Can you adapt a USB Mic to XLR?

ANewFace

I was in the middle of ordering some Audio Technica ATH-M50xs on Amazon, and right before I placed to order I noticed that they had a bundle with a Blue Yetti for $30 more (You get the M50xs and the yetti for $200). Although I really don't need that mic, I couldn't pass up a $150 mic for $30 more. Anyway, I am doing a school project right now, and we are doing some interviews with multiple people, and last time we did we could of used another mic. The problem is all of our mics are XLR and are run to a sound board, which is then run to a PC. So what I was wondering is if there anyway you can convert USB to XLR? 

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

I was in the middle of ordering some Audio Technica ATH-M50xs on Amazon, and right before I placed to order I noticed that they had a bundle with a Blue Yetti for $30 more (You get the M50xs and the yetti for $200). Although I really don't need that mic, I couldn't pass up a $150 mic for $30 more. Anyway, I am doing a school project right now, and we are doing some interviews with multiple people, and last time we did we could of used another mic. The problem is all of our mics are XLR and are run to a sound board, which is then run to a PC. So what I was wondering is if there anyway you can convert USB to XLR? 

couldn't you connect directly to the pc. 

The blue yeti also has a mode that allows it to record from both sides of it simultaneously.. Could be very useful for your interviews.

couldn't you connect directly to the pc. 

TBH, IDK, It might work, I will have to see if it causes any problems, because I am not the owner of the sound board, and sound is not my strongest point. We have 3 mics currently that come through the board, and then go to audacity

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

Yes, but that's a bit much for me, I have to buy some RAM and some drives soon for editing, so I don't want to drop a ton on an adapter

Nope NVM that's backwards

Wrong direction

That goes from XLR source to USB.

he wants too go USB source to XLR

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

The answer, more or less, is no.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

TBH, IDK, It might work, I will have to see if it causes any problems, because I am not the owner of the sound board, and sound is not my strongest point. We have 3 mics currently that come through the board, and then go to audacity

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1KT0RA4175&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Hubs-_-9SIA1KT0RA4175&gclid=CjwKEAiAmeyxBRCJxoKk7IWLl2oSJABvZjhhaeZVe6GYHKEMxy2Euop8Kshom4Dg-g8nlpM0-vvFeBoCkWXw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

That wont work, because I need female USB to XLR

How about instead of spending $180 on a crappy pair of headphones and a USB mic that you can't even use, you buy a pair of headphones that are worth their price, and you get the monoprice dynamic mic for a measly $14. The SQ of that mic is as good, if not better than, the shure sm57/58.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

How about instead of spending $180 on a crappy pair of headphones and a USB mic that you can't even use, you buy a pair of headphones that are worth their price, and you get the monoprice dynamic mic for a measly $14. The SQ of that mic is as good, if not better than, the shure sm57/58.

Im sure you are the only person in the world who thinks this

If you were being sarcastic, then +1. 

If not, then...

Many people agree with KaminKevCrew's statements. The M50X sucks for its price, and the Monoprice dynamic microphone is excellent. 

Many studios provide their clients with the Sony MDR-V6 or its sister, the MDR-V7506 to use while recording; I'd say that's a good option for headphones because it has decent isolation and it has a more neutral sound than other headphones I know of at its price point. 

I'm a bit too biased regarding the SM58 (seriously, I use this as my hammer now) being on par or worse than Monoprice's dynamic mic. I guess I'll check it out for myself.

I hope that was sarcasm...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I hate to go off-topic, but why do you want the M50X? There are headphones that even defeat it in terms of price to performance. Hell, even its "inferior" sibling, the M40X, beats it in price to performance.

I hate to go off-topic, but why do you want the M50X? There are headphones that even defeat it in terms of price to performance. Hell, even its "inferior" sibling, the M40X, beats it in price to performance.

I mean, at this point, we are kind of on that topic anyway [emoji14]

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Yay, M50x. The "nemesis"

We must fight this evil! We should pin a topic in the audio section, in all caps, titled "DON'T BUY THE AUDIO-TECHNICA ATH-M50X" or "Why not to buy the Audio-technica ATH-M50X" or something similar. 

We must fight this evil! We should pin a topic in the audio section, in all caps, titled "DON'T BUY THE AUDIO-TECHNICA ATH-M50X" or "Why not to buy the Audio-technica ATH-M50X" or something similar. 

If only it cost $50-$80 to buy an M50/X brand new, fresh from the factory, I doubt alot of us would be hating on the M50X. I hate it because its overpriced for its sonic performance. The rest hate it for various reasons, maybe similar to mine or not. But yeah... I blame MKBHD for this.

If only it cost $50-$80 to buy an M50/X brand new, fresh from the factory, I doubt alot of us would be hating on the M50X. I hate it because its overpriced for its sonic performance. The rest hate it for various reasons, maybe similar to mine or not. But yeah... I blame MKBHD for this.

Yay, M50x. The "nemesis"

What's wrong with the M50Xs? I have heard so many good things about them?

Well... if you read the last quote you added in this reply, you'd most likely understand. Then again, if you've actually tried the likes of even open-back headphones like the AKG K612 Pro (which is the same price as the M50X more or less), the NVX XPT100, the Brainwavz HM5, Sony's MDRV6 or 7506, and even the Takstar Pro 80, they're more compelling value for the money.

Well... if you read the last quote you added in this reply, you'd most likely understand. Then again, if you've actually tried the likes of even open-back headphones like the AKG K612 Pro (which is the same price as the M50X more or less), the NVX XPT100, the Brainwavz HM5, Sony's MDRV6 or 7506, and even the Takstar Pro 80, they're more compelling value for the money.

*more compelling value for even less money (for the sonys, at least)...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

They are not good.

They are not good for the price, with the m40x being virtualy identical.

They have bad comfort.

They have bad sound stage.

They dont have a great sound either.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

They are not good.

They are not good for the price, with the m40x being virtualy identical.

They have bad comfort.

They have bad sound stage.

They dont have a great sound either.

I suffered from earlobe irritation when I used the M50X for a week (brand new... don't worry, I didn't spend money on it. It was a gift... which I wanna burn...), so add "They can cause earlobe irritation to the point of even growing pimples on it" to the list.

Mind you, I take a bath twice a day.