Microsoft Says If You are Going to Buy a Console for Games, You Will Buy an Xbox One

StrongAsFe

Backwards compatibility

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Backwards compatibility""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I sometimes wonder how screwed consoles would be if EA sports released all their sports games on PC again......

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

If I were to buy an Xbox One, it'd strictly be used as a HTPC rather than for gaming. Not interested in any Xbox One exclusives.

Most families will have a PC, the parents will need them for work etc kids need them for homework

If the family already have a PC bought within the last 10 years, stick a 750ti / 960 inside and bam gaming PC

or they can add a graphics card to the budget of a new family PC - heck they can go buy an off the shelf i3/i5 cheapo PC and shove a graphics card in

No online fees or xbox live, the parent can run the account, they can skype, play games, do homework all on one box, with no subscription fees , and games are cheaper, lots of free to play, steam sales, cheaper games

The problem is the initial cost, set up and how PC takes more skill and knowledge to play games on well with all the options and settings us PC guys have available. Most people have no clue about that stuff. With a console you pop in your game disc(or start the game up if it's saved to the HDD) and just start playing. It's so easy and simple. Plus now, you get more then just the ability to play games and you create a simple and great experience with your home theater entertainment system with a console. It's built for the TV.

dvr....who cares! i want my GAMES console to play games.

sales, graphics, frame rates etc.......the ps4 is just better at the moment.

dont be that guy

xbone has lost already and MS know this. if MS hadnt pushed for always online, no trade ins, limited sharing of games and all of the home entertainment bullshit then the PS4 would have been on the back foot right from the start. as it is now they will get stronger as they get more exclusives because off there market share. as consumers this was excellent its kept them pushing and the next gen will have to be better.

dvr, well the people who watch TV as well as play games. That's who cares. A lot of people in fact do watch tv and also play games on a console.

In hardware and sales numbers, yes the PS4 does win. In other areas, XBO wins. It all depends on what you want out of your console.

Thank you sir.

Microsoft was trying to turn the Xbox into something new and different. PC with steam and other online stores have limited sharing, "always online" kind of stuff, and don't have trade ins. One thing that people like with a PC is the fact that it does more then just play games as well. The home entertainment features of the Xbox One bring more value to the XBO. I was excited seeing more home entertainment features in the new consoles. It allows gamers to gain value and use their console in more ways. They don't have to buy a XBO and a Roku then. What's not to like?

Sorry, MS, you've already lost me this generation.

Even though you've done a good job of turning the ship around after your attempts at always online, forcing Knect, eliminating used games and being about as devoted to gaming that first year as you are to gaming on windows I'm still upset with how hard you tried to fuck gaming.

I wouldn't say they tried to ruin gaming. With Steam there is no used games and you do need to connect your account online every so often on the machine I believe. Microsoft was trying to turn their console into steam in a way but there were some things that weren't very good about it but other things that were like sharing your games with your "family" through online.

It would help if there were actually games for the xbone.

There are, in fact from what I've read there are more exclusives on the xbox one then PS4 as well. I haven't fact checked it though. Also, there is backwards compatibility giving you a lot more games.

I don't know why this is causing such a stir and furthermore, I don't know why some of you are even bringing up PC. Even in the title, the term 'console' was specified. Microsoft is marketing their own machine as the best console for gaming - why wouldn't they? That's marketing for you.

It's a subjective issue, which will be addressed with subjective answers. IMO, the games on the xbone just appeal to me more. I like the controller more and I always saw XBL as the superior online service - PSN isn't even free anymore so even that's not a selling point. That of course is not to say PSN or the controller is bad, I'm just stating my feelings.

But once again.. subjective. It's stupid to give Microsoft crap for trying to sell their own product lol

Ps. Halo is not dead, I don't even know where that is coming from.

FANTASTIC, another of the few people on this thread with some sense.  Congrats to you.

Consoles were born from a time prior to PC gaming. They are (and still should be) all about the exclusives, first and foremost. Why so many people can't understand this, I don't know. All the arguing over which is better is a huge waste of time because how we define and perceive "value" is different for each individual.

Very well said. Props to you man. You get it and now you get a GOLD STAR *

Most families will have a PC, the parents will need them for work etc kids need them for homework

If the family already have a PC bought within the last 10 years, stick a 750ti / 960 inside and bam gaming PC

or they can add a graphics card to the budget of a new family PC - heck they can go buy an off the shelf i3/i5 cheapo PC and shove a graphics card in

No online fees or xbox live, the parent can run the account, they can skype, play games, do homework all on one box, with no subscription fees , and games are cheaper, lots of free to play, steam sales, cheaper games

I've bolded all the assumption you made and you also repeated yourself quite a bit which I crossed out. You cannot justify the PC experience by assumptions. Pound for pound, if you want something to GAME on, which is what Microsoft is talking about here, consoles offer the superior experience.

