Microsoft Discontinues Windows 7 and 8.1 Next Halloween

Number

hah I still have win 7 disks

wait for win 7 keys to skyrocket in price lol

Yup. I'm guessing Microsoft is really desperate to get users to move to Windows 10. 

Numbre

It sucks. I use Windows 7 Pro besides my Linux install and I don't want to be forced into updating to Windows 10 because of a lack of support. :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

7 is my favorite OS as well, from microsoft anyway

windows 7 was the best OS.. no arguments. i feel like it was the last time Microsoft actually innovated. 

100% Agree!

Main System Specs:

• Intel Core i5 6500 3.2GHz CPU
  • Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H Motherboard
  • Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 2400MHz, Gskill Ripjaws 8GB
  • Asus GTX 1060 Turbo
  • Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB SSD
  • Seagate 1TB NAS Grade HDD x2
  • Thermaltake NiC F3 Cooler
  • EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Power Supply
  • NZXT S340 Red/Black Case
  • Noctua NF-F12 Fan x2

Laptop Specs:

• Intel Pentium N3700 CPU
  • 4GB Kingston RAM
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • Windows 10 Home

Peripherals:

• Microsoft Wired 600 KB
  • Dell 2003 Mouse
  • HP Compaq LA2206x Monitor
  • Logitech X530 5.1 Speakers
  • Roland RH-5 Headphones

I was going to torrent windows 7 but does this mean i should get 10 instead?

I like Windows 7 (and still use it now) because it's just a no nonsense OS without too much manual control (like I imagine Linux is).

My schedule is so busy, so I really need something that just works and that I don't need to spend 2-3 hours tinkering with and setting up.

I hope you guys do realize this is just sales, the article states Win7 will still see support til 2020 and Win8 til 2023

It sucks. I use Windows 7 Pro besides my Linux install and I don't want to be forced into updating to Windows 10 because of a lack of support. :(

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

I still have my Tech Preview Disk for windows 10. :3 Hooray for free unlimited Windows installs!

Alice is up and running btw, I'll post pics soon :3

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.

i dont care to much i like 10 and its my fav so far i like the twist of a more modern os with the old and trusted 7 and it beats windows 8.1 so :) 

Case:- 4U Rack Mount Case | Cooler:- Antec Kuhler H600 | CPU:- Intel i5 4690K @ 4.50GHz GPU:- Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB AMP! Omega Core Edition @ 1449MHz | Motherboard:- MSI Z97S SLI Krait | PSU:- XFX XTR 650W Gold | RAM:- HyperX DDR3 1866MHz 4GB White (x2) Black (x2) | Storage:- Kingston V300 120GB | Storage 2:- Seagate FireCuda 1TB | Build Log |

I hope you guys do realize this is just sales, the article states Win7 will still see support til 2020 and Win8 til 2023

Assuming the sales goes beyond newly bought PCs; I was talking about when I have to reinstall and it claims my key doesn't work (or any other similar situation where I need a key). Instead of being able to purchase Win7, my only option will be Win10. I wasn't just talking about technical support.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Don't torrent at all. Trust me.

Numbre

lol

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

dont do it man

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

A simple checksum will verify the authenticity of the torrented ISO. If it matches the known ones, it will be fine.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2041377

i checked the checksum and on most websites they are different ;-;

A simple checksum will verify the authenticity of the torrented ISO. If it matches the known ones, it will be fine.

well i mean. all i gotta find is a product key online. I can safely download the official iso off of microsofts website. that being said, anyone know where to get keys?  :)

well i mean. all i gotta find is a product key online. I can safely download the official iso off of microsofts website. that being said, anyone know where to get keys?  :)

Sorry, thats against the CoC. And no, most likely most if not all product keys online are blocked by microsoft. 

Numbre

Sorry, thats against the CoC. And no, most likely most if not all product keys online are blocked by microsoft. 

shhh.. lowqui