Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is Old Thermal Paste Toxic?

Kepping This Short

I was messing around with a old computer and the cpu which had old thermal paste on it. So i am bored and try to clean it off but while doing so i got this on my fingers.

I am eating and notice this so i rush to the bathroom and wash my hands. This stuff does not like to come off and i am worried if i ate too much of it.

The pc is a prebuilt from 2008, the cpu is a AMD Athlon II and the cooler is a coolermaster fan on top of a cube heatsink.

Should i be worried?

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada

Youll be fine, just wash it off your finger and be careful next time you handle stuff like old thermal paste.

AMD A10 7700k APU @ 3.8 GHz  /  Dem Integrated R7 graphics  / 8 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1800 MHz RAM  /  1 TB WD Black HDD  /  ARC Midi R2 Case  /  ASRock FM2A88M Pro 3+ 

Logitech MX Performance / Razor Blackwidow Ultimate

Dude... I licked old thermal paste off a cpu clean and spit it out in the toilet because I didnt have a paper towel handy... You think im gonna get that? That doesnt look good at all.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

ur fine doge

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Dude... I licked old thermal paste off a cpu clean and spit it out in the toilet because I didnt have a paper towel handy... You think im gonna get that? That doesnt look good at all.

uh wut....

why woud you do that

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

uh wut....

why woud you do that

Thats what happens when you work on your computer at 2:00 in the morning and arnt thinking straight.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Well this happened a month ago so I dont think its an immediate emergency... But is this gonna have long term effects? Your freaking me out dude.

Over time thermal paste decays into Fluoroantimonic Acid which is 10 quadrillion times stronger than Sulphuric Acid, I'd immediately see a doctor about this. JKJKJKJK Everyone saying it's bad is joking :D And that 10 quadrillion thing is actually true.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Well this happened a month ago so I dont think its an immediate emergency... But is this gonna have long term effects? Your freaking me out dude.

Your skin might possibly become blue (or you might notice some blue spots) within the next couple of weeks/months, maybe even years.

Okay, Thank You.

Just curious, do you know how much thermal paste is bad? or if it contains lead or murcury?

-Made In Canada

Okay, Thank You.

Just curious, do you know how much thermal paste is bad? or if it contains lead or murcury?

It is made from silver

Dude you're fine; he's just screwing with ya.

It's just that argyria is more often than not caused by colloidal silver ingestion more than other forms of silver. You aren't gonna turn blue any time soon.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

I would be worried.

I'd call my poison control center. Thermal paste is toxic if ingested.

Your skin might possibly become blue (or you might notice some blue spots) within the next couple of weeks/months, maybe even years.

Over time thermal paste decays into Fluoroantimonic Acid which is 10 quadrillion times stronger than Sulphuric Acid, I'd immediately see a doctor about this. JKJKJKJK Everyone saying it's bad is joking :D And that 10 quadrillion thing is actually true.

Indeed, it contains heavy metals. They're not toxic in small doses.

But you don't want to get this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argyria

look am i going to be okay? i dont think i ate much and i washed my hands now like 4 times...  can i continue to eat the burger? (not the one that got paste on it)

-Made In Canada

look am i going to be okay? i dont think i ate much and i washed my hands now like 4 times...  can i continue to eat the burger? (not the one that got paste on it)

yes

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Dude you're fine; he's just screwing with ya.

It's just that argyria is more often than not caused by colloidal silver ingestion more than other forms of silver. You aren't gonna turn blue any time soon.

Soo eating a little and it going in my body aint going to turn me blue/ harm me/ kill me? (i know its much but just saying).

-Made In Canada

yes

Then whats this iron guy talking about?

I would be worried.

I'd call my poison control center. Thermal paste is toxic if ingested.

Indeed, it contains heavy metals. They're not toxic in small doses.

But you don't want to get this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argyria

-Made In Canada

Nothing that will matter, you didnt just eat a tube of thermal paste

I was just messing with you dude.

Throw away that burger and do not ingest thermal compound again and you will be fine man.

Look... It wasnt just a little bit of thermal paste in my case okay? The guy who installed the cpu last didnt use Linus's rule of an uncooked grain of rice. It was all caked on and messy. (AKA a fair bit of thermal paste) And now that im thinking back on it, im not even 100% sure how much came out when i spit. I'm getting a lot of mixed messages here. Can someone tell me if i need to go to a doctor or not?

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Throw away that burger and do not ingest thermal compound again and you will be fine man.

f*** i was freaking out man... thanks for the honesty.

-Made In Canada

Look... It wasnt just a little bit of thermal paste in my case okay? The guy who installed the cpu last didnt use Linus's rule of an uncooked grain of rice. It was all caked on and messy. (AKA a fair bit of thermal paste) And now that im thinking back on it, im not even 100% sure how much came out when i spit. I'm getting a lot of mixed messages here. Can someone tell me if i need to go to a doctor or not?

id see a doc next time you go but you should be fine, the human body has fought off some crazy sht before

-Made In Canada

id see a doc next time you go but you should be fine, the human body has fought off some crazy sht before

K, thanks. Just hoping I dont turn blue. Or atleast if I do It will be like when the hulk turns green and I'le get super powers or something. I can already imagine what they will call me! "Paste boy!"

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!