I've bolded all the assumption you made and you also repeated yourself quite a bit which I crossed out. You cannot justify the PC experience by assumptions. Pound for pound, if you want something to GAME on, which is what Microsoft is talking about here, consoles offer the superior experience.

I agree, if you had an empty house and the least amount of money a console would be the cheapest option (assuming they already have a TV)

(xbox live fees, functionality of the PC, steam sales and more free to play games are not assumptions)

but that is not the real world, many kids will have a laptop, or a desktop, or a tablet bought for them for school, sure sometimes they are old, but many get new ones too, 

Honestly the PC makers should be tackling this, making the pc cheaper and more compelling, working on software that is easier to use for less experienced people

in 2015 we should not need to buy 4 different boxes just to play some video games

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I agree, if you had an empty house and the least amount of money a console would be the cheapest option (assuming they already have a TV)

(xbox live fees, functionality of the PC, steam sales and more free to play games are not assumptions)

You assume they're playing online, you assume they need the functionality of a PC which is odd since we're talking about gaming here, you assume (or at least suggesting) that consoles have no sales and free-to-play maybe but I would assume that consoles are geared towards AAA titles anyway.

You assume they're playing online, you assume they need the functionality of a PC which is odd since we're talking about gaming here, you assume (or at least suggesting) that consoles have no sales and free-to-play maybe but I would assume that consoles are geared towards AAA titles anyway.

The xbox is very restricted without live, you cant even use youtube or browse the web- - sure if that person is ONLY gaming, sure but still half of the functionality of the device is restricted

again I know that is assuming but I dont know anybody who only games and does not own or have function of some sort of computer

Sure they are geared towards AAA but it sucks that they still cannot play the whole back catalogue, so now i need to have a PS4, PS3, PS2 just to play all of the games I bought over the years

Honestly I am not ANTI console, I just think consoles are anti-consumer, they restrict people from enjoying games that are platform restricted, consoles do not offer the greatest gaming performance, or have horrible restrictions like you must have live to browse the web etc

Yes, I concede, if ALL you do in life is a box to play games, for the least money, yes fine, get an xbox, but that is just not how it works for the majority of people who want to use all the functions of their consoles and want a better gaming experience 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

consoles have lot of thing going for them :

more exclusive

Not true at all. PC probably got more exclusives than the Xbone and PS4 got games combined (the very incomplete list I found on Wikipedia got 759 PC exclusive games on it).

The number of exclusives shouldn't matter though. What matters are the handful of exclusives YOU want.

almost no hackers

Depends on the game. There are plenty of games on PC with "almost no hackers" as well.

no piracy

What world do you live in? It's easier to find a modded Xbox 360 that can play pirated games than it is to find a non-modded one. Remember GTA5? People were playing pirated copies of that on the Xbox 360 before the game even came out officially.

developers make more money on console versions

1) Why do you care? It doesn't make the actual game better on consoles.

2) That is not really true. For example according to the Ubisoft quarterly earnings report PC was actually the number 2 platform (PS4 being first). PC made them more money than the Xbone, Xbox 360 and PS3. I wouldn't use "PC makes Ubisoft more money" as an argument for why PC is better better than the Xbone though. Because such an argument would sound very silly.

preferred platform choice for AAA devs

[Citation Needed]

Also, like with the "makes more money", who the hell cares? If it doesn't have any impact on the end result then it does not matter. Would you say Half Life Blue Shift is better than Half Life Opposing Force because some developers prefer the color blue over the color green?

games are easier to optimize

[Citation Needed]

Even if they are "easier to optimize" it doesn't change the fact that a lot of games on the new consoles runs like crap. 30 FPS or lower and at really low resolutions. All the optimizations in the world can't save them from the fact that the hardware is pretty crap.

I wouldn't say they tried to ruin gaming. With Steam there is no used games and you do need to connect your account online every so often on the machine I believe. Microsoft was trying to turn their console into steam in a way but there were some things that weren't very good about it but other things that were like sharing your games with your "family" through online.

I wouldn't say ruin either, but they were trying to eliminate some of the main reasons I like consoles.

