Crash when waking up from sleep?

MxZeal

Hey! when i put my computer to sleep all works out, i can wake it just fine with keyboard/mouse but when my monitor loads im taken to the login screen all is well, how ever my mouse and keyboard stop working and i can tell the PC is frozen because i see this thing in the place u put the password " | " the line thing that tells u were your typing is frozen and its not flashing on and off

i am then forced to restart my computer which SUCKS!!

any ideas?

i checked bios and power settings i have "turn off hard disk" to to never,

i also have usb selective settings disabled.

Help! thanks!

Could be your hybefil.sys file is broken, you can disable sleep mode / hibernation mode and delete it.

Then re-enable it to create a new one.

Try it see if helps

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/15140/what-is-hiberfil.sys-and-how-do-i-delete-it/

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Could be your hybefil.sys file is broken, you can disable sleep mode / hibernation mode and delete it.

Then re-enable it to create a new one.

Try it see if helps

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/15140/what-is-hiberfil.sys-and-how-do-i-delete-it/

thanks i managed to delete it np but i have no idea how to re enableit

Simply open an administrator privileges command prompt and type in (without the quotes) 'powercfg -h on' and I imagine you'll probably need a restart. BTW, I'm just assuming this is how it'll work since turning it off is that but with off where it says on.

I would ask why anyone would need this on because if you do not need it then simply disable it and poof, problem gone.