Microsoft Says If You are Going to Buy a Console for Games, You Will Buy an Xbox One

StrongAsFe

Yet they don't have the early COD dlc releases anymore! The one thing microsoft the one god damn thing i cared about and you screwed it! Now mlg is on PS4 -_-.

Actually, if you're buying a console for games, you're buying a Wii U or 3ds.  I can get shooters and racing games on PC.

The racing games on PC are subpar at best. Nothing has yet to come close to Forza or Gran Turismo. Just calling it the way it is. 

Even though all my friends are on PS4, I would not hesitate to get the XB1 instead because their big exclusive titles like Halo and Forza are just too good resist. Oh and that backward compatibility too.. 

Okay,

1. Halo 5 is already confirmed to be sub-par at best. 

2. PC has...more (and probably better) exclusives than Xbox and PS4, jesus....eg. CSGO, LoL.

Right....that game where everyone jumps around like idiots.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

@OP what's the point of your thread? bitching and moaning? It's a PR pitch, when's the last time it meant fuckall factually instead of... well PR bullshit?

Let me be more clear. I'm not talking about specifically Microsoft. Every PR pitch ever is full of bullshit.

that's like complaining because the earth revolves around the sun or because we breath air.

Halo died with hte second installment. After that, it turned into the new "mario" or "CoD" or "Battlefield" franchise...

If there is one franchise that adapts well to gaming, it's Mario... Comparing Mario to CoD and Battlefield is insulting as fuck.

Except for the part where PS4 is whopping Xbone in every way.

Xbone sells more games which to me means a hell of a lot of PS4 are being sold as blu-ray readers, just sit on shelves unused or die out so often that they end up getting replaced.

The Order: 1866

Why are you putting a movie in your video games list?

Wii U eventually too, of course. I want the new Zelda games. <33

Get the NX then, it's probably going to release by the time the new Zelda releases :P

Okay,

1. Halo 5 is already confirmed to be sub-par at best. 

2. PC has...more (and probably better) exclusives than Xbox and PS4, jesus....eg. CSGO, LoL.

TIL PCs are consoles.

If you're going to play games you buy an Xbox One?, ok, then what was all that crap of using the Xbox One to watch TV?

When the Xbone launched they were trying to put it up as the "all in one entertainment system". Could play your blu rays, use to watch TV, browse the internet, & of course play games. Everyone knows the Xbox plays games, that why they showed the other stuff a lot during launch.

Except for the part where PS4 is whopping Xbone in every way.

Are they on another planet or just got their heads buried?

How does PS4 whop Xbox One? Are were going to have a graphics comparison that would be nit picky at best? They are extremely similar. Also Xbox Live has historically been far better for multiplayer experience than PSN. You have always been able to find way more competition on Xbox. For the most part competitive console games have always been hosted on the Xbox console, although I think COD recently chose PS4. (Don't quote me I don't follow COD shit) Xbox has always been a place where you can hop in a party with friends. I remember on PS3 when I would have to text message my friends to communicate, or create some kind of lame private chat. If I remember correctly I couldn't even speak to them when we weren't playing the same game??(Don't quote me but it was pretty bad) For MULTIPLAYER CONSOLE GAMES, Xbox has always been superior. You can debate single player games all day & compare screen shots between consoles with one or the other having a bit more black in the top right corner. 

cost and convenience. Consoles offer superb value vs their equivalent PC. 

Agreed. Not everyone can build their own PCs. Although ppl on our forums see this as "easy" for the most part most don't & it's intimidating. Also buying a sweet gaming PC is not always cheap. Gaming is largely oriented towards young kids, teenagers, and young adults, of course adults play too. Why I bring this up is I would say the majority of gamers are 10-20 years old. This isn't exactly an age bracket that has a lot of money. Sure when you're getting to 17+ you can start working & making a little cash but that's still in high school. 14 years olds aren't gonna have $1500 bucks to spend on a sweet gaming rig, or the money to spend on a graphics cards that costs more than and Xbox & PS4 combined. Consoles provide an excellent value & for their price points ($350 with Xbox atm) they offer a lot. 

I'm a big PC gamer and have been for the past few years but I will never trash on consoles. Yes you can compare PC to console & PC is better, but buying a gaming PC is not for everyone. Also I always owned an Xbox for their exclusives that you can't find on PC or PS4. 