Mostly the systems being focused on games and gaming (See the TV TV TV SPORTS TV TV SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS MOVIES TV Xbox one highlights) and used games and trading/borrowing games.

I'm fine with them also having their system do all the home media stuff (it is nice to only need one or two things under my TV for all my entertainment media needs) so long as they remember it is also a gaming system.

I wouldn't say ruin either, but they were trying to eliminate some of the main reasons I like consoles.

Mostly the systems being focused on games and gaming (See the TV TV TV SPORTS TV TV SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS MOVIES TV Xbox one highlights) and used games and trading/borrowing games.

I'm fine with them also having their system do all the home media stuff (it is nice to only need one or two things under my TV for all my entertainment media needs) so long as they remember it is also a gaming system.

But that video is VERY misleading in a couple ways.

1. You yourself even like the fact that there is a bunch of home entertainment features. It brings more value and you can do more stuff in one machine.

2. While the video is funny, a lot of the times they say "TV" or "Television" it's in the context that the Xbox One is connected to your TV and that things are viewed through the TV. There was plenty of talk about Television/Media features though.

3. When Microsoft showed off the Xbox One they wanted to reveal the features and hardware. E3 was weeks away, I think maybe a month or less from when they first announced the Xbox One. That is where Microsoft announced their games. Why not show off the capabilities of your new machine first? It's not a bad idea. Show the gamers how "next gen" the console is and then show them what games you can play on this "next gen" console.

There's other things I can mention but overall, most of the perception was over blown.

consoles have lot of thing going for them :

more exclusives

Actually PC has, by far, more exclusives. Most people only think of the triple-A titles, but there are far more. 

The number of console exclusives has actually been decreasing as more and more console exclusives have become merely "timed" exclusives. Devs and publishers know they can sell more games if they make them available across multiple platforms.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I purchases it last holiday season and regretted it.

Thanks for the laugh.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

A PR statement gave you cancer? Boy, you are so ready for real life.

Marketing bullshit generally causes cancer, but only for the people viewing it and not the people who make it. Which is weird.

How marketing people can sleep at night, and look at themselves in the mirror, is beyond me.

Thanks for the laugh.

Newer, better video.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

PS4 has Gundam...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXWsPov_i8

does XBOX One have Gundam?

Dynasty warriors gundam

:)

But that was xbox 360 and ps3, not heard anything for the current platforms.

With that said... I don't care lol, I just want more Armored Core.

Gundam anime is fun to watch, not to play aside from the dynasty games.

Back on topic, lol. Funny guy.

As always there is a lot of ignorance in this thread.

In the end it's about the quality exclusive games, not the one that have the most. I just recently picked up a xbox for the Rare replay, sunset overdrive and halo.

Aside from them there aren't any other games of interest.

Fable ended for me after 3 and this spinoff isn't going to live long.

Forza, dont care. iRacing ftw.

Tomb raider, I'll wait for pc.

COD, noty.

BF. Lol. Pc only for me.

What's left?

Also... Fucking Microsoft keep giving us AA batteries, even with the elite controller... Oh but hey, solution: pay extra for a rechargeable battery.

What does the controller cost then? 90? Wow and some people shit on the ps4.... St least it comes with a rechargeable battery...

Then again the wii U pro controller's battery is superior. And it even cost less.

What the hell sony and m$

In their defense, that's kinda the only effective way to sell a console. It looks worse than a PC across the board. So most of the objective, marketable value has to be artificially imposed through exclusives. Sony does it, too, and Nintendo literally lives on exclusives.

Do you know how older consoles sold themselves? By playing games better than a PC that cost significantly more-you had to spend a shitload of money to get a better PC. They actually sold based on their own merits, not exclusive games.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

4rdOcQasKart.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

PC Master Race here. I own an Xbone One (That just went away for coil whine warranty haha), and I'm going to be honest; buy whatever console you feel the need, because they're all equally bad good. 

Both the Xbox, PS4, and Wii give gamers ease of access to games for an affordable cost with amazing graphics, online play, and support. No stuffing about in the settings menu of a graphics driver trying to remove the micro stuttering thanks to my Xfire setup, or spending 30min trying to figure out if Nvidia gameworks is causing my SLI setup to bluescreen. Consoles are more affordable, and easier. 

Pop the disk in, install, grab a drink, and play with your mates. Stop whinging about Xbox/PS4. It's annoying.

4rdOcQasKart.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

PC Master Race here. I own an Xbone One (That just went away for coil whine warranty haha), and I'm going to be honest; buy whatever console you feel the need, because they're all equally bad good. 

