...

HQV-2-0-benchmark,5-N-277547-13.jpg

Sorry about the res, that's from tom's hardware article and its the only picture of it I could find.

Anyway, I've tweeted to AMD about it.

To be fair CCC is still installed, you could just launch it and edit it in there.

I can see the basic one but not the advanced one, its under display color.

Well, I have to resort to messing with the registry to see if I can turn these things from there...

Dat R9 fury performance improvement ... 

Let's agree to disagree

To be fair CCC is still installed, you could just launch it and edit it in there.

I did. >

You can also try from here:

Program Files (x86)\AMD\CNext\CCCSlim\ccc.exe

The "Video" section is missing from there.

the ui looks nice

I hope it is just the video posted but the animations look a bit sluggish, it does look really nice overall.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Reading the release notes i'm particularly interested to see the fressync improvements tested.

AMD FreeSync™ technology enhancements including AMD CrossFire™ support for DirectX 9 games and low frame rate compensation for smoother gameplay when below the minimum refresh rate

Because until now the behavoir below the freesync window was the one area where the implementation was inferior to G-sync.

my 7970 loves these drivers, im running battlefront at 1440p at avg of 57fps on ultra ... I feel like ive had this card forever. I wish it would die so i could justify buying a new one.  It has been a beast of a card. Got driven 450km twice a week for 2 years when i was working away and travelling to and from home. Just whacked my case on the floor in front of the back seat, no padding no blankets. Treated it terrible and its still pulling this kind of performance all these years later.

Well played AMD.

Ya the original GCN 1.0 lineup with the 7850,7870,7950,7970 have had a really great run of longterm support. And they still have Vulkan / DX12 games to look forward to.

Can anyone confirm with their own eyes that the driver reduce noticeable stuttering in games?

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

Can anyone confirm with their own eyes that the driver reduce noticeable stuttering in games?

i haven't had stuttering for it to need reduction in the first place

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

ok, all good with my r9 280x.

what drivers should i download for my A8-5550m APU with dual graphics (8550G+8570) since neither the crimson software cant detect it, nor the auto-detect tool?

The site has changed....

i haven't had stuttering for it to need reduction in the first place

In a lot of games even though I am getting 60+ FPS, the frame pacing is a bit off. For example today I played a bit of BF4 and while I get 90FPS on Ultra 1080p it never goes down below 70 but it stutters slightly (no screen tearing, just stuttering). This is resolved by enabling V-sync but then it adds input delay.

I also get some stuttering in Metal Gear Solid V even though it never drops below 59FPS, enabling V-sync fixed this completely.

Another example is Witcher 2 I get 100+ FPS, small hitching without V-sync, fixed with V-sync enabled.

Not all of my games have this problem but this is just some examples of bad frame pacing I experience.

V-sync is not always ideal as it not only adds input lag, it does reduce your framerate when you are not hitting your monitor's refresh rate in the first place, so I only use V-sync when I have a large overhead like 75+ FPS on a 60Hz monitor, I never use it when I only get something like 50 FPS because enabling it will reduce it down to 45FPS when I want it to go up not down.

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, R9 290 Vapor-X @ 1030MHz.

It's 4am now where I live so I will the new driver later.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

In a lot of games even though I am getting 60+ FPS, the frame pacing is a bit off. For example today I played a bit of BF4 and while I get 90FPS on Ultra 1080p it never goes down below 70 but it stutters slightly (no screen tearing, just stuttering). This is resolved by enabling V-sync but then it adds input delay.

I also get some stuttering in Metal Gear Solid V even though it never drops below 59FPS, enabling V-sync fixed this completely but this is just some examples I experience with bad frame pacing.