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

PS4 has Gundam...

does XBOX One have Gundam?

I don't mean to start a fight (really not trying to) but this game looks lame as hell  ^_^

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Yeah....no.....

They ruined Halo and Fable, I never got into Forza, but if I was into racing games I'd just play the vast majority on PC with a good wheel.

Gears of War is the only thing that would even remotely interest me in a Xbone, but that's coming to PC "supposedly".

If I wanted a console, I'd get a PS4, much better games because quality>quantity.

Agreed. Not everyone can build their own PCs. Although ppl on our forums see this as "easy" for the most part most don't & it's intimidating. Also buying a sweet gaming PC is not always cheap. Gaming is largely oriented towards young kids, teenagers, and young adults, of course adults play too. Why I bring this up is I would say the majority of gamers are 10-20 years old. This isn't exactly an age bracket that has a lot of money. Sure when you're getting to 17+ you can start working & making a little cash but that's still in high school. 14 years olds aren't gonna have $1500 bucks to spend on a sweet gaming rig, or the money to spend on a graphics cards that costs more than and Xbox & PS4 combined. Consoles provide an excellent value & for their price points ($350 with Xbox atm) they offer a lot. 

I'm a big PC gamer and have been for the past few years but I will never trash on consoles. Yes you can compare PC to console & PC is better, but buying a gaming PC is not for everyone. Also I always owned an Xbox for their exclusives that you can't find on PC or PS4. 

couldn't have said it any better. I love PC gaming and most of my hours now are spent playing CSGO. That being said, my PC setup is farrr farrr more expensive than a console. Is PC gaming superior? Yes, if you have the money for it.

As you pointed out, a lot of gamers are young, especially those wanting a cheap gaming experience. A 13 year old kid is going to have a much easier time convincing his parents to purchase a $350 PS4 by walking to the store than having them search up parts, ordering them from different websites, assembling, installing software, I could go on. Even if a parent is capable of doing all this, the PC experience at $350 is barely better and often times worse than the console experience.

I don't mean to start a fight (really not trying to) but this game looks lame as hell  ^_^

everyone has tastes...

everyone has tastes...

Of course, not trying to trash on your style. Just definitely not something I would list as a reason for PS4 being better than Xbox!!

asiancorruption, on 04 Nov 2015 - 09:19 AM, said:

both consoles are pretty meh, which is why I'm planning to move to the #pcmasterrace 

Welcome, Brother.

Of course, not trying to trash on your style. Just definitely not something I would list as a reason for PS4 being better than Xbox!!

I'm just pointing out exclusives that I'm interested in to disprove Microsoft's statement...

Then again, they did have GalGun on the 360...

why cant just everyone move to pc?

Consoles could just be a low-tier, value, pre-built PC...Oh wait.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

When the Xbone launched they were trying to put it up as the "all in one entertainment system". Could play your blu rays, use to watch TV, browse the internet, & of course play games. Everyone knows the Xbox plays games, that why they showed the other stuff a lot during launch.

How does PS4 whop Xbox One? Are were going to have a graphics comparison that would be nit picky at best? They are extremely similar. Also Xbox Live has historically been far better for multiplayer experience than PSN. You have always been able to find way more competition on Xbox. For the most part competitive console games have always been hosted on the Xbox console, although I think COD recently chose PS4. (Don't quote me I don't follow COD shit) Xbox has always been a place where you can hop in a party with friends. I remember on PS3 when I would have to text message my friends to communicate, or create some kind of lame private chat. If I remember correctly I couldn't even speak to them when we weren't playing the same game??(Don't quote me but it was pretty bad) For MULTIPLAYER CONSOLE GAMES, Xbox has always been superior. You can debate single player games all day & compare screen shots between consoles with one or the other having a bit more black in the top right corner. 

uhm. you had VOIP chat on the PS3 outside games within the first year??

invite friends, then chat. Could play different games while doing so too. Although it was a good idea to cut off the game specific VOIP as it would often make the conversation completely impossible to keep track off.

At which point has fagbox live been better?

during the PS3 era, PSN was free. completely free. Meanwhile fagbox 360 online gaming had a subscription for online play... GR8 M8. Just what i needed, another expense for no reason.