Both the Xbox, PS4, and Wii give gamers ease of access to games for an affordable cost with amazing graphics, online play, and support. No stuffing about in the settings menu of a graphics driver trying to remove the micro stuttering thanks to my Xfire setup, or spending 30min trying to figure out if Nvidia gameworks is causing my SLI setup to bluescreen. Consoles are more affordable, and easier. 

Pop the disk in, install, grab a drink, and play with your mates. Stop whinging about Xbox/PS4. It's annoying.

Installing a game on a console takes forever-the same as a Pc. Patching a game takes forever on a console-just like a PC. If people want a try console which they can easily play with their friends without any PC inconveniences then the Xbox 360, PS3 and one of Nintendo's consoles are the way to go. The Xbone and Pisspoor are just flat out bad.

Oh and the Xbone and Pisspoor are as affordable as a better PC, unlike earlier generations which were either on par with mid to high end gaming rigs, or exceeded aforementioned mid to high end gaming rigs, and all at a fraction of the cost.

PMSL

Installing a game on a console takes forever-the same as a Pc. Patching a game takes forever on a console-just like a PC. If people want a try console which they can easily play with their friends without any PC inconveniences then the Xbox 360, PS3 and one of Nintendo's consoles are the way to go. The Xbone and Pisspoor are just flat out bad.

Oh and the Xbone and Pisspoor are as affordable as a better PC, unlike earlier generations which were either on par with mid to high end gaming rigs, or exceeded aforementioned mid to high end gaming rigs, and all at a fraction of the cost.

so, let me get this right dab.

you despise the PS4 and fagbox because, and just because, you need to install games.

well, i got shocking news for you mate. you had to do that for the PS3 too, the game installs were just smaller.

Now, are Sony and MS to blame for game installs?

NO

that are entirely, 100%, the game devs fault.

They could have packaged things better, they could prolly kept quite A LOT of data on their servers rather then locally.

And just like you say, install time on a next gen console takes about as long as a PC. it really does. yes my i7 is quicker, but really.... my i7 costs almost as much as the console, so if it wasnt quicker i'd be bloody pissed.

Honestly, if you gonna rage about game installs, go do that on the forums of the game devs. THEY are the ones to blame.

If you wanted to install 60GB at blazing speeds then a console would need a 4GHz+ 5960x + two Samsung 950Pro 512GB NVMe SSDs in RAID 0 to get it done fast. EVEN THEN, you would still be waiting a little.

honestly. Your argument about a game install is bullshit. It really is.

each year we bitch about wanting more graphics, longer lasting games, better voice acting and more advanced AI and deeper story telling. Ontop of this we want LESS LATENCY AND LESS LAGS

the only way to have all this is to install the bulk of it locally. There is NO WAY to get around this.

Adding to this the low cost of large amounts of storage (45-50 bucks for 1TB 7200RPM drive.. yeah, that is CHEAP), then the devs have little incentive to keep game sizes small.

As for just poppin in the disk... yeah, the PS2 did that...

The PS3, and 360 too if i remember correctly, almost always had 2-3GB files to install... and they were soooooo fucking slow at it. Especially their networking was bad (i had PS3, my friend had 360.. we both had 25MBs down, 10MBs up wired connections at the time) and slow..

you glorify the PS3 and 360 WAAAAAAAAAAY too much. They werent nearly as good as you want them to be.

Fun fact, my PS4 installs a 20GB game in the time my PS3 does a 8GB one.. what does that tell you huh?

EDIT:

Jaguar is based on K10, aka Phenom II. Not Bulldozer.

the 8 cores inside a PS4/fagbox is litterally 2x Athlon 5350 which is a real 4 physical cores 4 threads CPU

Do you know how older consoles sold themselves? By playing games better than a PC that cost significantly more-you had to spend a shitload of money to get a better PC. They actually sold based on their own merits, not exclusive games.

and PC parts were, in relation, way way way more expensive...

but that was because Sony and MS lost money selling you the PS3/fagbox 360.... they sold you a 650 USD machine for 399 or 499. Dun remember correct retail price at that time.

so, let me get this right dab.

you despise the PS4 and fagbox because, and just because, you need to install games.

well, i got shocking news for you mate. you had to do that for the PS3 too, the game installs were just smaller.

Now, are Sony and MS to blame for game installs?

NO

that are entirely, 100%, the game devs fault.

They could have packaged things better, they could prolly kept quite A LOT of data on their servers rather then locally.

