Tax Rebellion in the UK.

So, this might not seem technology related at first, but it is. Mainly because it stands to primarily effect some of the largest corporations with operations in the UK. Namely companies like Google, Amazon, and Facebook.

So basically, a group of small businesses in the Welsh city of Crickhowell have decided to ban together, and use all of the tactics used by giant corporations, to avoid paying taxes. Not because they don't want to pay taxes, but because they want to draw attention to the fact that some of them pay more in taxes than some billion dollar a year corporations. Specifically, they want these giant corporations to pay taxes like everyone else has to.

Crickhowell residents want to share their tax avoidance plan with other towns, in a bid to force the Treasury into legislation to crack down on loopholes which allowed the likes of Amazon to pay just £11.9m of tax last year on £5.3bn of UK internet sales.

A town dominated by independent businesses, some of which have been passed down three generations, Crickhowell traders recently fought off a high street planning application from a large supermarket chain.

In the BBC2 documentary, The Town that Went Offshore, the residents express their anger at companies including Caffé Nero, which has not paid corporation tax in the UK since 2008, despite recording sales worth £1.2 billion.

To me, it seems completely fair for these people to do what gigantic corporations do. So long as it draws attention to the fact that things like this can happen.

a Crickhowell coffee shop owner Steve said: “I have always paid every penny of tax I owe, and I don’t object to that. What I object to is paying my full tax when my big name competitors are doing the damnedest to dodge theirs.” One of the town’s traders discovered that he paid seven times more in corporation tax than Facebook, which paid less than £5,000 in the UK last year.

As an American, I also enjoy the irony of the idea of a "tax rebellion in the UK". But seriously, I applaud these business owners. They're putting their governments back against the wall. If the government tries to stop them, it's an obvious move to protect their corporate masters, and if they break down and actually tax these companies making ridiculous amounts of profit, then they lose all their delicious corporate funding.

I love this story.

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crickhowell-welsh-town-moves-offshore-to-avoid-tax-on-local-business-a6728971.html

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

DuleHill-popcorn.gif

As an American I find the irony... Delicious, like this popcorn.

I also find the little guy sticking it to corporations... Delicious, like this popcorn.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Finally tax companies like they should

USA please follow suit if this goes through

I'm sure they already have safeguards in place for shit like this. Remember, all the egregious corporate shit in the world, pretty much starts in the US

-snip

As an American I find the irony... Delicious, like this popcorn.

Is it not just me that finds that ironic? People being pushed to the limit by taxes? In the UK?

I'm sure they already have safeguards in place for shit like this. Remember, all the egregious corporate shit in the world, pretty much starts in the US

Impossible.. we are agreeing on something.

EDIT:

must not attack guy underneath me..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Good for them! I hope their movement is successful.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Impossible.. we are agreeing on something.

I've learned a few things over the years.

The corporate tax rate in the US is too high but has loopholes, solution lower it to 25% but remove all exemptions

Or just eliminate the loop holes all together, tell the giant corporations to f**k off, and also require that a percentage of their profit margins be divided equally amongst their employees. That way NOTHING they do can make them more money, without making more for their employees. They can up prices, but then if profits go up, so does the money their employees receive from the profit margin.

This has the advantage over minimum wage, because when you raise minimum wage companies just raise prices to offset that extra cost.

Or just eliminate the loop holes all together, tell the giant corporations to f**k off, and also require that a percentage of their profit margins be divided equally amongst their employees. That way NOTHING they do can make them more money. They can up prices, but then if profits go up, so does the money their employees receive from the profit margin.

Man, you have evolved....

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Or just eliminate the loop holes all together, tell the giant corporations to f**k off, and also require that a percentage of their profit margins be divided equally amongst their employees. That way NOTHING they do can make them more money. They can up prices, but then if profits go up, so does the money their employees receive from the profit margin.

They'd just go else where, like Canada for instance with burger king, I don't like companies but 40% is kinda steep

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Man, you have evolved....

I'm still in favor of a free market economy, but I want some rules in place where the ridiculous profits that companies make, are directly distributed to the people who you know....actually do the work.

It's not a limit on business, just a mandate that people make a decent living. The better off a company does, the better off the employees should be.

They'd just go else where, like Canada for instance with burger king, I don't like companies but 40% is kinda steep

Oh, I forgot. If the company says "screw that, we're moving all our business to China", we take away all their copyright holdings, PERMANENTLY. Sure, they can still sell things here in the US, but so can anyone else, without having to give them bullshit royalties.

Then, we would have what a capitalist economy is supposed to be. A competitive environment.

It's true, doesn't Apple avoid paying the US Government tax in much the same way?

Yet law makers have no one but themselves to blame. They can button up the loopholes. No one else can.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Too bad this is going to be almost impossible to pull off. Not when the government or leading powers have their hands (or interests) in the pockets of the problematic companies.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

It's true, doesn't Apple avoid paying the US Government tax in much the same way?

Yet law makers have no one but themselves to blame. They can button up the loopholes. No one else can.

Basically every large corporation/rich person ever does.

Too bad this is going to be almost impossible to pull off. Not when the government or leading powers have their hands (or interests) in the pockets of the problematic companies.

If they move to stop them, it would essentially be a public admission of corruption that NO ONE could deny.

They have their hands in the pockets of the companies, whereas the companies have their hands stuffed up the asses of the government leaders, working the controls.

Movin' on up'stari

Again, I'm not for higher taxes. I don't want these corporations paying the government "legitimately", I want them paying people who work for a living, as well as buy things.

If they move to stop them, it would essentially be a public admission of corruption that NO ONE could deny.

But you can be damn sure that they'll try.

Fuck the world.

Apple Has Twice As Much Cash As The US Government

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Again, I'm not for higher taxes. I don't want these corporations paying the government "legitimately", I want them paying people who work for a living, as well as buy things.

Which is why its movin' on up'stari not moved on up'stari

But you can be damn sure that they'll try.

Fuck the world.

True.

I'm still all for dragging our "representatives" out of their offices, and exiling them to deserts or something. Or forcing them to lives as homeless people the rest of their lives.

Which is why its movin' on up'stari not moved on up'stari

Paying people who work, fuels the economy (and thus society). Paying taxes, fuels government waste.

Apple Has Twice As Much Cash As The US Government

The US gov has -$18B so its alot more than that..

Edit: actually it would be less than two because you would be dividing by a negative number.

True.

I'm still all for dragging our "representatives" out of their offices, and exiling them to deserts or something. Or forcing them to lives as homeless people the rest of their lives.

Let's send our lawmakers to the slums where their laws apply. And let's send our politicians to fight their wars their own damn selves. I can think of nothing more suitable. They deserve nothing less. Probably more, actually.