Even now, i struggle to see the point of fagbox live... even for a console subscription, it isnt THAT great...

Now, no console will ever match steam or GoG in terms of sales. But atleast PSN has had some bonuses coming with their subscription... most notably Share Play, which is a great idea even if it is a bit short duration per session.

uhm. you had VOIP chat on the PS3 outside games within the first year??

invite friends, then chat. Could play different games while doing so too. Although it was a good idea to cut off the game specific VOIP as it would often make the conversation completely impossible to keep track off.

during the PS3 era, PSN was free. completely free. Meanwhile fagbox 360 online gaming had a subscription for online play... GR8 M8. Just what i needed, another expense for no reason.

Even now, i struggle to see the point of fagbox live... even for a console subscription, it isnt THAT great...

Now, no console will ever match steam or GoG in terms of sales. But atleast PSN has had some bonuses coming with their subscription... most notably Share Play, which is a great idea even if it is a bit short duration per session.

I barely played my PS3 cause it was shit. But could you have a PARTY chat on PS3? Chat with 8 of your friends all on different games? I never remember that. Also XBL for a year is $60...sorry if that breaks that bank. I'll pay $60 to play all of my favorite multiplayer games online with some real competition, and a network where many of my real life (and online) friends reside. PSN has always been a joke for multiplayer games, I see it more as a single player console. You play the same games on PSN that you play on XBL & the competition will be much much much lower on average. Also you pay for XBL and PSN now correct? So that's kinda invalid to talk about currently. But if talking about the past I would pay $60 a year to be in a party with friends, play multiplayer games against people with thumbs, etc. + I used to play mostly Halo/Gears of War, which obviously aren't on PSN.

We can bicker console wars all day, it's opinion vs opinion. I have always valued XBL games and multiplayer experience far more than PSN & it's worth a small $60 imo, and I know many other that agree. If you wanna save $60 that badly you could suffice with PSN's mediocre online experience. I can't talk for present day & I know they have improved, but still doesn't change my opinion much nor would sway me to buy a PS4.

PS4 already has inbuilt live streaming and recording... cannot do streaming/lets play with any nintendo shit... unless you wanna get sued.

Forza .... its nice but GT is better imo. From a pure physics and vehicle selection standpoint. Forza has more artistic maps.

Fable is a good point, but Fable will come to PC. So it is not exclusive at all.

halo is dead... they're just milkin it now. Like AC....

Backwards compatibility is nice and all, but we have played these games already... very few games on any platform offers good replay value.

the Pro controller just adds basic features found in the PS4 controller :|

As total biscuit once said, if you really want to play older games you should have kept the older console.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Well, having just 1 out of 20 Steam boxes be appropriately priced for the hardware in them would be a great start.

One of the companies that make their own motherboards and are GPU board partners for either AMD or Nvidia should be able to (Zotac or MSI for example)

That $999 box with a GTX 960 made me spit my coffee.

I think the $550 price point needs a killer box. Or a $350 box with a new APU. Hell, Intel's Broadwell chips are a disaster for productivity due to the microcode+Office bug, so they should strike a deal with one of the Steam Box makers to sell them at markdown, the new Iris Pro-level iGPUs are really good.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

if I were to buy a console it would be a PS4, as it has lots of exclusives that are really good

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Everyone knows the Wii is the dominant gaming master race.

lol no xddd

Honestly the Wii is the console I am most likely to buy.

Well, having just 1 out of 20 Steam boxes be appropriately priced for the hardware in them would be a great start.

One of the companies that make their own motherboards and are GPU board partners for either AMD or Nvidia should be able to (Zotac or MSI for example)

That $999 box with a GTX 960 made me spit my coffee.

I think the $550 price point needs a killer box. Or a $350 box with a new APU. Hell, Intel's Broadwell chips are a disaster for productivity due to the microcode+Office bug, so they should strike a deal with one of the Steam Box makers to sell them at markdown, the new Iris Pro-level iGPUs are really good.

i mean, want some real bullshit in terms of PCs?

why cant i run a fucking bog standard blu-ray movie on a PC without either paying for a program that doesnt work At ALL (powerdvd) or pay EVEN MORE for a program that works. I had this discussion with someone before, now PowerDVD is shit, it doesnt work. But he knew a program that worked, it costs only 99 bucks... so... 30 bucks for a decent Blu-ray reader and 100 bucks for software that is up to date with the latest DRM for god knows how long...