And just like you say, install time on a next gen console takes about as long as a PC. it really does. yes my i7 is quicker, but really.... my i7 costs almost as much as the console, so if it wasnt quicker i'd be bloody pissed.

Honestly, if you gonna rage about game installs, go do that on the forums of the game devs. THEY are the ones to blame.

If you wanted to install 60GB at blazing speeds then a console would need a 4GHz+ 5960x + two Samsung 950Pro 512GB NVMe SSDs in RAID 0 to get it done fast. EVEN THEN, you would still be waiting a little.

honestly. Your argument about a game install is bullshit. It really is.

each year we bitch about wanting more graphics, longer lasting games, better voice acting and more advanced AI and deeper story telling. Ontop of this we want LESS LATENCY AND LESS LAGS

the only way to have all this is to install the bulk of it locally. There is NO WAY to get around this.

Adding to this the low cost of large amounts of storage (45-50 bucks for 1TB 7200RPM drive.. yeah, that is CHEAP), then the devs have little incentive to keep game sizes small.

As for just poppin in the disk... yeah, the PS2 did that...

The PS3, and 360 too if i remember correctly, almost always had 2-3GB files to install... and they were soooooo fucking slow at it. Especially their networking was bad (i had PS3, my friend had 360.. we both had 25MBs down, 10MBs up wired connections at the time) and slow..

you glorify the PS3 and 360 WAAAAAAAAAAY too much. They werent nearly as good as you want them to be.

Fun fact, my PS4 installs a 20GB game in the time my PS3 does a 8GB one.. what does that tell you huh?

EDIT:

Jaguar is based on K10, aka Phenom II. Not Bulldozer.

the 8 cores inside a PS4/fagbox is litterally 2x Athlon 5350 which is a real 4 physical cores 4 threads CPU

I despise them because they are more inconvenient than previous generations and they suck.

And its still bloody weak. And think for a second how many games the Xbone and Pisspoor can actually fit.

and PC parts were, in relation, way way way more expensive...

but that was because Sony and MS lost money selling you the PS3/fagbox 360.... they sold you a 650 USD machine for 399 or 499. Dun remember correct retail price at that time.

What you paid for and got though actually made them good machines.

PMSL

I despise them because they are more inconvenient than previous generations and they suck.

And its still bloody weak. And think for a second how many games the Xbone and Pisspoor can actually fit.

What you paid for and got though actually made them good machines.

Inconvenient. perhaps.

also remember that the PS3 and fagbox 360 came with 320GB disk as standard and 500GB as "extra large". On the flip side, the PS4 and fagbox is sold with 500GB and 1TB versions. The fagbox can use external drives, while the PS4 can freely change the internal drive.

While laptop drives are NOT cheap, especially the larger ones. If you want a damn big drive, there is nothing stopping you from slapping a 2-3TB drive in the PS4...

or if you REALLY need better install speed. get a 1TB SSD (yeah lol, costs as much as a console)..

honestly, i despise the installing too. BUT, that is the price WE ALL PAY for better graphics, larger maps, more stuff etc...

There is NOTHING that is convenient anymore. Steam requires download + install. same with GoG... Nvidia Grid/NOW, while a great idea is shit because you need a shield device to use it, in addition to a subscription and sometimes being forced to pay for your games ontop of this subscription.

If you want convenience in gaming. stick with the PS2... no other console is TRULY convenient.

But the price you pay is worse graphics, worse physics, 30FPS max no matter what.

As for the PS3 and fagbox 360 giving more value...

do you remember when the PS3 came out?

oh yeah, around 2008 wasnt it?

what else happened in 2008?

Oh yeah, global economy took a shit.

Do you really think MS and Sony didnt feel that crisis? Consoles being sold at a loss. less initial buyers, less games sold initially...

They all got budgets, i bet quite a few of those budgets got blown or atleast didnt make the expected profit.

You cannot sell things at a loss and fuck up time and time again. If you do, you end up like AMD. in which case we are all fucked. As then the "next gen" console would be based on a undervolted and underclocked FX4100...

Companies are there to make money. Not give you free shit. Because they did it once does not, in any way, give you the right to see such an mistake done again.

It is a priviledge to buy a product, not a right.

Yet it is also a priviledge to sell a product, not a right.

we can go full circle time and time again, bottom line is.

You, as the consumer, has only one decision to make.

that is to ask yourself the question: "Is the product i get worth the cost"

if the answer is yes, you buy it. If it is no, you dont buy it.

being salty because you probably want to buy one, but wont because it isnt as good as you want it to be is simply asinine.