"Missile Testing" Over Southern California.

christianled59

screen-shot-2015-11-07-at-9-32-01-pm.jpg

According to many Californians and neighboring state citizens, a very large and magnificent ufo appeared above California. Considering the obtrusive brightness of the phenomenon, it caused an uproar on social media.

“Light seen in OC sky was confirmed through JWA tower to be a Naval test fire off the coast,” the Orange County Sheriff’s Department said on Twitter, referring to John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana.

The Navy claims it was a test fire.

Cmdr. Ryan Perry, of the Navy’s Third Fleet, said the Trident II (D5) was launched as scheduled by an Ohio-class ballistic missile submarine in the Pacific Test Range, the Union-Tribune reported. “Each test activity provides valuable information about our systems, thus contributing to assurance in our capabilities,” Perry said in a statement released to the newspaper.

There is also speculation that it was a meteor shower.

The videos are pretty astounding to say the least. These pictures do not do any justice for the awe of the phenomenon. Personally, I find it strange to be doing a missile test that is clearly visible to the public without prior public warning. If this really is a missile, it sure is beautiful. Watch for yourself; what do you guys think it is?

Check out a pretty nice video I found here: (best I could find)
https://instagram.com/p/90Cs9UiUK_/?taken-by=dexta_dave

Sources:
http://pix11.com/2015/11/07/mysterious-light-spotted-over-southern-california-social-media-explodes/
http://ktla.com/2015/11/07/witnesses-across-socal-report-seeing-unexplained-light-in-night-sky/
and all over social media.

(tech related because missiles)

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

It was cool... lol

Thought it was a shooting star like a couple weeks ago :P

System: Thinkpad T460

Here is a post I made regarding someone who was dismissing this as a normal military test.

Then the military royally f*cked up. Not only did their rocket go off course and turn over home soil, but it f*cking exploded (either by mechanical failure, self destruct if they lost control (which is probably what happened if this is U.S. military), or was shot by our anti-missile system (meaning this was an attack/show of force by someone, or they absolutely lost all control over it and this was their only option/solution)). Also some reports mention red blinking lights, which would be running lights, which are not present on missiles (suggesting an aircraft/drone suffered a catastrophic failure).

I extremely doubt it was a part of the meteor shower. I've seen these rocks do some weird stuff, break up, etc.. It doesn't look anything like this.

As for what this has to do with tech, you could mention how quickly this spread on social media and how this relates to society becoming increasingly intertwined with the internet.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Well, it did happen near the Santa Ana Air Force base so it's kind of expected

I'm just wondering why they did at night, I speculate they're testing it's abilities during launches at night

They also ordered the no fly zone warning two hours before the launch, so it was a planned launch or an off-course detour towards the sea

(according to people I know who live there)

But my inner Astrophysics guy wants it to be a meteor shower

It might be the Taurid meteor shower that was slightly delayed: http://www.space.com/31029-taurid-meteors-fireballs-this-month.html

Meh

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

More than likely another awol aircraft like that blimp.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

[DELETED POST]

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

[DELETED POST]

Deleted?

PMSL

[DELETED POST]

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

[DELETED POST]

[DELETED POST]

what does that mean

Censorship, I believe 

[DELETED POST]

[DELETED POST]

What is going on? Are you posting stuff that is NSFW??

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

[DELETED POST] 

Really not a ufo... or anything even close to the sort. We have this base, called vandenberg air force base, which does missile testing and launches on a regular basis. its just earlier in the year, and because of the time change people are up later and can see the missiles more clearly infront of the night sky.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Really not a ufo... or anything even close to the sort. We have this base, called vandenberg air force base, which does missile testing and launches on a regular basis. its just earlier in the year, and because of the time change people are up later and can see the missiles more clearly infront of the night sky.

Wouldn't people be notified then to avoid something like this?

PMSL