Should I skip school tomorrow?

Overkilled

Before anyone asks I don't get bullied or abused at home.

Basically about a week ago I was doing a maths assessment and my mind went blank which caused me to forgot lots of the stuff I revised consequently I ended up missing out a load of questions, so tomorrow I knoew were getting them back and she's gonna go through them and read out marks (the teacher in question hates me and has went out her way to express it numerous times) so she's probably gonna make a show of me, on top of that I don't have my pe kid so that's another hour wasted.

My mum is in work all day so I have the whole house to myself so she wouldn't know if I've been to school or not but I don't know if its morally the right think to do, its only one day right?

no13.jpg

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just fix the things u got wrong?

Logic?

Solved?

I accept only PayPal

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Just fix the things u got wrong?

Logic?

Solved?

I accept only PayPal

Its not about that it's about my maths teacher publicly revealing I did shit on the test because that's what type of person she is, its just pretty embarrassing and its probably gonna haunt me if people know even though I did well in my other tests

I can understand what your going through.

But It only hurts you if you miss school, just so you know.

*edit

I suggest you take your licks and move on.

IF your teach is legitimately trying to publicly humiliate you take it up with the school principal and make a complaint.

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Errors?

missed questions

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

"the teacher in question hates me and has went out her way to express it numerous times"

Did they actually, or are you just exaggerating? I've heard so many people say this when I was in public school and they were always the ones who were slacking off in class and getting into trouble because of their own doing.

I'm just saying its just 1 day, she's been going on about these marks all week I just know she will show me up

Grow a pair and go to school.

If you're too scared to go to fucking school to get an assignment back, then the world is going to chew you up and shit you out.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

"the teacher in question hates me and has went out her way to express it numerous times"

Did they actually, or are you just exaggerating? I've heard so many people say this when I was in public school and they were always the ones who were slacking off in class and getting into trouble because of their own doing.

I used to get in trouble from time to time but now I sit by myself and I'm fine now, for some reason she still holds a grudge after all this time

NO.

A better approach is to be proactive.  

Go to the teacher before class sits down and explain your situation.  Only a real a$$ would blow you off and revel in your pain.  You might be surprised, and in any event, they are bound to think at least a little bit more highly of you afterward (unless they are a total and complete a$$hat, which is a possibility that you should probably learn to deal with anyway, because if they aren't, there will certainly be more who are ...)

Good Luck!

Folding For Linus since July 2015

Basically about a week ago I was doing a maths assessment and my mind went blank which caused me to forgot lots of the stuff I revised consequently I ended up missing out a load of questions, so tomorrow I knoew were getting them back and she's gonna go through them and read out marks (the teacher in question hates me and has went out her way to express it numerous times) so she's probably gonna make a show of me, on top of that I don't have my pe kid so that's another hour wasted.

My mum is in work all day so I have the whole house to myself so she wouldn't know if I've been to school or not but I don't know if its morally the right think to do, its only one day right?

Or - stay with me on this - an alternative could be to work your butt off to fix any errors and do your best, then go to school tomorrow, and if you still fail the assignment then maybe go to your teacher and talk to him/her about what you can do to make sure you learn the material properly for the upcoming test.

Skipping school will never do you any good or help you in any way. If you make mistakes, own up to it.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Follow up:

Ask the teacher for advice on how to make it up, or at least on how to catch up if "make up" is too teachers' pettish.  (gotta consider your reputation, eh?)

That will do even more to improve your teachers outlook towards you.  It tells them you care about your future, and most teachers want students to be engaged.

And as has been said many times previous - skipping school will gain you nothing except avoidance of a little pain that will only lead to even more pain later.  Go to school, be mature, take your lumps, learn from your mistakes, reassess, adjust, overcome!  You will be a better person for it.

Little crap like this can determine what kind of person you become later on - do you avoid conflict, or grow from it?

Your choice.

Folding For Linus since July 2015

Grow a pair and go to school.

If you're too scared to go to fucking school to get an assignment back, then the world is going to chew you up and shit you out.

Literally.

Stay home and talk to me on Skype or TS and play some Fallout 4. :)

I wouldn't let my teacher flame me, just fix your errors and go on Friday.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Stay home and talk to me on Skype or TS and play some Fallout 4. :)

I wouldn't let my teacher flame me, just fix your errors and go on Friday.

I know you're probably joking, but OP shouldn't do that.

You need to learn to be responsible someday, so better start now and get ahead of the game.

Honestly people make out skipping school as a bigger deal than it actually is, I'm graduating school literally tomorrow, my attendance is roughly 50-60%, as long as you know what you are doing, skipping school is fine imo

Gigabyte X570 UD

Ryzen 5 5600x

16GB 3200mhz ram

Asus TUF Rx5700XT

600w PSU

256GB NVME boot drive

1tb sata ssd game drive

2tb mechanical storage drive

Logitech G815 Tactile

Logitech G502

AudioTechnica ATH-G1WL

LG B9 OLED

Be a scouser and swerve it lad.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s