Why can these motherfucking DRM codes just be PART of some player. I dont care if MS struck a deal and got exclusive rights to use these DRM codes with win media player. Even though i hate win media player, it is tolerable.

@Spev

yes you could.

Multiplayer on PSN or fagbox live is the same thing. The games does not differ in mechanics. PS only gets a few advantages in resolution and graphical fidelity.

Both systems are just as fast with Wifi and wired, so it doesnt really matter which one you play on. Especially now that both uses about the same hardware. No single player base is more or less competitive.

Also, if you want competition... heard of GT Academy? Its part of Gran Turismo... its a tournament, the 10-20 best players are invited to take part of a training course to become a REAL racing driver... yeah, that is competition. But that is still only ONE actual competition...

CS:GO is competition

LoL is competition

DotA2 is competition.

GW2 is competition (there is decent cash prizes, even though the playerbase largely thinks the PvP tourneys are fail)

fragging eachother senseless in Halo for digital tags or small sums of money is not really "competition". Its fun and all, but still as casual as you get it.

the fagbox has events, like most platforms. But never have i heard or seen any huge epic tourneys or events being fronted.

inb4 "what about CoD?!"

CoD is a place for 12-14 YO to sprint around trying to show off their t-bagging skills. The game is extremely unrealistic. Perhaps even worse then CS:GO, no wait definetively worse, and does not represent any real competition purely based on how badly the game is set up in favor of time investment vs reward.

There are NO REAL COMPETITION ON EITHER CONSOLE. EVER!

THERE WONT BE REAL COMPETITION ON ANY CONSOLE. EVER!

but what about fighting games??!?!?!

fighting games, or rather arcade fighting games like King of Fighters, Tekken, Soul Calibur, Streetfighter etc were born and conceived either in theory, or in practice. Before even consumer PCs was a big thing... Consoles werent even a twinkle in the eyes of Sony, Nintendo or Atari by then...

consoles are targeted at casuals and the mainstream market. Thus neither can or will be able to cater to the hardcore players.

Saying a console has real competition is simply bullshit. It wont. The machines and network systems themselves arent suited for it in terms of stability, FPS, team functionality or controllers

becasue PC is a pain...between dodgey ports and build your own rig its no where near as simple as a console....

They're not wrong...

They have: Forza, Halo, Fable...

Backwards compatibility

A controller for the pros who want more.

DVR functionality coming in 2016

They have more features...

I don't see why people are saying they're wrong.

And the Wii U was a failure imo. Nintendo has the chance to beat every other console to a pulp but they took so long with their games that MS and Sony caught up...

and PS4 have gran turismo, god of war, blah blah blah. bot have decent exclusives and most cancel each other out.

BC is overrated.....

xbox does have the better controller

dvr....who cares! i want my GAMES console to play games.

xbox dropped the ball and now they are paying the price.

This comment caught my attention.

I know literally 1 person that likes the XB controller more than the PS one. What is so special about it that the "pros" want it? 

Also Fable: The Lost Chapters is the only good Fable so I wouldn't call that a plus.  :lol:

actually most people i know prefer the xbox controller...

Xbone sells more games which to me means a hell of a lot of PS4 are being sold as blu-ray readers, just sit on shelves unused or die out so often that they end up getting replaced.

source? i have never seen anything about this and given PS4s 3:1 lead in the markets i dont see how this works.

How does PS4 whop Xbox One? 

sales, graphics, frame rates etc.......the ps4 is just better at the moment.

fagbox owner detected !!

dont be that guy

xbox live was miles ahead of PSN for years...right untill PSN started doing what xbox live did.  live had better friend integration, chats system, content, it was just better.

xbone has lost already and MS know this. if MS hadnt pushed for always online, no trade ins, limited sharing of games and all of the home entertainment bullshit then the PS4 would have been on the back foot right from the start. as it is now they will get stronger as they get more exclusives because off there market share. as consumers this was excellent its kept them pushing and the next gen will have to be better.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

It's called PC Microsoft! You know, that thing that runs your OS.