Sound quality on phones

Merc.

What do you think has the best sound quality of these three: Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+, iPhone 6S, Sony Xperia Z5 premium.

I'm looking for a new phone and this is one of the most important things that will affect my decision....

What would you choose and why based on sound quality and overall sound reproduction?

King of Off Topic.

Z5

Front facing speakers

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

What do you think has the best sound quality of these three: Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+, iPhone 6S, Sony Xperia Z5 premium.

I'm looking for a new phone and this is one of the most important things that will affect my decision....

What would you choose and why based on sound quality and overall sound reproduction?

just curious but why not just use headphones most speakers on phones are garbage 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Sorry...

Motorola uses Yamaha DACs and speakers in their phones... If I remember correctly.

just curious but why not just use headphones most speakers on phones are garbage 

Actually I am using headphones all the time when listening to music. But also it is not good if you want to play music for your friend and all you hear is quiet hissing. :D 

King of Off Topic.

Actually I am using headphones all the time when listening to music. But also it is not good if you want to play music for your friend and all you hear is quiet hissing. :D

Then you're looking for a phone with a decent dac, the LG V10 has a ESS Sabre 32 bit dac and is the best on the market.

TL;DR: Get the phone you think you'll like, they'll most likely sound exactly the same with headphones on. 

Any phone probably sound exactly the same. If they do sound different it would probably be some EQ setting on the phone, or noise floor. All of the ones mentioned should sound exactly the same. We've come a LONG way in terms of audio gear, that pretty much no dacs actually sound any better than others. All that matters is having enough power for the cans you're using, and since 90% of cans are like 100+ dB / mw you should be fine unless you want to listen at deafening volumes.

Also: If you think your phone doesn't push enough power: Does it get loud enough? Yes? Then you have enough power. Headphones rarely get better with a more powerful amp. And of course, audio is entirely subjective, so what might be better to some, might be worse to you. 

TL;DR: Get the phone you think you'll like, they'll most likely sound exactly the same with headphones on. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

You can also add something like a Fiio E06 to your phone and headphone set to improve the sound quality if the phones ability to drive headphones is pretty poor. It wont fix DAC issues but it will fix power delivery problems.

You can also add something like a Fiio E06 to your phone and headphone set to improve the sound quality if the phones ability to drive headphones is pretty poor. It wont fix DAC issues but it will fix power delivery problems.

Or you could get an e17 that has a dac.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Or you could get an e17 that has a dac.

Doesn't all phones have a DAC...

Yep of course they do, they couldn't generate sound without one.

My point was that it would fix any dac issues, as mentioned above.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)