Acer Predator X34 Recall

Ryzone

Microcenter employee is saying on overclock forums that the Acer X34 is getting a recall and all retailers are pulling it from shelves. I'm not sure what this means for Acer X34 owners, he says that there needs to be a firmware update.

Source This guy is a microcenter employee and has been following the Acer X34 thread, keeping everyone up to date on things. 

Update another person confirming too LINK

Update Confirmed by Acer here's link to source this is what the Acer "Cory" employee said on the forums.

" I appreciate your patience while we investigated the concerns discussed here related to the X34 backlight waking from sleep. After working with you and performing our own testing, we found that this symptom is seen most often when lower brightness settings are selected. Unfortunately, a firmware or “do it yourself” solution is not possible to address this. Instead Acer has identified that a hardware level remedy is required. So currently our repair and contact centers are being brought up to speed to assist.

This means, we suggest contacting your local support team who can help setup the repair services. Our repair turnaround time is very short in most regions, which means you will only be without your X34 for a few days. Note that Acer is also taking steps to apply this solution to inventory that has not reached customers yet.

Again thank you for your patience and assistance in working through this."

Well, maybe Asus will swoop in for a massive ninja release. I'm sure @Metro would be happy :D  

Interesting... I have actually no other comment than that, besides it must suck for x34 owners who don't get their performance when they hit that "overclock" or w/e button in the menu.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Not surprised actually, I Hope Linus mentions something in todays WAN show. 

i7 5820k, Asus Deluxe x99 3.1 board, 2 Strix980tis Sli, Intel 480gb SSD, 4T WD Black, Asus PG278Q, Acer xb271hu, UpDesk! 

What did I say, told you people, do not buy it. I would wait for the ASUS PG348Q now.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

What did I say, told you people, do not buy it. I would wait for the ASUS PG348Q now.

Well Linus said buy it with the review he gave it.  Apparently he is only going to say something on Wan show if Acer tell him about the recall source his Twitter. 

i7 5820k, Asus Deluxe x99 3.1 board, 2 Strix980tis Sli, Intel 480gb SSD, 4T WD Black, Asus PG278Q, Acer xb271hu, UpDesk! 

Well Linus said buy it with the review he gave it.  Apparently he is only going to say something on Wan show if Acer tell him about the recall source his Twitter. 

You need to look at user reviews as well, this monitor has so many problems, did Linus even mention them, no, he just talked about the good points on it.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

You need to look at user reviews as well, this monitor has so many problems, did Linus even mention them, no, he just talked about the good points on it.

I know lol. More of a troll post on my end. 

If Asus was smart, they would bust their balls to get their monitor released before Christmas. I'm tired of waiting for a gaming ultra wide, with so many AAA titles on the horizon.

If Asus was smart, they would bust their balls to get their monitor released before Christmas. I'm tired of waiting for a gaming ultra wide, with so many AAA titles on the horizon.

It could be late December, JJ said they was announcing the release date for the ASUS PG348Q in early to mid November, so we might get it soon.

interesting  will wait on asus rog UW 

Corsair AIr540 | i7 4790K | Sabertooth MArk 2 | Corsair 2400 16 ram | psu RM850 | gtx 980ti Hybrid | ASUS ROG Xonar Phoebus Soundcard | ACER xb270HU 144hz | Mice Roccat Tyon | Logitec g13 | SSD | Oculus RIft DK2 | Evo Desk  

hahaha

Yeah, this monitor should not have been released, so many issues with it  :)

• 2 months later...

I'm really excited to get one of these monitors but stock has dried up. Is this due to the possible recall of the X34? I am really interested in the release of the Freesync 35" AOC C3583FQ monitor, I hope its 3440×1440 and not 2560×1080.

Either one will be good for me if its a quality product. though I am leaning towards the Freesync since the technology is not restricted to Nvidia only. 

Anyone have any more info on the possible x34 recall? I'm wondering if they will have a 2016 revision.