Lonely and sad

AlTech

I'm lonely and sad. And IDK what to do about it.

I have very few IRL friends, loads of online friends.

EDIT:

Sometimes I can be sad or unhappy for no reason.

Sometimes I don't get happy from playing games.

A lot of the time I feel like a really bad person.

I despise the way I look.

I have very few friends in real life as well. I can count them on one hand (those close to me I see on a regular basis). I chose to be that way though.

I have very few friends online as well, but that is because I don't use social media (LTT is exempt from that) I chose to be that way as well.

The only thing I can tell you is to get out find some groups similar to you and start mingling. People will either accept you or they wont. The first thing you need to do before finding friends is to accept yourself for who and what you are. You cannot change what you look like (and no I do not condone surgery) If you accept yourself others will accept you as well.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I have a few friends, and they're all terrific. They're also all on the other side of the planet. Right now I'm just saving for college, etc. Friends are not a huge priority for me at the moment. I do get lonely sometimes, though. I'm pretty stoic, I never complain about it or bring it to other people, but it's there and sometimes it's hard. So I understand the feel of loneliness wearing on you over time.

I would say go find hangout groups every now and then. D&D, Pathfinder, robotics clubs, astronomical societies, whatever floats your boat. Go out and find like-minded people.

I'd love for there to be a platform where we could all hang out IRL at some point, all the LTT club members could assemble at like a LAN event somewhere, it'd be amazing.

Friends are overrated. When I was younger you could have seen me even as an alpha in certain groups, but as I grew and lost people close to me, I started to question their usefulness. It sounds cold and doesn't just sound, but thank you is one of the most powerful collocations ever created. All of them lacked my passion, so I distanced myself from everyone and think that I made the right decision by doing so. Ofc I would be better of with people like me, but I'm too old for that. Going to school with people who struggle with mundane teen problems isn't really the problem, but it wouldn't stop there. I would always be omega among my peers no matter how hard I would try, so I keep to myself and occasionally have a beer in some bar where company is pretty much guaranteed.

Some might claim that it's me who needs to change, but changing is what I've forced to do my whole life. That's what reformatories and institutions like are for.

When the going gets weirdthe weird turn pro.

EDIT:

Sometimes I can be sad or unhappy for no reason.

Sometimes I don't get happy from playing games.

A lot of the time I feel like a really bad person.

I despise the way I look.

Talk to someone...that's what i did :D

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

me too , i only speak to "friends" in school,

my best friend from primary school removed me from steam, havent seen him for a year

and my other friend moved to newyork

and pretty much the whole class thinks im an idiot and a weirdo

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You are not alone. I'm the same situation and always have been. I know only two people irl who I can consider "real friends" and quite a lot online. Music, animes and games successfully keep me away from the sadness most of the time.

My advice is to find school or university clubs (if you are still studying) where you can meet people with common interests.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

I don't have much in common with anybody

I'm exactly the same way. Like i'm geeky but punk-ish and love metal and going to concerts and building computer and astronomy and i'm also really into cars and like... just.. blah. Like you'd think that since i fit into every category that i'd get along with people more but i fit into so many that i don't fit into anything..? I have a really awesome girlfriend though who's like my best friend and one other friend who only talks to me like once or twice a month and is always busy. That's it though so only really having one person to talk to ever get's really lonely, Especially when you overtalk them and you end up telling them the same things over and over and eventually they get pretty annoyed by you always wanting their attention and if you're upset with them or mad at them about something you have nobody else. So yeah i totally get the lonely feeling. And i don't even have any internet friends :( And i have pretty bad depression so i feel shitty almost everyday for no reason and it sucks. I'm sorry man i know the feeling. You could message me if you want and make another internet friend :P But idk i would just say find things to do. Like join a club or something. Find a way to meet new people. It's not easy otherwise i'd have more friends by now, but that's what works. I find stupid ways to talk to people for the hell of it. Like when you see someone interesting find something about them to compliment or something you can ask them a question about and try to start a conversation. Or you could even ask people if they've seen something you didn't really lose xD Idk. I'll let you know if i find the secret formula for friendship and happiness lol.

Just a normal guy with a constant desire to modify everything he owns. 

Check out my current build here:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006447-the-cake-is-a-lie-water-cooled-portal-pc/