Custom wooden case with lighting

ChrisCross

exaqBQy.jpg

Made a little video sorry for the audio.

Note that this build has a pretty good airflow design which has the downside that it makes air in your room dry. if your replicating this thing take care of humidity.

Yw4inrU.jpg

zdi2hBe.jpg

GiPMQQs.jpg

igV1NDV.jpg

v8wgEeT.jpg

rZqyVDB.jpg

KWLG2E5.jpg

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

Now this looks cool but u need to cable manage it , like use velcrows at the wood and paste the cables there or put it(the velcrow) and bring cables fro behind it behind mother board tray 

And the blue colour looks more better :P

THE LITTLE DEVIL : i5 4690k on NOCTUA NHD15

Asus z97 sabertooth mark 2 

WD black 1TB & WD Green 2TB HDD, Samsung 840 Evo 240gb & Hyperx 240gb SSD 

RAM- Corsair vengence 16gb and hyperx fury 8gb

PSU-Seasonic sII 620 wtt power supply

PErPHERaLS: Logitech g403 mouse, Redgear cherry MX brown switches, Logitech gamepad f310,Cosmic byte XXL RGB mousepad 

Audio: SennheiserHD 558 and antlion mod mic

PHOnE: Realme 3 pro 

Now this looks cool but u need to cable manage it , like use velcrows at the wood and paste the cables there or put it(the velcrow) and bring cables fro behind it behind mother board tray

And the blue colour looks more better [emoji14]

well there is no place. for an atx case this is fairly compact. above the cables are the drives and there is not very much space between them and the backwall

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22.4.2016 at 11:28 AM, Average Joe said:

Looks nice. But i have one question.

Did you had problems with your case resonating? Wooden case tend to resonate and amplify the noise.

dont think so. its actually pretty quiet considoring its so near to your ears.

it should be noted however that i have pretty high-end paint on there.