V-sync is not always ideal as it not only adds input lag, it does reduce your framerate when you are not hitting your monitor's refresh rate in the first place, so I only use V-sync when I have a large overhead like 75+ FPS on a 60Hz monitor, I never use it when I only get something like 50 FPS because enabling it will reduce it down to 45FPS when I want it to go up not down.

what you need is a 144Hz monitor so you don't need V-sync - it's likely your monitor's fault

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

what you need is a 144Hz monitor so you don't need V-sync - it's likely your monitor's fault

Not all of my games have this problem but that is just some examples of bad frame pacing I experience. Most of my games do not have this issue.

And I am waiting for a day where there is a budget 144Hz, 5ms IPS monitor that does not empty my wallet.

Not all of my games have this problem but that is just some examples of bad frame pacing I experience. Most of my games do not have this issue.

And I am waiting for a day where there is a budget 144Hz IPS monitor that does not empty my wallet.

I imagine it's an issue on your end - I've used higher fps in games and aside from tearing I don't get stuttering.

Well, I have to resort to messing with the registry to see if I can turn these things from there...

Ok, I'm not sure if the settings are still present (although they should be).

rtvqhk.png

Anyone willing to help me? We are looking for something to force full dynamic color range on the EVR renderer.(through the drivers) If someone is still on the old drivers, can you please export the whole "video" stack to see if the values are missing? Thanks.

I also get some stuttering in Metal Gear Solid V even though it never drops below 59FPS, enabling V-sync fixed this completely.

Another example is Witcher 2 I get 100+ FPS, small hitching without V-sync, fixed with V-sync enabled.

Not all of my games have this problem but this is just some examples of bad frame pacing I experience.

If you want to use Vsync without the input lag, try turning Vsync on and use the frame rate target control set to 60fps. This is what I use and it seems to work well for me. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I imagine it's an issue on your end - I've used higher fps in games and aside from tearing I don't get stuttering.

I went from a FX-8350 + R9 270X + HDD (Windows 8) then upgraded to a FX-8350 + R9 290 + SSD (Windows 8) a year later, now I am now running on an i7 6700K + R9 290 + SSD (Windows 10), it is the same story for all three config except the i7 significantly improved framerate and frame pacing though it is still there on the same map/area of the game. 

It is either a driver issue or just the game. I did a clean installation of Windows for each config as I was replacing my HDD for SSD back then and I reformatted my SSD to prepare for my new i7 and motherboard just recently. I basically built three different PCs.

I also use a 4:3 75Hz Dell monitor as a 2nd screen and it is the same when I test on that.

But whatever, I'll just get a FreeSync monitor. Or G-Sync when I make the switch to Nvidia to build a workstation.

Good stuff from AMD.

X99 Deluxe | i7 5820K | NH-D15 | 980Ti HOF 8PACK Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16gb | Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb
Corsair Air 540 | Bose C5 |    ( ง '̀-'́) ง Hall Of Fame Owner's Club ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)    Logitech 502 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Sennheiser HD 518 |  ModMic 4.0 |  Logitech G810 Orion

Dat R9 fury performance improvement ...

can you be less specific?

I hope it is just the video posted but the animations look a bit sluggish, it does look really nice overall.

It's the gif

Ya the original GCN 1.0 lineup with the 7850,7870,7950,7970 have had a really great run of longterm support. And they still have Vulkan / DX12 games to look forward to.

I have a 7990 myself. On most games it's great, I just wish they found a way to make crossfire work in windowed/borderless mode.

ok, all good with my r9 280x.

what drivers should i download for my A8-5550m APU with dual graphics (8550G+8570) since neither the crimson software cant detect it, nor the auto-detect tool?

Just use the latest drivers they support your gpus and most likely apu

5z7KORN.png

Ok, I'm not sure if the settings are still present (although they should be).

Anyone willing to help me? We are looking for something to force full dynamic color range on the EVR renderer.(through the drivers) If someone is still on the old drivers, can you please export the whole "video" stack to see if the values are missing? Thanks.

It should be under the UMD section DXVA settings.

Why do you need Full Range Video? Enabling Full Range does this to your videos (Blacker than black, Whiter than white).

Rhv8zaL.png